1268 users online (216 members and 1052 guests)  

Websleuths News

VT - Student jabs classmates with hypodermic needle

Needle Assault at High School

St. Albans, Vermont - October 30, 2006

Ava Staples walked down the hallway at BFA St. Albans between second and third periods when the junior felt a prick in her arm.

"He just walked up and stabbed me with a needle and said you now have Hepatitis," said Staples.

List of Potential Victims Grows in St. Albans

[URL=http://www.samessenger.com/103106.html]Police cite student in needle assault incidents

Still another creep! Perhaps I should go read a different part of WS. This is so upsetting.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows
    Needle Assault at High School

St. Albans, Vermont - October 30, 2006

Ava Staples walked down the hallway at BFA St. Albans between second and third periods when the junior felt a prick in her arm.

"He just walked up and stabbed me with a needle and said you now have Hepatitis," said Staples.

List of Potential Victims Grows in St. Albans

[URL=http://www.samessenger.com/103106.html]Police cite student in needle assault incidents
    WTH!!!!!

Exclamation

Had someone done that to me, the school janitor would be cleaning the asshat off the floor with sponges! It'd be a decent case of self defense or justifiable provocation too! WTH is WRONG with the teen?! He *knew* it could give Hepatitis by the very words he said as he did the deeds, WHY would he then go and do such a thing?!! I am not sure if jail is the answer with this person, but I don't know that he can be taught better at this point in his life either. Serious impulse control issues at the least IMO.

Is the person mentally disabled, (low intelligence) mentally ill, or disturbed? That *might* mitigate things, though if that is the case he should not be let out in society anymore. The fact that he is being tried as an adult though, seems to belie that idea.

this is probably a kid who couldn't get a hold of a gun,, so he found an old hypodermic needle on the ground and decided to use that to use that as a weapon. i doubt it really has hepatitis in it... but not that it matters!!

Quote Originally Posted by KatK
    Had someone done that to me, the school janitor would be cleaning the asshat off the floor with sponges! It'd be a decent case of self defense or justifiable provocation too! WTH is WRONG with the teen?! He *knew* it could give Hepatitis by the very words he said as he did the deeds, WHY would he then go and do such a thing?!! I am not sure if jail is the answer with this person, but I don't know that he can be taught better at this point in his life either. Serious impulse control issues at the least IMO.

Is the person mentally disabled, (low intelligence) mentally ill, or disturbed? That *might* mitigate things, though if that is the case he should not be let out in society anymore. The fact that he is being tried as an adult though, seems to belie that idea.
    Agreed.

Impulse issues to be certain and I am definitely with you in wondering about his mental capacity or even wondering what may have been going on in his life that may have caused him to do such a thing. Prayers for these kids that they are all okay and that their blood tests come back clean.