1110 users online (235 members and 875 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Reese Witherspoon and Husband Split

How sad.

Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillipe's rep has confirmed that the couple has split. TMZ reports the statement as saying:

"We are saddened to announce that Reese & Ryan have decided to formally separate. They remain committed to their family and we ask that you please respect their privacy and the safety of their children at this time."

This is poppin up all over the place.
    Jaybird

Holy Cow, now for some reason I am really surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    I'm not. I'm just surprised that it didn't happen sooner. I believe that they have been in marriage counseling and that Reese has done everything in her power to keep her marriage together.

I think that Ryan has always had difficulty with Reese being the more successful of the two. What a shame.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    You know, I guess by Hollywood standards, I'm surprised too. They are an awfully cute couple with adorable children. I was hoping they would make it.

That being said, I'm really not surprised when anyone breaks up anymore.

Here is a link to People Magazine http://people.aol.com/people/article...552282,00.html...

I agree with you Nan, I'm not surprised at all. Yes, they are a very cute looking couple with gorgeous children, but I've always gotten the feeling that theirs was not a very happy marriage. I applaud them though, for having had marriage counseling through the years. At least they didn't throw in the towel when the honeymoon wore off.

I was hoping these two would be able to make it ... I like Reese... It could very well be that Ryan doesn't like her success. Maybe she's away too much...

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

I read somewhere recently that he said something rude to her at a screening or something...I'll look for the link. I remember thinking at the time that he was a schmuck.

I found it:

http://cityrag.blogs.com/main/2006/10/reese_ryan.html

I am a huge fan of Reese's talent and hoped she and Ryan would pull through. However, I've heard on numerous occasions that her behind the scenes persona is MUCH different from her public one. She is rumored to have pulled major diva attitude especially after she won the Oscar, and from what friends have told me she acted like that in her marriage as well. Who knows what really happened, although I will say that I hate when people say a man can't handle a woman's success I am sure this is true in some circumstances, but always seems to be the reason given when a Hollywood marriage dissolves and the wife makes more money. That seems a bit stereotypical to me to assume the man's ego couldnt' handle it. Just like it bugs me when a Hollywood marriage ends and it is assumed to be the wife's fault b/c she didn't want a family to interfere with her career (see Jennifer Aniston). Maybe Reese became obsessed with success to the detriment of her marriage. Who knows. They both seem like good parents though so I hope they can remain civil for the sake of their children. I hope what I've heard about Reese isn't true though. She is one of my favorite actresses.

i thought they were such a stable couple. But his career didn't really take off while hers is really hot right now so maybe that caused some tension.

Class-z is offline Do Something, Lead, follow or get out of the way. :)
    I never really followed her private life, but saw her sometime back on Oraph and was very impressed with her... She's is so level headed.

I suspect hubby was cheating. I know that's mean, but gut just tells me that might be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterj
    ...I hate when people say a man can't handle a woman's success. I am sure this is true in some circumstances, but always seems to be the reason given when a Hollywood marriage dissolves and the wife makes more money. That seems a bit stereotypical to me to assume the man's ego couldnt' handle it...
    The reason that I stated it in my post is I believe that I read years ago that was the reason that they were going to a marriage counselor.

In any case, it is not only Hollywood marriages that break up because a man cannot handle a woman's success. Unfortunately, it happens quite a bit because of some men's fragile egos, I assume...

My husband would love for me to make more money than he. In fact, he would love it if I would work and let him stay at home and do nothing. His ego is definitely not fragile as it relates to this issue!

I always felt like they got married WAY too young to make a go of it - especially in Hollywood. My prayers to their family.

Word on the streets is that he has been cheating on her down in Texas where he is shooting a new movie.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom
    ...Word on the streets is that he has been cheating on her down in Texas where he is shooting a new movie.
    If this is true, I hope that it was worth it to him...

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    If this is true, I hope that it was worth it to him...
    If it's true, he and Reese were probably over long before it happened and it was just the nail in the coffin so to speak.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast