790 users online (163 members and 627 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 1

http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/506473.html

RALEIGH - A young pregnant mother found dead in her home on Friday afternoon was the victim of homicide, according to sheriff's investigators.
    A family member discovered the body of Michelle Marie Young, 29, on Friday just before 1:30 p.m. in her two-story brick home at 5108 Birchleaf Drive. Her husband was out of town, and their 2-year-old daughter was in the house but unharmed.

"It was a violent death," said Phyllis Stephens, a spokeswoman for the Wake County Sheriff's Office. "We do not have a cause of death." Investigators must wait for a medical examiner's report to learn exactly how Young died and how far along her pregnancy was. Stephens said she could not comment on whether the house showed signs of forced entry.

That is terrible!

It really is. What a shock to her husband who was out of town when it happened.

...unless...SewingDeb...

...he hired someone to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by cappuccina
    ...he hired someone to do it...
    That thought crossed my mind.

That has crossed my mind, Cappuchina. I am so hoping it is not the husband yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    That thought crossed my mind.

I think we posted at exactly the same time. GMTA...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    I think we posted at exactly the same time. GMTA...lol.
    I think we did.

Authorities: Wake Mother's Slaying Probably Not Random

I've been lurking for a while and rarely post but this crime happened about 10 minutes from where I live. Very few details have come out yet except for LE's statement that is was "likely not a random crime." I'm just a little baffled that this could be said so soon after the incident unless circumstances at the house, which we know very little about, were so obvious. A news article I read also brought up an incident that happened to the couple where they ran off the road into a river (or stream?) back in May, out in western NC near the husband's parents.

I'll be very interested to see what else we find out today.

Did I read right that the husband called the sister to go to the house and get something? That sounds fishy to me right there. Why not call his wife at home or work, and what was the sister supposed to do with whatever it was she was getting? Why have HER get it? Sounds like he needed to be sure the body was found while he was gone. Dammit people D-I-V-O-R-C-E.

Quote Originally Posted by wufdude
    I've been lurking for a while and rarely post but this crime happened about 10 minutes from where I live. Very few details have come out yet except for LE's statement that is was "likely not a random crime." I'm just a little baffled that this could be said so soon after the incident unless circumstances at the house, which we know very little about, were so obvious. A news article I read also brought up an incident that happened to the couple where they ran off the road into a river (or stream?) back in May, out in western NC near the husband's parents.

I'll be very interested to see what else we find out today.
    Also from the article posted by wufdude:

"Investigators said they know about the accident but would not say whether it is part of their investigation"

hmmm, hinky meter going off here. I think the hubby might have some explaining to do. I agree that it sounds a little strange that he called the sister to go to the house. It sounds to me like she was supposed to find the body. I might be wrong and hope that I am for the sake of the 2 year old child but it just doesn't sit right with me.
    Retired 08/03/03

Quote Originally Posted by Malapoo
    Did I read right that the husband called the sister to go to the house and get something? That sounds fishy to me right there. Why not call his wife at home or work, and what was the sister supposed to do with whatever it was she was getting? Why have HER get it? Sounds like he needed to be sure the body was found while he was gone. Dammit people D-I-V-O-R-C-E.
    I agree that is very fishy. Why not just call his wife, and what would he possibly need for her to get ? It does sound like he wanted someone to find the body while he was gone,obvious hitman. so tragic and the child in the house, hope they didnt see anything.

I'd be interested to know more about this "accident" they were involved in in May.

Definitely sounds fishy and as I said, for LE to come out and say that the crime did not appear random only a day after finding the body, when they made the point of saying it was a large house and would take a while to do a thorough search, really baffles me.

And to call the sister? If he wasn't involved, maybe he did try the house and didn't get his wife for obvious reasons and then called the sister? But to say he called her to go get something, as opposed to go check on his wife?

btw, the development the family lives in is very, very nice and very populated.

Yes, this one sounds fishy. How far away do his parents live from the house? Is it drivable in 5-8 hours? I hope they check his car for trace evidence.

Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast