953 users online (140 members and 813 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

NJ - Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, 29, Warren, 10 Oct 2006

http://www.c-n.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...0303/-1/NEWS06

This was covered on Nancy Grace tonight - she supposedly left a baby at home - husband came home & found wife (and Mother of 3) gone and baby left alone

I'm watching this now. The husband says close to $10,000 cash from a business transaction and a duffle bag is missing. The car and cell phone was left at home.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../01/ng.01.html

Nancy Grace Transcript November 1, 2006

I feel they should really be looking at the husband. Seeing as she told her own father she was contemplating divorce, someone in my opinion , planning on leaving doesnt talk about the future in terms of divorce. something about this case doesnt sit well with me in terms of the hubby.

I think that her father said that she also had knee braces on. To me that would preclude her just "walking away". If she really had the money as her husband says, that would mean that someone picked her up and she left, presumably to start a new life somewhere, or her husband needs to be looked at harder. I know that everyone reacts differently but waiting 2 days to report a potentially suicidal person missing doesn't sit well with me. I could perhaps see that he might have been embarrassed at first to want to admit to anyone that she left, but in my mind once she was gone overnight with no contact with anyone I can't imagine waiting another day after that to report her missing.

I hope it does turn out to be an overstressed mom who just snapped and left. That would be the best case scenario for everyone.

Question

Not that it matters or is relevant, but I wonder why she has such a different birth name, as noted in one article.

She also may have a black military-style jacket and a black duffle bag with additional clothing, and may possess identification containing her birth name, Sherwood Halley.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    I wonder why they had that kind of cash laying around? I think the husband said it was payment for legitimate work (or something along those lines), but why not put it in the bank?? I can see a few hundred dollars in a sock drawer or something, but thousands???? That seems odd to me. Of course, that is assuming it's true.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGirlsMom
    Not that it matters or is relevant, but I wonder why she has such a different birth name, as noted in one article.

She also may have a black military-style jacket and a black duffle bag with additional clothing, and may possess identification containing her birth name, Sherwood Halley.
    She could have been adopted.

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    That was my first thought, too.

This article says that she was adopted...

http://www.c-n.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...0307/-1/NEWS06

She's a hero- Firefighter and Army.

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    WOW--I must be a real idiot! Adoption didn't even cross my mind--and it's the most obvious answer! Sorry for the stupid question--TGIF.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

WOW--I must be a real idiot! Adoption didn't even cross my mind--and it's the most obvious answer! Sorry for the stupid question--TGIF.
    It's not a stupid question at all. My husband was an adopted child so it's pretty easy for me to come to that conclusion. That just sounds off, like I've adopted myself a husband

Quote Originally Posted by audrey77
    This article says that she was adopted...

http://www.c-n.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...0307/-1/NEWS06

She's a hero- Firefighter and Army.
    Thanks audrey. That answers the other identity thing.

Not a stupid question at all. We adopted our youngest and he was given a whole new SSN and we kept his first and middle name and changed his last name to ours. That's why I thought of that so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock
    I wonder why they had that kind of cash laying around? I think the husband said it was payment for legitimate work (or something along those lines), but why not put it in the bank?? I can see a few hundred dollars in a sock drawer or something, but thousands???? That seems odd to me. Of course, that is assuming it's true.
    I am probably way off base, but it makes me think of drug dealing.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast