Example of a poll that is not anonymous

What is your favorite color?

• Total voters

OriginalJerseyGirl

CERTIFIED FLYERS FANATIC!
Reaction score
I used to worry that my poll answers would be public knowledge until I created my first poll. In order to get as many answers as possible on our polls by assuring you that your answers are anonymous, I'm creating a sample poll here so that you can see what the public poll looks like and how it works.

Notice that the number in the votes column is underlined - when you click it, it will bring you to the results page with names of other members and how they've voted. If you are in an anonymous poll, that number will not be underlined as it will contain no link to a results page.

Jersey, you're on fire today! LOL. I did not know the polls worked like this. Good information. Thank You!

No problem, LL&S. I just wanted people to see that their names are not attached to their answers except in the public polls.

ETA: By the way, did it give you a warning when you answered that your name would be public in this particular poll?

Thanks so much - good to know!

So when you are answering in a public poll, it will warn you before registering your answer that the answers will be public. If there is no warning then you will know that it is a private poll.

And as mentioned earlier, just look at the numbers - if they're not underlined, then it's private. So now everyone - feel free to answer the polls honestly - no other registered users will know what you've answered or even that you have answered at all.

ETA: This is how the polls work as far as I can tell. If I'm incorrect, please feel free to correct me. :)

Beyond Belief said:
I make every poll i put up private unless I state its public. Especially with some of things I run polls on.:dance:
I also do that because the last thing I want is for people to be apprehensive about voting, thinking that everyone will know their choices.

Thanks for helping to explain this, BB. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back