CA - Lois Petrie, 43, found strangled, San Pedro, 26 Dec 1972

kwatson696

Proud Mom
Reaction score
LOS ANGELES: An 80-year-old man on trial for murdering a woman more than 30 years ago confessed to a relative that he killed three other women in California, a prosecutor said.

Deputy District Attorney Lowell Anger told jurors during his opening statement Wednesday Adolph Laudenberg strangled 43-year-old Lois Petrie in 1972 and escaped arrest for decades until DNA evidence linked him to her death

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/11/02/america/NA_GEN_US_California_Old_Murders.php

An 80-year-old man convicted of murdering a woman more than three decades ago was sentenced Tuesday to life in prison with the possibility of parole.

Adolph Laudenberg remained defiant as he sat on a propped-up gurney in court.

"I am not guilty," he told Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Anita H. Dymant.

Laudenberg was convicted in November of killing 43-year-old Lois Petrie in her San Pedro home in 1972. He escaped arrest for decades until DNA evidence linked him to the slaying.

Authorities have said they believe Laudenberg is also connected to the deaths of 50-year-old Catherine Medina, whose nude body was found in a San Pedro park in 1974; 54-year-old Anna Felch, also of San Pedro, who was strangled and sexually assaulted in 1974; and Leah Griffin, whose body was found in a San Francisco hotel room in 1975.

He has not been charged in any of those cases.

That's interesting. The man is 80 years old and shows up in court on a gurney. I'm thinking a life sentence wouldn't be too long.

That's interesting. The man is 80 years old and shows up in court on a gurney. I'm thinking a life sentence wouldn't be too long.

Not long enough, that's for sure. But soon enough he'll get a life sentence in hell.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back