Identified! GA - Macon - Human Remains, Oct 2006 - EC Smith

all4tara

Former Member
Reaction score
If anyone is close to Macon, GA, please let us know what you can find out.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/top_story.aspx?storyid=31272

The Manager of Evergreen Estates in Macon found a human skull and human remains in a wooded area behind the trailer park Saturday. According to Captain David Davis with the Bibb County Sheriff's Office, they don't know who the remains belong to, but they are finding more body parts. Right now Davis says they believe all of the remains belong to the same person. Davis says these remains have probably been in the woods for a while. For more on this developing story stay tuned to 13WMAZ and 13wmaz.com.

How close is this from where Tara disappeared from? Is there speculation it is her? Any other news? Who else is reported missing from that area? Thanks

Don't know all the answers but it is 120 miles from Ocilla. I am holding my breath.

all4tara said:
If anyone is close to Macon, GA, please let us know what you can find out.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/top_story.aspx?storyid=31272

The Manager of Evergreen Estates in Macon found a human skull and human remains in a wooded area behind the trailer park Saturday. According to Captain David Davis with the Bibb County Sheriff's Office, they don't know who the remains belong to, but they are finding more body parts. Right now Davis says they believe all of the remains belong to the same person. Davis says these remains have probably been in the woods for a while. For more on this developing story stay tuned to 13WMAZ and 13wmaz.com.

Do you get a feelng about this? Is this close to Centerville? I know, I have to wait.

Thanks for posting.

This is frightening. As much as I want Tara found, I didn't want it to be like this.

This is a link to an article at macon.com. This article says "Judging by the condition of the remains already retrieved, Davis said it is likely the person died a few years ago". http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/15875082.htm

I live in Macon, and based on my knowledge of the area, I would expect it to be someone local. I really don't think this is Tara.

Any time a body is found, I get nervous. This is one of many since last year, and I don't know what to think. If Capt. Davis is correct, it should not be Tara.

all4tara said:
Any time a body is found, I get nervous. This is one of many since last year, and I don't know what to think. If Capt. Davis is correct, it should not be Tara.

Our hearts are in the same place.

There are two long-time missing girls in Macon. One is Sabrina Long from 1991; and the other is Teresa Dean from 1999.

I am totally with you guys, hoping and wishing daily for something to develop in the Tara case. I check daily for updates on her.

I wish there was word on any clothing or jewelry located near the remains. Anything. This bothered me all night long, as I'm sure it did many other people. I don't see an update on the web anywhere. I wonder if this is a secluded area without much foot traffic or if the remains were hidden in any manner. If the remains are several years old, someone should've seen them before now unless it's not a common area for people to be day to day.

On the fourth post from the top, the question was asked....how far is this from Centerville? I really don't know why they were asking.

on the map link that was posted, is that Houston rd in the image? I had family that lived right on Houston rd years ago (mostly g aunts, "mcLean")
i know that road but don't remember the trailer park. it's a long road too.
i imagine the remains have been spread about from animals. But i hope they think to ask the teens around there too. Teens playing in the woods could have messed around with the bones in what they thought was a cool, macabre game. i'd be asking teens for sure. it'll be important to find a witness that maybe saw the remains a while back and never reported it. Some Kids wouldn't have called police, they'd have probably just told more friends about the"cool stuff" in the woods. unfortunate, but i bet someone knew they were there before this mgr reported seeing them. well obviously the dumper would.
I'll be watching this one, since part of my heart is in Macon. i have such sweet memories of being with family there long ago before Macon became so crime fillled. It was a sleepy little southern town. in better days.
i pray for the family of this person, whomever. it may not be a woman either,
check for local boys missing too.
kk

Remains have been identified as Mr. EC Smith, an alzheimer patient who wandered off from the Houston Rd. area some time ago. Now his family can have closure. (Sorry my link didn't work)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back