1515 users online (384 members and 1131 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is exactly what should happen to all child molesters!!! way to go!

Excellent! Why can't all of the predators see the error of their ways and submit to castration? No repreat offenders!

Good! Esp since I live in that area! Maybe they'll catch em all and snip em!

I'd like to see that this really makes a difference. Anyone seen any studies on that? I don't see where castration changes the bad wiring in the brain and he can certainly molest again even if his "equipment" is gone. Don't get me wrong, I am totally for it, I just wonder how effective it really is.?

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    I'm assuming by castration they are basically talking about the same thing they did to my male dog. That dog humped everything in site, until we had him neutered. Since then, he could care less (most of the time), so obviously it does alterate the testerone levels and lessens the sex drive. One can only hope!

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

I hope it works but I'll hold out for a while to see if it does or if it just creates a different, more violent type of offender. I have my doubts about this as you can quess, I think they (child molesters) are deserving of nothing less than a more "permanent" solution. No use - no sympathy.
    Racing Doesn't Lie

When I was in training to become a sexual assault counselor, I recall one teacher talking about this procedure disparagingly.

He said that so far it seemed to make the offender frustrated and angry which at times seemed to cause them to experience out of control violence.

Which makes sense to me. The desire doesn't leave, only the ability to function. I think it is a good idea but hasn't been fine tuned enough for the desired results.

Julia

Yes; I'm thinking a lobotomy would be more effective; heck- castrastration, lobotomy and take the hands- that's what we need!

I would think there would be medication to reduce the testosterone levels, etc...and therefore reduce the level of violent or agressive behavior.

I didn't read if he served any time for his crimes - did I miss it?

I'm not sure about castration, either - if it's proven to work and not create more control and violence issues, then it sounds good - I just have my doubts and would prefer they be locked up.

I still think they'd all be better off on a deserted island somewhere, left to fend for themselves. No government paid weight rooms and cable tv and free health care when we have hard-working Americans out there going without those things. When I become President that'll be my first order of business.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

I've heard that it's been tried before, on a child molester who really wanted to change - he voluntarily had himself castrated - it doesn't remove the desires, and it doesn't stop them from molesting kids. Just the method changes, not the target. I haven't heard they become more violent - but it seems to fit.

Studies have been done regarding chemical castration with the use of Depo-Provera. It does reduce the sex drive to nil and the agressive behavior is lowered in most patients. There are some side effects since it is a female hormone being used in men.

Opponents of it say it violates the Eighth Amendment against cruel and unusual punishment.

Whatever!

They ought to pass federal laws keeping the freaks in jail for the rest of their lives so it wouldn't matter whether they still had desires or testosterone. I wonder how much time this guy got or if the castration lessened the sentence.

I agree with the sentiments here. Sexual crimes of any type are more of a head game (having control over someone...) than just the physical act.

So, if cutting off their balls doesn't fix'em, let's chop off their heads!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast