Found Deceased PORTUGAL - James Ewan, 73, cruise ship off Madeira, 1 Nov 2006

audrey77

CJ Analyst
Reaction score
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...seline,0,582086.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

A crew member reported the disappearance Wednesday, after it appeared James Ewan, of Fife, Scotland, had not used his cabin on the Celebrity Century, the Miami-based cruise line said. The captain immediately began a search, reversed course to retrace the ship's path and began making public announcements, the company said.

The ship had left Madeira, Portugal, the same day, and ship logs indicate Ewan, who had been traveling alone, did not disembark in port, the company said.

Well, since this man was not of the usual partying age, I wonder if we will hear the usual refrain, that he must have been drunk and fallen overboard? What "reason" will be given this time?

Isn't it always Caribbean Cruises that has these awful problems?

I think it is pretty hard to just fall off of a cruiseliner. I took both the Kungsholm and the Stockholm in 1953 to Scandinavia, and these ships start small at the top floor and get progressively wider for every floor beneath it. Even standing at the railing, you would have to climb up and lift your leg over the top rung to fall into the sea.

God, I wonder where this old gent is?

Scandi

audrey77 said:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationworld/sfl-112cruiseline,0,582086.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

A crew member reported the disappearance Wednesday, after it appeared James Ewan, of Fife, Scotland, had not used his cabin on the Celebrity Century, the Miami-based cruise line said. The captain immediately began a search, reversed course to retrace the ship's path and began making public announcements, the company said.

The ship had left Madeira, Portugal, the same day, and ship logs indicate Ewan, who had been traveling alone, did not disembark in port, the company said.
Guess the Scotland Le will have to talk to the relative's and his will to see if any of them had motive.
And/or if the man was just robbed and thrown over..

"Jimmy's best pal and executor of his will, John Cooper, described the red-tape nightmare he's experienced since finding out the body had turned up on a beach."

"We were informed by the Portugese authorities that Jimmy had been buried in an unmarked grave in Faro. We had no real say in it."

"I'm the executor of his will and the fact my details were sitting on top of his wallet in his cabin rang alarm bells. It's like he tied everything up and not left anything outstanding."

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back