1256 users online (286 members and 970 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation Breaking: Saddam Hussein convicted, sentenced to death

Saddam Hussein and his half brother Barzan Ibrahim were sentenced Sunday to death by hanging for war crimes in the 1982 killings of 148 people in the town of Dujail.

The Iraqi High Tribunal also convicted and sentenced Saddam co-defendant Awad Hamed al-Bandar, the head of Iraq's former Revolutionary Court, to death by hanging. Iraqi Vice President Taha Yassin Ramadan was convicted of premeditated murder and sentenced to life in prison.

Three other co-defendants were convicted of murder and torture and sentenced to up to 15 years in prison.

One defendant was acquitted for lack of evidence.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061105/ap_on_re_mi_ea/saddam_verdict&printer=1;_ylt=AlBrSO5wujl3lYVdU4Jk QNoUewgF;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MXN1bHE0BHNlYwN0bWE-

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    Saddam Hussein and his half brother Barzan Ibrahim were sentenced Sunday to death by hanging for war crimes in the 1982 killings of 148 people in the town of Dujail.

The Iraqi High Tribunal also convicted and sentenced Saddam co-defendant Awad Hamed al-Bandar, the head of Iraq's former Revolutionary Court, to death by hanging. Iraqi Vice President Taha Yassin Ramadan was convicted of premeditated murder and sentenced to life in prison.

Three other co-defendants were convicted of murder and torture and sentenced to up to 15 years in prison.

One defendant was acquitted for lack of evidence.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061105/ap_on_re_mi_ea/saddam_verdict&printer=1;_ylt=AlBrSO5wujl3lYVdU4Jk QNoUewgF;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MXN1bHE0BHNlYwN0bWE-
    wowo- thats wonderful-i hope it gets that far-and he really does get hanged

Good news! The sooner they hang him the better!

I don't know if they have an appeals process or not. And they may want to wait and try him on all of the other charges they still have against him pertaining to other crimes.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    I don't know if they have an appeals process or not. And they may want to wait and try him on all of the other charges they still have against him pertaining to other crimes.

I heard that the appeals are automatic in the death penalty cases.

I'm pretty sure Saddam will be tried for hundreds of thousands more murders that took place in Iraq.

While I'm glad that Sadam will finally pay for the atrocities he committed I worry about our men and women over there. I woke up to see news videos of one set of people celebrating while another, the Sunnies (mostly ones in his hometown) protesting and vowing to get revenge.

Fantastic News---This murderous sadistic pig killed over 300,000 people,men, women and children---and the invasion of Iran by Saddam in 1980 resulted in an 8 year war where perhaps another 800,000 were killed--not to mention the 5000 Kurdish men women and children who were instantly killed by poison gas---hopefully,the nine judge appeal panel will uphold the verdict expeditiuosly---and hopefully,as with the Nazis at Nuremberg,the hanging will be a botched affair, where he will strangle to death slowly,instead of his neck being broken instantly----crimes against humanity must not be tolerated

I just heard on Fox that there are numerous automatic appeals, and it may take weeks or months before his sentence is executed. If, at the time of the hanging, Saddam is being tried for the additional charges or charges are still pending, he will be absolved of those crimes.

I personally think that hanging is too good for him and his murderous ****s. I think that they should first be raped, beaten and tortured. It was good enough for innocent Iraqi citizens. So, it should be good enough for them.

According to ABC news:

On "Good Morning America Weekend Edition," Noah Feldman of the Council on Foreign Relations said Hussein's execution could be finalized in about a month.

"He gets an automatic appeal that will probably take at least a month. If the appeals court upholds the verdict, in principal, he's supposed to be executed within 30 days," Feldman said.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/IraqCo...2629997&page=1

One reporter stated that because Saddam was in charge of the military, he would be shot rather than hanged-something about that being more dignified for an officer.

I wonder if he has a choice or if that's the final decision by their court system-being hanged. I would like to think he has no choice in the matter and will be hanged in the middle of one of those public arenas they have over there for such events.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom
    One reporter stated that because Saddam was in charge of the military, he would be shot rather than hanged-something about that being more dignified for an officer.

I wonder if he has a choice or if that's the final decision by their court system-being hanged. I would like to think he has no choice in the matter and will be hanged in the middle of one of those public arenas they have over there for such events.
    I read in an article that because the trial was for crimes against humanity and not in a military court that he would be hung. Only in military court do you get a firing squad. He prefers a firing squad though. Both of those are too humane and nice for him IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid
    I don't know where you're going to find someone so low and vile as to be willing to rape him, though, as Mark Geragos seems to have pretty full schedule.
    "It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~~ JA

I hope I don't get flamed for saying this, but I think it would be a far worse punishment for SH to sit in prison for the rest of his life, rather than be martyred with an execution, not to mention the terrorist backlash that will inevitably occur after he is executed....

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    I just heard on Fox that there are numerous automatic appeals, and it may take weeks or months before his sentence is executed. If, at the time of the hanging, Saddam is being tried for the additional charges or charges are still pending, he will be absolved of those crimes.

I personally think that hanging is too good for him and his murderous ****s. I think that they should first be raped, beaten and tortured. It was good enough for innocent Iraqi citizens. So, it should be good enough for them.
    Rather extreme view. I'm with Sandraladeda better to let him sit in prision.

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid
    Please don't take this as a flame, it's not meant to be, just a thought.

1) Just about every criminal given the DP tries to get it reduced to LWOP or less. I have yet to hear of a criminal given LWOP who has asked for the DP instead. If the one who has to suffer the punishment feels the DP is more severe then I would not question that conclusion.

2) Alternatively, if LWOP IS a harsher punishment, shouldn't compassion dictate that the criminal be given the less cruel punishment - DP?

Also, we cannot let criminals go unpunished because of the threat of retalliation from their followers - every criminal has someone that supports them, if you follow this all the way to the point where you don't put a burglar in jail because it will upset his children we lose the ability to punish anyone.
    Same old tired pro-death rhetoric. Except that it ignores the political reality and negative consequences in Iraq.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast