1079 users online (232 members and 847 guests)  

Websleuths News

Teen's Pierced Breast Removed After Infection

http://www.wjactv.com/mostpopular/10190301/detail.html I cannot for the life of me figure out why peopel look at their breasts and think they would look better with earrings hanging from them.

That is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sisters
    http://www.wjactv.com/mostpopular/10190301/detail.html I cannot for the life of me figure out why peopel look at their breasts and think they would look better with earrings hanging from them.
    Years ago, I worked with a young man who not only had his nipples pierced, by his "manly tool" too... it's ridiculous to me to pierce body parts that have no business being pierced...

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

Poor girl......when I was that age you were considered a rebel if you had two piercings in one ear.

I just don't understand this story b/c she got them pierced on the 29th, developed and infection that was so far gone it was gangrenous. How does that happen? How can you ignore something like that for it to get so out of control, it could have been much worse for her than losing a breast.

I used to have my tongue pierced, but took the piercing out when I turned 30.

I still have no idea why I did it. Dumb. To pierce your nipples is just plain stupid.

There was once a thread (on the old Websleuths? I can't recall.) about piercings. Some of them made me cringe, just reading them. I don't even have my ears pierced. Guess I'm just ....where's that chicken icon?

Quote Originally Posted by Nocgirl

I still have no idea why I did it. Dumb. To pierce your nipples is just plain stupid.
    When you're young you do dumb things. We only see how dumb we were in 20/20 hindsight. Fortunately you lived through your young and dumb stage without permanent damage to your body. I did too. It's a shame this girl has scarred herself for life.

Angry

What's even dumber is that I read this girl is diabetic- therefore prone to infection! She and/or her mother were stupid for ever having allowed the piercing to take place! That and what she went through are far worse than losing a breast. This was a needless tragedy!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by Nocgirl

At 17 I got a tatoo on my left lower back (love handle area) which is a little streched out now and I got my belly button pierced in college. i regret both of them.

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sisters
    I just don't understand this story b/c she got them pierced on the 29th, developed and infection that was so far gone it was gangrenous. How does that happen? How can you ignore something like that for it to get so out of control, it could have been much worse for her than losing a breast.
    She may not have gotten the infection back in August. When I had my navel done I was fine for over 3 months - and then I got an infection. I'm thinking she was probably going along fine and got the infection very near to the time she went to the hospital. That infection (gas gangrene?) spreads very very rapidly! The article said the piercing didn't give her the infection - it left an entry point for an infection, which I'm thinking occurred in October.
    It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.