Love says Gibson helped her get sober....

Only4Justice

Reaction score
http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=240073&GT1=7702

COURTNEY LOVE in the news again, WHY I will never know !!!

Love, the former leader of the band Hole and widow of Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain, said Gibson had showed up at a Beverly Hills, Calif., hotel room while she was doing drugs with several men.

"Mel kept coming to the door with this cheesy grin going, `Hi!'" Love said in an interview with Diane Sawyer that aired Tuesday on ABC's "Good Morning America."

"I just kept looking at him going — I can't cuss — um, `Blank off!' ... I know him and he's a nice guy. It didn't matter who it was. It could have been Jesus. I didn't care," the 42-year-old rocker-actress said.

Love said Gibson, accompanied by addiction counselor Warren Boyd, left with the men "to have a cheeseburger" while Boyd talked to her about seeking treatment.

and....

She also said her 14-year-old daughter, Frances Bean Cobain, is "fantastic" and doing well in school. "She didn't see me on drugs very often — once or twice, maximum," she told Sawyer. (more at link....)

I just read this article, hope it hasn't already been posted :blushing:

I just found it interesting and wanted to share it with my WS friends!

I think the part about her daughter only seeing her on drugs once or twice is HILARIOUS! :eek: Sure, Courtney, I believe that !!!

The above is only my OPINION and I AM ENTITLED to have one! :)

The whole world has seen her on drugs more than once or twice!

Becba said:
The whole world has seen her on drugs more than once or twice!
LOL, For real. I am sorry but I do NOT think highly of her.

Well, I'm glad she has sobered up and that she's near to finishing the album, Letter from God/How Dirty Girls Get Clean. The fact that Linda Perry is back as collaborator says a lot. Courtney Love is obviously talented, especially as a song-writer/lyricist. All the stuff in the news is just to get the pr/hype machine back in gear... 2007 is going to be make or break for Courtney Love.

Jacobi said:
Well, I'm glad she has sobered up and that she's near to finishing the album, Letter from God/How Dirty Girls Get Clean. The fact that Linda Perry is back as collaborator says a lot. Courtney Love is obviously talented, especially as a song-writer/lyricist. All the stuff in the news is just to get the pr/hype machine back in gear... 2007 is going to be make or break for Courtney Love.
The only time I ever seen Courtney Love showing any talent IMO was when she played the Junkie in "The People VS Larry Flint", she was good in that. JMO

Jacobi said:

You think she's talented? I can't really judge since I haven't really heard her music.... :confused:

However, I have always thought her major claim to fame was being married to Kurt Cobain, who (I assume) left her rolling in dough $$$$.....I remember reading about his death and how the authorities/family couldn't find Courtney and ended up finding her somewhere holed up all high on heroin :loser:

I will listen to her music someday maybe to see if she really is worth all the "hype"......

The above is only MY opinion and I AM entitled to have one!

Only4Justice said:
You think she's talented? I can't really judge since I haven't really heard her music.... :confused:

However, I have always thought her major claim to fame was being married to Kurt Cobain, who (I assume) left her rolling in dough $$$$.....I remember reading about his death and how the authorities/family couldn't find Courtney and ended up finding her somewhere holed up all high on heroin :loser:

I will listen to her music someday maybe to see if she really is worth all the "hype"......

The above is only MY opinion and I AM entitled to have one!
I have always been fascinated in the "Conspiracy Theory" surrounding Courtney and Kurts Death. I am not saying its true, Just interesting. I dont like her Music. I think when I was 20 she had one song that I thought was "ok".

michelle said:
The only time I ever seen Courtney Love showing any talent IMO was when she played the Junkie in "The People VS Larry Flint", she was good in that. JMO

It wasn't really acting in that movie, just being herself IMO.

michelle said:
I have always been fascinated in the "Conspiracy Theory" surrounding Courtney and Kurts Death. I am not saying its true, Just interesting. I dont like her Music. I think when I was 20 she had one song that I thought was "ok".

HI Michelle!!! :) I've enjoyed your posts so very much on other threads...... :blowkiss:

Anyway, what conspiracy? I don't remember ever hearing about that!! I would love to read about it if you know where..... :D

I thought he was just a druggie like Courtney who blew his brains out for no good reason. I always thought it was sad that he left a baby daughter.....and from all accounts, he was very talented, but tormented....(think Jim Morrison, Janice Joplin...to name a few). That was what I always thought, anyway.

The above is ONLY MY OPINION and I AM entitled to have one!

michelle said:
I have always been fascinated in the "Conspiracy Theory" surrounding Courtney and Kurts Death. I am not saying its true, Just interesting.

Me too Michelle. Have you ever read on www.justiceforkurt.com? Very interesting. Not saying that I buy it 100% but it does make for good reading and raises several questions.

Only4Justice said:
HI Michelle!!! :) I've enjoyed your posts so very much on other threads...... :blowkiss:

Anyway, what conspiracy? I don't remember ever hearing about that!! I would love to read about it if you know where..... :D

I thought he was just a druggie like Courtney who blew his brains out for no good reason. I always thought it was sad that he left a baby daughter.....and from all accounts, he was very talented, but tormented....(think Jim Morrison, Janice Joplin...to name a few). That was what I always thought, anyway.

Hi Only4Justice! I love your name!!!

I am not saying that the "Conspiracy" is true but it is very interesting to read. Here is a link.... http://cobaincase.com/ True or not, nothing surprises me now days. I watched a video on it and Courtneys own father did not talk too highly of her and I think maybe he suspects something too. Kurt did do drugs and everyone pretty much knew it. But either way I think many suspect he was murdered.

Code:
shopper said:
It wasn't really acting in that movie, just being herself IMO.
Hi Shopper, LOL......You are right, she wasn't acting....:D

shopper said:
Me too Michelle. Have you ever read on www.justiceforkurt.com? Very interesting. Not saying that I buy it 100% but it does make for good reading and raises several questions.
I am going to check it out. I really dont need anything else to read now but I get hooked easy. I will be researching this for the next year, lol....

Only4Justice said:

Allegedly, Kurt had gotten clean and was looking forward to the future w/out Courtney. NO ONE, other than Courtney, believed he was suicidal. He had always had a dark streak, but even Courtney said that Kurt wasn't as turned off by fame as he pretended to be. Maybe he wasn't into being a sellout, but he didn't mind the perks either.

Allegedly, Courtney had a LOT to lose if they divorced as there was a pre-nup but as his widow she could get everything.

JMO

Only4Justice said:
I think she wasted a lot of her talent through drugs and drink to the point where she could barely remember the chords to her own songs. When she's clear of mind, I think she has a certain je ne sais quoi.

And the sky was made of amethyst
and all the stars look just like little fish
you should learn when to go
you should learn how to say no

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_CNsuFl6pc

The music may not be to your taste but the lyrics are quite wonderful.

Her album, Live Through This is regarded as one of the best female rock albums of all time by many critics (rolling stones top 500). Anything post-Live Through This pales in comparison.

Jacobi said:
I think she wasted a lot of her talent through drugs and drink to the point where she could barely remember the chords to her own songs. When she's clear of mind, I think she has a certain je ne sais quoi.

And the sky was made of amethyst
and all the stars look just like little fish
you should learn when to go
you should learn how to say no

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_CNsuFl6pc

The music may not be to your taste but the lyrics are quite wonderful.

Her album, Live Through This is regarded as one of the best female rock albums of all time by many critics (rolling stones top 500). Anything post-Live Through This pales in comparison.

Wasn't "Live Through This" released right after Kurt's death? If that's the one, I've heard that the reason it's the best of her albums is because Kurt contributed heavily on that album.

JMO

shopper said:
Wasn't "Live Through This" released right after Kurt's death? If that's the one, I've heard that the reason it's the best of her albums is because Kurt contributed heavily on that album.

JMO
Yeah, there is that rumour because of the timing, the work's quality, and the mystery surrounding a non-album track credited to Hole but that was written by Cobain. He was undoubtedly an influence on the album - he even offers his backing vocals on some of the tracks. But the composition and writing is a logical progression from Courtney's earlier work, so, who knows... The fact that people even think it is a testament to the album's power.

Anyone remember Courtneys classy moment where she threw a drink or something at Madonna at an award show while Madonna was being interviewed? Madonnas face was priceless. I remember telling DH that I bet Madonna would kick her a$$ if she got ahold of her, lol...

michelle said:
Anyone remember Courtneys classy moment where she threw a drink or something at Madonna at an award show while Madonna was being interviewed? Madonnas face was priceless. I remember telling DH that I bet Madonna would kick her a$$ if she got ahold of her, lol...
She threw makeup at her - a tube of lipstick. And then she went up and interrupted Madonna's interview, babbling incoherently the whole time, and then she laughed so hard fell over and stuck her legs up in the air like the Wicked Witch of the West! Classic Courtney....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back