1039 users online (203 members and 836 guests)  

Websleuths News

NV - 7-Year-Old Drove For Drunken Dad

RENO, Nev. -- A Reno police officer who saw a sport utility vehicle weaving in a travel lane, driving slowly and stopping for no reason wasn't prepared for what he found when he pulled the vehicle over.

The driver was 7 years old and, according to the police report, the dad was in the passenger seat, drunk.

The officer said Alfredo Martinez, 37, said he was teaching the boy how to drive because he was too drunk to do so.

Martinez was booked on one felony count of child endangerment and is being held under $3,500 bail.

The boy was taken home to his mother.
    http://www.wjactv.com/mostpopular/10206019/detail.html

You know it's sad to say but this happens more than you know. I have a friend who's divorced and the ex is an alcoholic. The courts forces her to allow her son to stay with the dad and new wife every other weekend. She was horrified when her son told her that her ex had thrown him the keys one night after having dinner and quite a few drinks and told him to drive home. He's only eleven. Luckily he felt comfortable enough to stand up to his dad and told him no.

Meet Alfredo:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1031062reno1.html

Wonder if he's divorced/separated from the boy's mother . . .

One of my best friends all through scool had an alcoholic Mom. She routinely drove because of this from the time she was 8 years old.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom
    One of my best friends all through scool had an alcoholic Mom. She routinely drove because of this from the time she was 8 years old.
    that is so sad for your friend.

It is also sad that this little 7 year old had to drive for the drunken father. What a sad, sad world
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

HOLY MOLY! I have a 7 year old son. I cannot even imagine him DRIVING!?! What is wrong with people? If that poor child had gotten into an accident and hurt someone else, himself, OR his dad .... can you even fathom the guilt he would feel for the rest of his life??????? INCREDIBLE....

This story is beyond shocking. When I thought id seen it all. Too drunk to drive and making a 7 year old take on the responsibility well beyond his years.What a loser.