1151 users online (241 members and 910 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NJ - North Wildwood, Male Skull UP1452, 18-38, on beach, Oct'06

NORTH WILDWOOD, N.J. -- Authorities investigating the discovery of a human skull on a New Jersey beach plan to try to connect the remains with missing-persons cases.

Britt Wetzel was planning to go fishing Monday when he spotted the bones on a sandbar exposed by an unusually low tide at North Wildwood.

"I've never seen a human skull outside of biology class," Wetzel told The Press of Atlantic City for Tuesday's newspapers. "But when I looked closer and saw it wasn't plastic or resin, I realized it was real."

http://cbs3.com/newjerseywire/NJ--Sk...rces_news_html

One of the individuals that found the skull indicated there were 2 missing teeth and a hole on the side of the skull ( above the ear area), Authorites later indicated that the skull belonged to an adult female.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-08-2013 at 09:56 PM.

I wonder if the 2 missing teeth fell out as the body decomposed in the water or when the person was living. Also, what caused the large hole, gun shot or something else.

my first thought is of danielle imbo.... well, i guess it could be her or about a million others...

For some reason, my first thought was of Anne Marie Fahey. I hope this is able to bring peace to some family out there.

I dont think they have determined if the damage was caused pre or post mortem. It could be the result of the wave action...

I thought of Danielle Imbo .. but now that you mention Anne Marie Fahey.. that is a likely possibility especially since it was detemrined that her remains were hidden at sea off the coast of NJ.. wouldn't that be great for her family to have at least some closure there and it would definately prove that that creep who murdered her ( Tom Capano) is full of BS and derail hsi attempt to gain a new trial...

Unhappy

The tide could of bought it in from any where.
    Hope they/we can find out who it belonged to.....

Quote Originally Posted by SisterMadly
    For some reason, my first thought was of Anne Marie Fahey. I hope this is able to bring peace to some family out there.
    Wow, I thought the same thing, SisterMadly! It's been so long ~ but who knows? I hope they are able to identify this woman.

Post Not Anne Marie Fahey

This is an adult male, about 18-40 years old. Not listed in Doe Network (there were no cases from NJ after 1999 there) but he has an entry in Namus.
    https://identifyus.org/cases/1452
    Dentals are available for the upper jaw. He had lost two teeth postmortem, the others were present and had no fillings.

His DNA page comments:
    Profiles from both cases above match each other; NCIC# for case 07-5468 is U170021383

I don't understand what it means. Has his DNA been matched to another UID somewhere? Or the rest of his own body parts?

This page has a quote saying all the Cape May missing person cases have been ruled out:
    Officials can't link skull to Cape cases
    By TRUDI GILFILLIAN Staff Writer, (609) 463-6716
    Published: Tuesday, November 21, 2006
    CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE — The appearance in October of a human skull on a local beach was much more than a curiosity for the families of missing men like Sherman Springfield and William H. Gerald.
    Each news report of the unidentified skull offered some glimmer of hope that they might finally have the answers that have eluded them for so long.

But investigators have determined the skull did not belong to either man or any of the known missing persons cases in Cape May County.
    http://s10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t15392.htm

It certainly sounds like they found other body parts that belong to the same individual.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

The Namus page for the other discovery:
    https://identifyus.org/cases/1761

These remains were found November 22, 2007, also in Cape May county.

Ruled out:
    Gary Dover 1950 Texas
    Ryan Esparza 1990 Texas

Question NJ - North Wildwood - Male (NamUs #1452), 18-38, Oct 2006

I can't find the bit about a hole in the skull, but this missing person is certainly a possibility. Gregory Snyder, about 29 years old in 2000, was last seen in Ocean City, Maryland, just south of the Delaware border with both an ocean kayak and a 9 mm handgun.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5177/15/

Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    I can't find the bit about a hole in the skull, but this missing person is certainly a possibility. Gregory Snyder, about 29 years old in 2000, was last seen in Ocean City, Maryland, just south of the Delaware border with both an ocean kayak and a 9 mm handgun.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5177/15/
    Sounds like a good possibility considering how little there is to go on.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast