Stan
user_offline.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1219186", true);

... Don't forget everyone!!!!!
clock_2007a.gif

... An extra hour to partay tonight!!!!
woohoo.gif

Whoops, diddley do, we need to join threads MOD LOL

Cute story, but it would be a weekend you'd never forget. Cater in is what I would say, and then I'd take that extra hour to have a bit of bubbly to celebrate getting the job done on time. YaYa

Scandi

I found a new loathing for daylight savings when I had kids.

Their sleep schedule that I can count on is one small way I am able to keep my sanity and the twice a year clock changes always screw things up one way or another. Tomorrow morning when they wake me up at 5 a.m. because their bodies and brains think it's 6 a.m., I will once again curse whoever came up with the idea.:boohoo: :banghead: :bang:

Hi Southcitymom,

I think we change our clocks back tomorrow night, Sunday, when we go to bed. It will be Monday morning when they wake you up at 5am. LOL

Scandi

Miss Scandi,
I do believe it is tonight. As in 2am tonight. So it's technically Sunday. That's maybe why you thot it was Sunday nite/Mon morn.

They always change it on the weekend so as not to throw off people work days monday morning.

Also, this is the last time it will be in October, as they've changed it now.
Next year it will be ealier (march i think) and later (november it think)
Great!! just when i started to get the hang of it!

kk

wannabesleuthkk said:
Miss Scandi,
I do believe it is tonight. As in 2am tonight. So it's technically Sunday. That's maybe why you thot it was Sunday nite/Mon morn.

They always change it on the weekend so as not to throw off people work days monday morning.

kk

That's annoying to know. here in Europe we always Spring Forward a week ahead of the States, but we Fall Back the same week. sooo, i wonder how things will pan out next year?

matters to me because i do video chat most nights with my American cousin and we fix it at 7:30 p.m./10:30 a.m. it throws us out one week a year. or has done up till now.

and this weekend means Sunday Night/Saturday morning. :)

scandi said:
Hi Southcitymom,

I think we change our clocks back tomorrow night, Sunday, when we go to bed. It will be Monday morning when they wake you up at 5am. LOL

Scandi
Now I'm even MORE depressed! ;)

scandi said:
Hi Southcitymom,

Scandi
NOPE, sorry scandi :D

At 2 a.m. on October 29, groggy Americans will turn their clocks back one hour, marking the end of Daylight Saving Time.

They always say "change your clocks back before you go to bed"
Well they must not know us around here. 2am is like evening for me. and 1oclock in the afternoon is like morning.
I always wait til the next day anyway when i watch the news, then remember, then run around and change em all.
kk

wannabesleuthkk said:
Miss Scandi,

kk
You're right kk,

From 1986 to 2006 this has been the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October, but starting in 2007, it will be observed from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November, adding about a month to daylight saving time.

wannabesleuthkk said:
They always say "change your clocks back before you go to bed"
Well they must not know us around here. 2am is like evening for me. and 1oclock in the afternoon is like morning.
I always wait til the next day anyway when i watch the news, then remember, then run around and change em all.
kk
I'll do mine tonight, aside from the clocks, everything from the coffee-maker, T.V.'s, recorders, phones, Microwave/oven (what did I leave out?)

Oh yeah, my car :) At least the Internet & cell phones do it for us!

Floh said:
That's annoying to know. here in Europe we always Spring Forward a week ahead of the States, but we Fall Back the same week. sooo, i wonder how things will pan out next year?

matters to me because i do video chat most nights with my American cousin and we fix it at 7:30 p.m./10:30 a.m. it throws us out one week a year. or has done up till now.

and this weekend means Sunday Night/Saturday morning. :)
Floh, until you mentioned about Europe, I hadn't realized that so looked it up.

In the European Union, Summer Time begins and ends at 1:00 a.m. Universal Time (Greenwich Mean Time). It begins the last Sunday in March and ends the last Sunday in October. In the EU, all time zones change at the same moment.

The I read this:
  • Today, approximately 70 countries utilize Daylight Saving Time in at least a portion of the country. Japan and India are the only major industrialized countries that do not observe some form of daylight saving.
Not the tropics

• Equatorial and tropical countries (lower latitudes) generally do not observe Daylight Saving Time. Since the daylight hours are similar during every season, there is no advantage to moving clocks forward during the summer. China has had a single time zone since May 1, 1980, observing summer Daylight Saving Time from 1986 through 1991; they do not observe DST now.

southcitymom said:
I found a new loathing for daylight savings when I had kids.

Their sleep schedule that I can count on is one small way I am able to keep my sanity and the twice a year clock changes always screw things up one way or another. Tomorrow morning when they wake me up at 5 a.m. because their bodies and brains think it's 6 a.m., I will once again curse whoever came up with the idea.:boohoo: :banghead: :bang:
We changed our clocks last night too.
South, it drives you crazy when you have kids....now instead of wonderboy going to bed at 8, it will end up being 9.
Just makes the day longer when you have kids, its good after a while but takes a bit of getting used to at first.

narlacat said:
We changed our clocks last night too.
South, it drives you crazy when you have kids....now instead of wonderboy going to bed at 8, it will end up being 9.
Just makes the day longer when you have kids, its good after a while but takes a bit of getting used to at first.
Hey, not just for kids, me too!

I watch the tube until 12:35 a.m. and then it shuts itself off usually after watching either Leno or Letterman. :crazy:

At least I feel more rested in the mornings at this time of year than when we have to set our clocks up an hour in the Spring............hate that one :doh:

How funny you guys, am I ever glad I said something or I would have gone through all day tomorrow ahead of the times!~
BaaHaa Haa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :woohoo:

Scandi

scandi said:
How funny you guys, am I ever glad I said something or I would have gone through all day tomorrow ahead of the times!~
BaaHaa Haa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :woohoo:

Scandi
Sometimes being ahead of time is a good thing :dance:

Well tonight our forum is ahead of the time! Baa Haa Haa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Nobody set the time back an hour here. Are we suppose to do that individually?

Scandi

Tons showed up at chruch an hour early! LOL! Happens every year. I wouldn't have remembered either if it hadn't been on the threads to remind me.:p

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back