Anyone see this?

newkid

Reaction score
A very similar story, and only about 30 miles away.

They have not yet released a cause of death, saying that they need the autopsy first.

http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/506473.html

"A young pregnant mother found dead in her home on Friday afternoon was the victim of homicide, according to sheriff's investigators.
A family member discovered the body of Michelle Marie Young, 29, on Friday just before 1:30 p.m. in her two-story brick home at 5108 Birchleaf Drive. Her husband was out of town, and their 2-year-old daughter was in the house but unharmed."

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=local&id=4729564

"Without revealing too many details, the sheriff said the crime was not random.
"I know it caused concern, and it would if I lived in the neighborhood," Harrison told reporters. "But we just don't think there's a need to be concerned at this time."

Wow Newkid, Unbelievable! Do they say all cases are not random, just to get the family, news reporters and everybody else from bothering them?????

This sounds fishy also, the hubby who was out of town , sent a sister to go to the house to pick up something and she found the body. I mean what was she supposed to go get for someone out of town?? how could she get it to him? I think the hubby wanted the sister to find the body while he was out . this screams hitman to me.:mad: do people not think of divorce as an option anymore. and they have a 2 year old whose bloody footprints were found also. so the child must have seen something. poor baby.

I REALLY wish those articles had mentioned that the other "not random" slaying of a pregnant woman in the area still hasn't been solved! Could it be time to contact the writers of these articles to maybe show a pattern? Could this put pressure on LE and/or Nifong to get going on Janet's case??

Geez, this is so sad! I would really like to know how far along in her pregnancy she was--was it noticable? or would only those close to her have known about it?

I completely agree that it's really fishy that the husband was "out of town" at his mother's house. Sounds like someone trying to create an alibi for himself. And if this husband did it, curse be on him--can you imagine a 2 year old walking around the house while it's mother is lying dead on the floor? I could just scream I'm so angry and saddened at this image.

I'm sure all of you Raven-ites will just jump on this. "Look, someone is killing pregnant women!" Whatever. Raven was probably the only one that knew Janet was pregnant. He wanted out and he created a way to do just that. At least Raven left Kaiden in his bed....

cynpat2000 said:
This sounds fishy also, the hubby who was out of town , sent a sister to go to the house to pick up something and she found the body. I mean what was she supposed to go get for someone out of town?? how could she get it to him? I think the hubby wanted the sister to find the body while he was out . this screams hitman to me.:mad: do people not think of divorce as an option anymore. and they have a 2 year old whose bloody footprints were found also. so the child must have seen something. poor baby.
I agree, this is such an odd thing. Did he all of a sudden start thinking about that baby walking around? Probably hungry? Probably looking for hugs and kisses from mommy?

Nail the perp to the wall!!

Very sad indeed. Not a random crime. Love the wording, maybe this guy will end up moving to Utah too.

I am sure NC won't mind sending one more murderer there! They might even spring for the plane fare if they are asked nicely.

newkid said:
A very similar story, and only about 30 miles away.

http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/506473.html

"A young pregnant mother found dead in her home on Friday afternoon was the victim of homicide, according to sheriff's investigators.
A family member discovered the body of Michelle Marie Young, 29, on Friday just before 1:30 p.m. in her two-story brick home at 5108 Birchleaf Drive. Her husband was out of town, and their 2-year-old daughter was in the house but unharmed."
This case might be more similar than we even know.

Very unsurprising news on Greta tonight - Michelle Young's husband was seeing another woman.

JerseyGirl said:
This case might be more similar than we even know.

Very unsurprising news on Greta tonight - Michelle Young's husband was seeing another woman.
Yep, and both murders were in North Carolina. Who knows, maybe Raven and Jason knew each other and offered to kill each other's wife! :mad:

PrayersForMaura said:
Yep, and both murders were in North Carolina. Who knows, maybe Raven and Jason knew each other and offered to kill each other's wife! :mad:
I don't think that they killed each other's wives. But I do find it awfully convenient how both homes of pregnant women whose husbands were most likely having affairs just happened to be infilitrated by murderers (with no intention of doing anything other than killing) while their husbands were out. Janet's killer was especially "lucky" since he pulled it off at a time when people are ordinarily still awake. AND they had closer neighbors.

A chilling thought is that Michelle's husband ... sorry, murderer ... might have heard about the Abaroa case, realized that it still hasn't been solved after 18 months, made some assumptions about LE, and decided it was worth rolling the dice.

May all of these killers get what they deserve.

Jersey, that could very well be the case, that Jason thought he would take a shot at it, as it seems that it's taking forever to get Janet's murderer behind bars.

Two men, both cheaters, kill their wives and try to get away with it. Sickening that the person you are suppose to trust the most would be the one that kills them.

I hope North Carolina starts changing the way they handle cases like this, they had plenty of experience with Michael Peterson, now it's time to tighten up their procedures to catch these animals quicker.

Prayers go out to Michelle Young's family & friends and Janet's family and friends for a resolution soon.

I live in NC and lived in the Raleigh area. The big difference in these two cases...Janet's happened in Durham, Michelle's happened in Raleigh. One thing I can tell you about Wake County, they never give up. There was a young girl murdered in her apt about 5 years ago and the PD in Wake County never gave up and they caught her killer. The guy thought he had gotten away with it. I was very surprised when there was a trial and conviction in the Peterson case. I have moved to another part of the state and don't know who all the players were in the Peterson case. Was Nifong the DA when the Peterson case took place? I would be surprised if he was.

Curious 1,

I didn't follow the Peterson East case, Laci Peterson was my first trial that I followed online. I had no idea there were places like WS until I read about it on the CTV boards. I don't read over at CTV anymore, I find civilized posting here at WS is much more rewarding.

As for Nifong and the Peterson East case... I don't know.

I wish someone would find it in their hearts to come forward with information on Janet's case. I hate that there has been no news in so long.

Michelle Young's case is out of Raleigh? I didn't realize as I don't follow that case much. I'm sure that I must have heard "Raleigh" at some point but somehow it didn't register in my brain.

JerseyGirl....you can't keep up with all the details on all the cases here on Websleuths? You are slipping girl. :p

curious1 said:
I live in NC and lived in the Raleigh area. The big difference in these two cases...Janet's happened in Durham, Michelle's happened in Raleigh. One thing I can tell you about Wake County, they never give up. There was a young girl murdered in her apt about 5 years ago and the PD in Wake County never gave up and they caught her killer. The guy thought he had gotten away with it. I was very surprised when there was a trial and conviction in the Peterson case. I have moved to another part of the state and don't know who all the players were in the Peterson case. Was Nifong the DA when the Peterson case took place? I would be surprised if he was.
The following is a small timeline I threw together so we all had the dates put out in black and white regarding the District Attorney elections, and who was and was not in office at the time. I hope this helps a bit.

On April 18, 2005 NC Office of the Governor Mike Easley appointed Michael Nifong to the office of District Attorney. Nifong worked in the DA's office for 26 years. He served as an Assistant District Attorney and right before the Governor appointed him he became the Chief Assistant District Attorney

DA Nifong replaced
Durham District Attorney Jim Hardin, who became a Superior Court Judge.

On April 26, 2005 - Janet Marie Christiansen Abaroa and her unborn child was brutally murdered in her Durham, North Carolina home.

On April 27, 2005, DA Michael Nifong was SWORN into Office. The day after Janet was murdered, he was at his swearing in ceremony.

Michael Nifong had an extreme dislike for Freda Black so within a week of his swearing in he asked Freda Black to resign.

On March 14, 2006 - A woman in Durham, NC told police she was raped by Duke Lacross Players.

Between March 14, 2006 - April, 2006 - This story becomes top National Headlines, with Michael Nifong giving 100's of interviews.

On April 18, 2006 - Two men were indicted. - Major TV Coverage

On April 26, 2006 - One Year Anniversary of the Murder of Janet Marie Christiansen and her unborn Child. To date, no POI or Suspect named, very little media attention or any statements made by the District Attorney Michael Nifong.

On April 29, 2006 - A Candlelight Vigil was held in memory of Janet Marie Christiansen Abaroa in conjunctional with National Crime Victims Right Week. DA Michael Nifong was in attendance and there was some
media attention there.

May 2, 2006 - Primary elections were held. DA Nifong ran against Freda Black and Bishop. DA Nifong won these elections.

Vote Tally

Nifong 45%
Black 42%
Bishop 13%

November 2, 2006 - DA Nifong won the race for DA of Durham North Carolina. He ran against Steve Monks who was known to have sued the City of Durham repeatedly and he ran against Lewis Cheek, who publicly stated he would run, but not take office, which with then put the DA seat back into Governor Easley's hands (the man who originally appointed Mike Nifong)

H
ere's the results for this Race - Votes - District Attorney Nifong won by less than 5,000 votes against a man that wasn't even going to take office???

Mike Nifong (D) * 24,479
spacer.gif
Lewis Cheek (Una) 19,816
spacer.gif

Or in other words:

Nifong 49%
Cheek 39%
Monks 12% (write in)

November 2 or 3rd, 2006 - Michelle Young and her unborn child was brutually murdered in her Raleigh, North Carolina home.

This timeline to me shows the relevance of the political issues surrounding Janet Marie Christiansen's brutal Murder and the lack of public/media attention.

Apparantly the Durham County District Attorney at the time of the Peterson East case was a Jim Hardin Jr who is now a superior court judge in the district. Seems like Mr. Hardin was at least about justice for the people of Durham County and Nifong is just all about Nifong. What a total total disgrace.:razz: If Janet's murder had occured when Hardin was still the DA maybe things would be different. Hey, maybe we could write to Hardin. He most certainly is still commited to justice for the people, maybe he could use his weight as a Superior Court Judge or have some else use their weight to bring more attention to this case. Just a thought, please don't yell at me for not knowing how things work and that Hardin would have no influence, etc....It is just a thought.

curious1 said:
Apparantly the Durham County District Attorney at the time of the Peterson East case was a Jim Hardin Jr who is now a superior court judge in the district. Seems like Mr. Hardin was at least about justice for the people of Durham County and Nifong is just all about Nifong. What a total total disgrace.:razz: If Janet's murder had occured when Hardin was still the DA maybe things would be different. Hey, maybe we could write to Hardin. He most certainly is still commited to justice for the people, maybe he could use his weight as a Superior Court Judge or have some else use their weight to bring more attention to this case. Just a thought, please don't yell at me for not knowing how things work and that Hardin would have no influence, etc....It is just a thought.
:blowkiss: No yelling. We are just glad you care enough to stay active on the terrible unsolved crime!

Oh, Nifong SUCKS! (JMO)

Thanks Birdhunter. I like your "Oh, Nifong SUCKS! (JMO)" We should all incorporate that into all our posts on this thread....

Oh, Nifong SUCKS! (JMO)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u