FL - Agla Vincent for child endangerment, Jacksonville, 2006

ajc2804

Reaction score
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Authorities allege a woman duct-taped her 3-year-old and 4-year-old sons together and left them alone while she went to work.

Agla Vincent, 25, was charged with child abuse after a seven-month investigation.

Police said the incident took place while the family was living on base at the Naval Air Station-Jacksonville in March.

http://www.wjactv.com/mostpopular/10205845/detail.html

"denied leaving her sons home alone." What is she saying she left them in the care of someone else and they did this to them?

It's so sad. No telling what other abuse these little boys suffered. Isn't there some type of program for military families as far as child care?

I wonder if she thought they'd be safe if they were unable to get into anything and run around.

I know when my daughter was tiny, I was so scared she'd get up in the night and hurt herself that I sewed velcro onto the sheets and onto her pj's. I never left her alone - but was worried I wouldn't wake up when she did.

Never thought of duct tape until she was a teenager though...

(Those of you with no discernable sense of humor, PLEASE don't take that seriously.)

The mother should loose custody of her children...then she should be shot. What a moron. :furious:

philamena said:
The mother should loose custody of her children...then she should be shot. What a moron. :furious:

That's an understatement.........:furious:

philamena said:
There seems to be way too many morons of late. :doh:

Unfortunatley the legal standard of being a parent is very low. She should permanently lose custody of the kids but the family courts and social services are so screwed up I would not be surprised if they wound up back in their care.

A woman I work with is fostering a 15 month old and a 4 month old from the same mother who has already had 3 kids taken away from her and the state is actually considering letting the mom have unsupervised visits.

Lili said:
There seems to be way too many morons of late. :doh:
AMEN TO THAT!!!! TOO MANY MORONS WHO SHOULDN'T HAVE KIDS!!!!

Nocgirl said:
Unfortunatley the legal standard of being a parent is very low. She should permanently lose custody of the kids but the family courts and social services are so screwed up I would not be surprised if they wound up back in their care.

A woman I work with is fostering a 15 month old and a 4 month old from the same mother who has already had 3 kids taken away from her and the state is actually considering letting the mom have unsupervised visits.

If they allow unsupervised visits and the mother hurts them in any way, the ones who recommended it should be held accountable along with the mother.

I agree. Case workers should be held accountable for idiodic decisions that affect the childs well being. They should face civil and criminal consequences.

We had a big case out here in AZ last year where 2 CPS workers were actually held accountable in a civil suit against CPS where 1 little girl was killed, and her sister severely beaten. This is the first in AZ where case workers were being held personally responsible for part of the judgement by the kids natural father. The boyfriend was found guilty and was given the death penalty. Mom's trial is coming up and she knew her boyfriend was abusing the girls but left him to babysit anyways.

The case workers have sufficient evidence that the girls should have been removed from the home, but didn't. Now 1 is dead. That was a very sad case.

Lianna Sandoval, RIP.

SewingDeb said:
If they allow unsupervised visits and the mother hurts them in any way, the ones who recommended it should be held accountable along with the mother.
Unfortunately, what will happen is that many people will not want to go into that type of job, making it even more understaffed than it is.

Who is to say anyone's judgement on whether or not someone will hurt a child is accurate? We are fooled by people all of the time.

We have the same things as you guys in the civilian world as far as child care. We have child care facilites on the base and FCC homes (family child care) Alot of families opt to put their children in day cares off base because alot of times its cheaper. You get what you pay for is what I have to say to that. On the base the higher rank you are in the military the more you are going to pay where as in civilian day care centers I guess its a flat rate? I wouldnt know as I never put any of my children in daycare ever. I just hear things......

lizzybeth said:
"denied leaving her sons home alone." What is she saying she left them in the care of someone else and they did this to them?

It's so sad. No telling what other abuse these little boys suffered. Isn't there some type of program for military families as far as child care?

On 8/30/2007, Agla Nadia Vincent was sentenced to 3 years supervised probation.

I wonder if she thought they'd be safe if they were unable to get into anything and run around.

I know when my daughter was tiny, I was so scared she'd get up in the night and hurt herself that I sewed velcro onto the sheets and onto her pj's. I never left her alone - but was worried I wouldn't wake up when she did.

Never thought of duct tape until she was a teenager though...

(Those of you with no discernable sense of humor, PLEASE don't take that seriously.)

:waitasec:

wonderful. bet they gave her the kids back too.

We have the same things as you guys in the civilian world as far as child care. We have child care facilites on the base and FCC homes (family child care) Alot of families opt to put their children in day cares off base because alot of times its cheaper. You get what you pay for is what I have to say to that. On the base the higher rank you are in the military the more you are going to pay where as in civilian day care centers I guess its a flat rate? I wouldnt know as I never put any of my children in daycare ever. I just hear things......

You are correct(I was an Army wife ).
On base child care is income based so they look at BOTH incomes and you will find yourself paying double or triple what you would pay off base at a similar type facility (I have NEVER used home childcare) which is a flat weekly rate.
I knew very few people who used on post child care as it was just too expensive......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back