TX - Jasmine Hicks, 21 mos, dies of head trauma, Stafford, 3 Nov 2006

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
Mom's Boyfriend Charged In Baby's Death

STAFFORD, Texas -- A 19-year-old man has been charged in connection with the death of a 21-month-old child, KPRC Local 2 reported.

Fort Bend County sheriff's deputies said Jasmine Hicks was found not breathing at her home in the 3000 block of Dove Country Drive on Friday.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

It seems there will never be an end this.

I know. It's sickening!!

I'd like to read more.. is there a link? :blowkiss: TIA!

teonspaleprincess said:
How is he not charged with murder?:banghead: :mad: :(
I don't understand this either. Charged with 'Injury to a child'. The little girl is DEAD dammit :mad:

More charges may be filed.

From link above:

The injury to a child charge, a first-degree felony, could later be upgraded to capital murder, which is punishable by death or life in prison, said Fort Bend County District Attorney John Healey.

A capital murder charge is possible because state law allows that charge if the victim is under age 6.

"As in any case where the potential for capital murder exists, the evidence will be seriously scrutinized by our office prior to making a decision," Healey said Tuesday.

the article said it would most likely be upgraded to Murder, but they have to have the evidence tight..so until they are done investigating the charges will stand..

"A capital murder charge is possible because state law allows that charge if the victim is under age 6.

"As in any case where the potential for capital murder exists, the evidence will be seriously scrutinized by our office prior to making a decision," Healey said Tuesday."

A child is 8 times more likely to be abused when there is a boyfriend or stepfather in the house. These mothers should be charged with something. When you have a young child to care for, the last thing you should be looking for is a boyfriend.

I am so sick of hearing this. Most of these severe abuse cases are always done by boyfriends.

I am going to sign up and train to be a child CASA advocate out here for cases that generally will involve some sort of abuse. You better believe that if there is a boyfriend in the house, I will take that into consideration when I do my reports.

Where is the fathers of these kids at?

Nocgirl said:
A child is 8 times more likely to be abused when there is a boyfriend or stepfather in the house. These mothers should be charged with something. When you have a young child to care for, the last thing you should be looking for is a boyfriend.

I am so sick of hearing this. Most of these severe abuse cases are always done by boyfriends.

I am going to sign up and train to be a child CASA advocate out here for cases that generally will involve some sort of abuse. You better believe that if there is a boyfriend in the house, I will take that into consideration when I do my reports.

Where is the fathers of these kids at?

What can we do to prevent this in the first place? I'm thinking mandatory parenting classes in high school. Sure, not everyone wants to be a parent but many become parents willingly or not. Educating about how likely it is for an unrelated male (and sometimes females) to abuse children would be a good thing, too.

I think it's great that you are going to train to be a child CASA advocate. Is that for the courts?

Your question about where the fathers are makes me think that if the biological fathers were involved with their children, these boyfriends might think twice before taking their anger out on children.

Yes I am going to be a child advocate for the courts on a volunteer basis. We work in conjunction with CPS but CPS is so terribly shortstaffed they assign a CASA to a case.

I am a mother of a 2 year old and I know how precious and how dependent children are.

These women that get these loser boyfriends often have a track record of making poor decisions. The dads sometimes get the short end of the stick as in most cases mom gets custody. In cases where dad is not involved at all, it is even worse.

The legal standard of being a parent is VERY low. Personally if we could sterilize these woman that would solve alot of the problems.

Just my :twocents:, but between this story and another thread about a child whose sperm donor "father" slammed her against a sink and used a cattle prod on her among other things, I'm thinking our legal system needs some direct and clear-cut sentencing for those who abuse children under age 3 or so. As in, try the abuser and if he (or she) is found guilty, the sentence is an immediate and unappealable LWOP (or DP--makes no difference to me).

It won't stop irresponsible mothers from exposing their infants and toddlers to predators (because that's what these men are), and it won't act as a deterrent to the predators, but at least it offers some level of automatic justice for the victim. You cause injury or death to a small, defenseless child because of your rage or dysfunction or substance abuse or whatever and you forfeit your own existence. No excuses, no extenuating circumstances.

Thanks for letting me rant.

I like the idea of an automatic sentence for abuse of a very young child. Too many idiots out and living among the rest of us. Guess we'll have to build more prisons at the rate these things are happening though.

FFWifey said:
Just my :twocents:, but between this story and another thread about a child whose sperm donor "father" slammed her against a sink and used a cattle prod on her among other things, I'm thinking our legal system needs some direct and clear-cut sentencing for those who abuse children under age 3 or so. As in, try the abuser and if he (or she) is found guilty, the sentence is an immediate and unappealable LWOP (or DP--makes no difference to me).

It won't stop irresponsible mothers from exposing their infants and toddlers to predators (because that's what these men are), and it won't act as a deterrent to the predators, but at least it offers some level of automatic justice for the victim. You cause injury or death to a small, defenseless child because of your rage or dysfunction or substance abuse or whatever and you forfeit your own existence. No excuses, no extenuating circumstances.

Thanks for letting me rant.
I vote for automatic death penalty. Something has got to get into these losers' head....KILLING BABIES IS NOT ALLOWED! :banghead:

They put people caught with a bag of pot away for longer amounts of time then they do these scumbags!

Nocgirl said:
Yes I am going to be a child advocate for the courts on a volunteer basis. We work in conjunction with CPS but CPS is so terribly shortstaffed they assign a CASA to a case.

I am a mother of a 2 year old and I know how precious and how dependent children are.

These women that get these loser boyfriends often have a track record of making poor decisions. The dads sometimes get the short end of the stick as in most cases mom gets custody. In cases where dad is not involved at all, it is even worse.

The legal standard of being a parent is VERY low. Personally if we could sterilize these woman that would solve alot of the problems.
Amen to that! The most important job in the world (parenting) and any idiot can have a try. I wish we could sterilize these women, too!

On 8/21/09, Detrick Ellis was sentenced to 30 years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back