740 users online (159 members and 581 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rumsfield Stepping Down

Fox is reporting that Donald Rumsfield will resign effective immediately. Will look for a link.
    Racing Doesn't Lie

Just saw this myself on CNN....

Robert Gates, ex CIA chief, will take his place -well maybe, I think he has to be confirmed first.
    Racing Doesn't Lie

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,228173,00.html

Earlier today, a spokesman for Rumsfeld said he'd given no indication that he would step down in the wake of Democratic election gains. The spokesman said Rumsfeld would work with Congress on Iraq but added that the focus on stabilizing the country will remain the same.

All I can say is..... WOW. I think this is good news.

Yahoo! Here's another link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061108/...msfeld_resigns

Now if we can get Karl Rove to follow.......
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ljwf22
    Yahoo! Here's another link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061108/...msfeld_resigns

Stud muffin steps down.

Or Cheney!

Quote Originally Posted by Becba
    Or Cheney!
    Ooh, that would be great! Cheney will never quit, but I thought that about Rummy too!
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

Ooh, that would be great! Cheney will never quit, but I thought that about Rummy too!
    You know - it was reported that Cheney was going hunting on election day - has anyone seen him?
    Racing Doesn't Lie

So much for Bush insisting that Rumsfeld would remain Secretary for the remainder of his Presidency! Certainly didn't have anything to do with the elections, I am sure!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mfmangel1
    So much for Bush insisting that Rumsfeld would remain Secretary for the remainder of his Presidency! Certainly didn't have anything to do with the elections, I am sure!!!!
    Bush claims he intentionally misled reporters with that statement so as not to cause a stir at the Pentagon at the end of an election campaign. Yeah, whatever.

Rummy is gone!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I don't understand Bush's thinking (and I never will). He tells the American public that Rummy is in for the long haul despite all of the cries for his resignation. He throws all of the Republican senate and house candidates under the wheels of the election campaign and lets them lose their seats to Democrats and THEN he announces that Rummy is out!! ????

Don't get me wrong. I am pleased as punch about the election results but I am totally confused about the Bush Administration's strategy. Is there any logic in the decision to hold onto Rumsfeld until they lose ALL support of the American people?

Oh well. I guess I just need to get back to my happy dance. Rummy is out! Dems are in!! My confidence in the system is becoming restored. Now we need ALL of our leaders to get to work and figure out a way to deal with the real issues about which We the People are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypros
    I guess I just need to get back to my happy dance. Rummy is out! Dems are in!!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by Cypros
    I don't understand Bush's thinking (and I never will). He tells the American public that Rummy is in for the long haul despite all of the cries for his resignation. He throws all of the Republican senate and house candidates under the wheels of the election campaign and lets them lose their seats to Democrats and THEN he announces that Rummy is out!! ????
    Since Karl Rove does Bush's thinking, an article about Rove in the current Vanity Fair may be enlightening. In it, Rove points to Lieberman's high poll numbers and says that when you give the American people a clear choice between "winning" the war in Iraq and "losing" the war, they will choose winning over losing. (This isn't to say you must actually win the war, just that you frame the choices in those terms.)

I was shocked by the timing of the Rumsfeld resignation, too, but I'm speculating that doing it before the election would have risked looking like defeatism (at least in Rove's imagination).

In the same issue, there's a Michael Wolff essay asserting that the next 2 years will be about all the neo-cons distancing themselves from the now certain Iraqi defeat. Wolff predicts Bush will dump Cheney (health excuse) AND Rumsfeld. Maybe Bush just wanted to get to it.

IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    Bush claims he intentionally misled reporters with that statement so as not to cause a stir at the Pentagon at the end of an election campaign. Yeah, whatever.

Rummy is gone!
    I know! I couldn't believe it. He basically admitted to lying to reporters and it just went over everyone's heads! I was floored!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast