View Poll Results: What is your favorite color?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red

6 27.27%
  • Green

3 13.64%
  • Blue

3 13.64%
  • Yellow

1 4.55%
  • Orange

0 0%
  • Purple

7 31.82%
  • Other

2 9.09%

Thread: Example of a poll that is not anonymous

Hybrid View

About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA

Example of a poll that is not anonymous

I used to worry that my poll answers would be public knowledge until I created my first poll. In order to get as many answers as possible on our polls by assuring you that your answers are anonymous, I'm creating a sample poll here so that you can see what the public poll looks like and how it works.

Notice that the number in the votes column is underlined - when you click it, it will bring you to the results page with names of other members and how they've voted. If you are in an anonymous poll, that number will not be underlined as it will contain no link to a results page.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

Jersey, you're on fire today! LOL. I did not know the polls worked like this. Good information. Thank You!
    "It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~~ JA

No problem, LL&S. I just wanted people to see that their names are not attached to their answers except in the public polls.

ETA: By the way, did it give you a warning when you answered that your name would be public in this particular poll?

Mahatma Gandhi

It sure did!
    "It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~~ JA

Thanks so much - good to know!

So when you are answering in a public poll, it will warn you before registering your answer that the answers will be public. If there is no warning then you will know that it is a private poll.

And as mentioned earlier, just look at the numbers - if they're not underlined, then it's private. So now everyone - feel free to answer the polls honestly - no other registered users will know what you've answered or even that you have answered at all.

ETA: This is how the polls work as far as I can tell. If I'm incorrect, please feel free to correct me.

Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...hlight=orlando

Thats the link for the public poll for the WS Party in Orlando. If you click on the underlined number it will show who voted what. Thats how we know whose wanting to go to Orlando to the party. I make every poll i put up private unless I state its public. Especially with some of things I run polls on.