1037 users online (239 members and 798 guests)  

Websleuths News

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

PA - Alfred Masciarelli, 2, drowned in Fayette County creek, 26 Sept 1976

Mother arrested in 1976 killing of two-year-old
    She had claimed stranger abducted son in Fayette Co.

Thirty years after a Fayette County woman said a mysterious stranger abducted and killed her 2-year-old son, state police have arrested her for the boy's murder.

The arrest developed from cold-case files that Sgt. David Heckman of the Uniontown state police barracks asked a veteran criminal investigator, Trooper Jeffrey W. Ramsey, to examine with "a fresh set of eyes."

The suspect is Glenda Rae Masciarelli, 52, of Masontown, a kitchen aide and dishwasher at Uniontown Country Club.

Charged with homicide, she was being held without bail in the Fayette County Prison after her arrest Friday.

~much more at link~

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb

Thirty years after a Fayette County woman said a mysterious stranger abducted and killed her 2-year-old son, state police have arrested her for the boy's murder.

The arrest developed from cold-case files that Sgt. David Heckman of the Uniontown state police barracks asked a veteran criminal investigator, Trooper Jeffrey W. Ramsey, to examine with "a fresh set of eyes."

The suspect is Glenda Rae Masciarelli, 52, of Masontown, a kitchen aide and dishwasher at Uniontown Country Club.

Charged with homicide, she was being held without bail in the Fayette County Prison after her arrest Friday.

~much more at link~
    Good! The B!tch probably thought she got away with it!

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb

~much more at link~
    I want to read more but I think you forgot the link...

I read this and I thought, the cops have and did a "great" job in getting justice of this child. The Cold Case squad is awesome.

I am glad the cold case detectives decided to take a look at theis case agian. I wish they had been a little more thorough with her at the start, b/c her story may have fallen apart back then.

Wow...it's great to see resolution to such an old case.

I found a link with more info:

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06309/735777-85.stm

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by julianne
    I want to read more but I think you forgot the link...
    Oops! Sorry.

Here ya go:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06309/735777-85.stm

From February 2009:

http://articles.dailyamerican.com/20...ximum-sentence

A western Pennsylvania woman will spend 10 to 20 years in prison for drowning her 2-year-old son in a shallow creek in 1976, a crime she still claims to not remember despite apologizing repeatedly for it at her sentencing...

Masciarelli, of Watsontown, pleaded no contest to third-degree murder in December for drowning Alfred Masciarelli Jr. on Sept. 26, 1976, during a walk in the woods.
    Feature article on the cop who cracked the case:

http://www.post-gazette.com/frontpag...s/200612240204

Mr. Ramsey didn't learn about the case until May 2006, after more than 20 years as a state trooper in Fayette County. His arms had started going numb because of a herniated disk – an injury that for a short time confined him to the barracks. To make himself useful, he retrieved Alfred Jr.'s blue binder from among the 16 cold cases – homicides or suspicious disappearances – stockpiled at the Fayette barracks. Then, he returned to his desk and began reading the file...