Someone, Somewhere knows

SallyLu

Reaction score
Do you think that either JR or PR ever told anyone the truth?

Do you think anyone ever slipped up and mentioned something? Do you think anyone ever overheard anything?

I know PR said a strange thing to Pam right at the begining of this saga but surely an odd word, a shared confidence has happened in the past ten years.

Do you think family members know the truth?

If they do, I highly doubt it was a confession from either, perhaps a little something slipped, tho and if it did, my guess it would have been from Patsy - not John.

You know what they say...The only way for 2 people to keep a secret, is if one of them is dead.

A part of John Ramsey must be relieved that Patsy is gone.

I highly doubt that they ever confessed to anyone except God. I have always felt that Patsy begged for God's forgiveness and asked for his protection against the "cruel people" here on earth who wouldn't be as considerate of her choices. I think she thought that He is the only one who would understand that it started out a tragic accident and that she only did what she had to do (staging) to protect herself and her family because God knows she didn't mean for it to happen. Remember Psalm 57 that was read at JonBenet's funeral that begs for protection from the enemy? Very telling in my opinion!

I think there are a lot of people close to them that "know" but just can't bring themselves to believe it because they love her/them and actually feel sorry for them instead of holding them accountable. It may be impossible for them to change their original assumption of innocence and frankly they just don't want to believe it. If Patsy had confessed on her deathbed (which is highly improbable) I think they STILL wouldn't believe it or tell it to the world because that would make them WRONG. Who wants to be wrong or "lose"? You see this illustrated in the tacky way people act during football season, let alone a murder committed by their friend/relative they have fought for and supported for ten years! Heck, when friends started calling me and telling me to turn on the TV when JMK confessed I felt a twinge of embarrassment that I have been so adamant about the Ramsey's guilt all these years.

I am just rambling here but I often think about how the situation really was and what the Ramsey's have tried to make us believe over the years. Maybe Patsy hated and resented living in Boulder, CO and the more successful John's business success was celebrated during that year the longer Patsy realized that she was stuck there and away from her social circle back in Atlanta where she wanted to head back with her new millions. The Christmas season could have compounded those feelings. Despite all of her decorating and volunteering it was glaring at her that she was not "home". She seemed to throw herself into so many many activities and spent a ton of money but she still could easily have been bored and miserable inside. We will never know because they always held up their "image". Unfortunately for them, that self preservation after JonBenet's murder aided in making them unbelievable with their story and some of the most unpopular people on earth. At times when I have attempted to see their side of things I am reminded of interviews like the one where she is wearing the green checked blazer and she just seemed liked such a smart alec.

I don't know any more than most about the real Ramsey's. I know people that remind me of them and one in particular that reminds me so very much of Patsy. If it weren't so sad it would be comical. When you take away the TV crews and glamour you see a much different and more likely picture.

santos1014 said:
You know what they say...The only way for 2 people to keep a secret, is if one of them is dead.

A part of John Ramsey must be relieved that Patsy is gone.
I don't think either John or Patsy ever confessed to anyone. And I believe their families knew better than to ask them what exactly had transpired on that fatal night. Families of suspects often consciously choose not to dig deeper into the matter, for reasons of self-protection.
But there were quite a few slip-ups on the Ramseys' part. One by Patsy where she said (I'm paraphrasing) that there exist at least two people in the world who know what happened to JonBenet: the killer and one person the killer may have confided in. This almost comes close to a confession imo. As if she was referring to herself and John. Chilling.

And didn't the Ramseys say that the killer should be forgiven? I don't remember exactly where I read this, but it seems they asked for forgiveness for the killer.

John also asked the question that suppose they had done it, if the church they belonged to would still accept them.

I just keep flashing back to Patsy's face and reaction when an interviewer asked her if JB killer should get the death penalty. She could barely speak.Looked like she was going to break down. That is very telling to me.

SallyLu said:

Do you think anyone ever slipped up and mentioned something? Do you think anyone ever overheard anything?

I know PR said a strange thing to Pam right at the begining of this saga but surely an odd word, a shared confidence has happened in the past ten years.

Yes I think maybe that Patsy did. Patsy to the lady who made some of Jon Benets outfits. Griffin was the last name I want to say Pam Griffin, I am running off memory here. Forgive me if I am getting the first name wrong but she said to her...you can fix this for us can't you? We didn't mean for this to happen. Granted Patsy was in a very drugged with sedatives at the time over at the Fernies before they left to go to Atlanta. She said this just before going out to sleep again. It was told of in PMPT.

Patsy also told Pam Griffin that she wrote the practice note, but said it was supposed to be an invitation.

Nuisanceposter said:
Patsy also told Pam Griffin that she wrote the practice note, but said it was supposed to be an invitation.
Yes she did NP. Is this not incredulous that they got away with this. Every single time, every time, John Ramsey is asked why he hired attorneys so quickly, he always says "it was not just attorneys, we were assembling the best detectives in the country". And NOT ONE INTERVIEWER pressed on. Not one. :confused:

SallyLu said:

Nope.

I don't know if any family members know...but Burke would have to...surely he has worked it out for himself over the years.

rashomon said:
And didn't the Ramseys say that the killer should be forgiven? I don't remember exactly where I read this, but it seems they asked for forgiveness for the killer.

John also asked the question that suppose they had done it, if the church they belonged to would still accept them.

I believe it was JAR who was asked what should be done to the killer, when he answered, " Forgiveness? " That has been harped on so much, it almost sounds like someone's "preaching" that anything goes and has to be forgiven.

Not so. There will be that day of reckoning for everything, especially willful, when someone knows what they're doing is wrong , has heard wrong that everything's forgiven.

If the whole group of "friends" were involved, maybe they all thought that?

Solace said:
Yes she did NP. Is this not incredulous that they got away with this. Every single time, every time, John Ramsey is asked why he hired attorneys so quickly, he always says "it was not just attorneys, we were assembling the best detectives in the country". And NOT ONE INTERVIEWER pressed on. Not one. :confused:
I think I read they had to agree to certain rules in advance to get the interviews.

SallyLu said:

Just the fact she slipped with her handwriting (like the 'and hence') seems she was being a bit careless.Not sure she would have flat out confessed,but I bet other ppl around her caught on to some of her lies and were probably suspicious if not certain of her guilt.

And let's not forget the pineapple wallpaper Patsy picked out for her Atlanta home.
What the?

narlacat said:
And let's not forget the pineapple wallpaper Patsy picked out for her Atlanta home.
What the?
I didn't know that.Was it before or after JB's death?

Solace said:

Don't forget the public relations consultant.

rashomon said:

Can you source that so I may read it? Thanks.

narlacat said:
What the?
eeekkkkkk..that is weird !! ..and after her death at that ! I have a difficult time believing she had post-traumatic stress disorder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back