1372 users online (364 members and 1008 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

"I feel it's a very good case." -Cpl Perkins, DPD

Hi all - Haven't been around in awhile, but still keep up with the news of Janet's murder. I saw this on the local news (WRAL) this evening:

(excerpts - link to entire article at end)

Police Follow New Lead In Durham Woman's 2005 Slaying

POSTED: 4:39 pm EST November 8, 2006
    UPDATED: 6:19 pm EST November 8, 2006

DURHAM, N.C. -- More than 18 months after a young mother was found slain in her Durham home, police continue to follow leads in the case and remain confident of making an arrest. .....

.....Investigators said Wednesday they received a new tip in the case last week.

"We did just get a lead on the case that involves computers," said Cpl. Sheldon Perkins of the Durham Police Department, who declined to be more specific.

Shortly after the slaying, investigators seized the couple's e-mail accounts and sifted through correspondence before and after the murder.

Also, a laptop computer was listed in court documents as missing from the home.

Investigators said much of their work in the past year has involved tying outside information to clues found at the scene.

"We got a lot of forensic evidence on the scene," Perkins said. "But sometimes it's just as important the evidence you don't find."

Police said they believe Janet Abaroa knew her killer, noting there was no forced entry into the house.

Investigators have interveiwed dozens of people, some of them more than once, he said.

"We have some people we're looking at, and we do have a person of interest," he said. "I feel it's a very good case."

Raven Abaroa and his son now live in Utah.

http://www.wral.com/news/10275825/detail.html
    "I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against."

-Malcolm X

THANK YOU SES!

Nice to see you. You've been missed.
    "It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~~ JA

Holy Cow!!! This is HUGE!!!!!

SES, it's so good to see you!!! I hope all is well with you and your family.

psssssst! raven...are you starting to sweat?

Sooo, they do have a 'person of interest.'

Wonder who that could be? Especially since they mention a computer missing from the home..................

fran

terminatrixator is offline All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and her unborn child!
    Next time I see Raven, I'm hoping he's in Orange.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

"Safety never takes a holiday" ~Britney Romito

"It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~Janet Christiansen (Abaroa)

"Right now you have the capabilities of being a God" ~Karen Abaroa Bolton

Quote Originally Posted by SouthEastSleuth
    Hi all - Haven't been around in awhile, but still keep up with the news of Janet's murder. I saw this on the local news (WRAL) this evening:

(excerpts - link to entire article at end)

Police Follow New Lead In Durham Woman's 2005 Slaying

POSTED: 4:39 pm EST November 8, 2006
    UPDATED: 6:19 pm EST November 8, 2006

DURHAM, N.C. . . . . . . . . .

"We got a lot of forensic evidence on the scene," Perkins said. "But sometimes it's just as important the evidence you don't find."

Police said they believe Janet Abaroa knew her killer, noting there was no forced entry into the house.

http://www.wral.com/news/10275825/detail.html
    What an interesting statement about the evidence!!! In my opinion it furthers my suspicion that Raven is - as they say - going down for the murder of his wife.

" . . . sometimes it's just as important the evidence YOU DON'T FIND." (My emphasis.)

I take this as meaning the investigators didn't find anyone elses dna or evidence of anyone else being at the crime scene other then Janet and Raven.

And after he's finally arrested, may there be a very special hell awaiting him for eternity, and may Janet look down giving a right fisted salute with a big smile on her beautiful face.

Julia

Raven, maybe the person who has been keeping your secret for the last 18 months is finally ready to give you up. You didn't really think they would stay quiet forever did you?

I am so excited...hopefully this is the answer to thousands of prayers.

Are you saying yours, Raven?
    Men should take care not to make women weep, for God counts their tears. -- President Thomas S. Monson

This is great! Maybe soon janet and her unborn baby can have justice.

About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthEastSleuth
    Extremely interesting! And SO good to hear something new on this case. It's about time for Janet.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

This is great news. Thanks for posting it.

Prayers for Janet.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

I didn't even look to see who posted this! SES, welcome back!!!! I've missed you! PM me when you have a moment.

Mahatma Gandhi

Jenifred is offline I can feel it coming in the air tonight......
    Those pesky computers, right Raven? I think someone is getting pricked in the conscience and they are turning you in....what "friend" could keep that seceret forever?

Hi, SES!! Missed your posts. Welcome back!!
    2 Nephi 30:17 "There is nothing which is seceret save it shall be revealed; there is no work of darkness save it shall be made manifest in the light; and there is nothing which is sealed upon the earth save it shall be loosed."

Jenifred is offline I can feel it coming in the air tonight......
    Now did anyone watch the video link to the story? I'm not sure how to post it here.

There were two thick file folders just brimming with information that the interviewee said might help solve the case.

Sweating now, Raven?
    2 Nephi 30:17 "There is nothing which is seceret save it shall be revealed; there is no work of darkness save it shall be made manifest in the light; and there is nothing which is sealed upon the earth save it shall be loosed."

Wow, that video is very interesting. The inferences are crystal clear, IMO. If I were the murderer, I would indeed start sweating now because this new information certainly seems significant.

Mahatma Gandhi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast