1044 users online (250 members and 794 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Angela Renae Ambrocio, 19, Lakeland, 14 Nov 1986

20 years ago...

Angela Renae Ambrocio
    Missing since November 14, 1986 from Lakeland, Polk County, Florida
    Classification: Missing
    Vital Statistics
    Date Of Birth: July 13, 1967
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 95 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde or strawberry hair; blue eyes.
    Marks, Scars: She has scars on her left leg from a dog bite; scar on abdomen.
    Clothing: She was last seen wearing a checkered blouse and blue jean pants.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Ambrocio was last seen by her husband, Avelino Ambrocio, after they argued on November 14, 1986. He dropped her off at the Church's Fried Chicken restaurant on Memorial Blvd in Lakeland, Florida.

She was reported missing to detectives on November 19, 1986, by her sister. She was employed as a waitress at the time of her disappearance.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Polk County Sheriff's Office

Agency Case Number: 86-97602
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
    Polk County Sheriff's Office
    FDLE Missing Person
    The Doe Network: Case File 1492DFFL

Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 05-04-2010 at 05:45 PM. Reason: updated doe network link

husbands goose cooked?

The husband did not report her missing. The husband had argued with her. So now the question comes to mind: Did witnesses see him drop her off at the churches chicken place and then leave or do we only have his word for it? Can the husband account for his whereabouts later that day? It said she worked as a waitress so was that her place of employment?

Could she simply have gotten tired of the hassle and just run away?

Chattanooga, TN
    Her face resembles the sketches/reconstructions of the Jane Doe found on I-59 in northwest Georgia in 1988, but her height/weight are too small (Angela's, that is...Jane Doe was about 5'7" and 135 lbs).

I wonder too how many adults just get "tired" and run away. There are days when I'm very tempted to do it myself, so I can imagine there are those who follow through!

Penn's woods

1992 article

(Note: you will have to navigate between the beginning of the article which is on page 39 and to page 46 of scanned newspaper)

When Angela disappeared she had an infant and a 2 yr old.

Angela's Mother spoke to her the morning by phone she disappeared and nothing except the usual was wrong. (Angela had marital problems and was seperated)

Angela's Husband had taken the children from her, he picked her up so she could go to his home and visit with the children, but first he wanted to work out their marital problems before he allowed her to visit the children.

The couple drove to a park near the Lakeland civic center. Later they drove to the Church's chicken where the Husband stated she got out of the car.

To never be seen again.

I think we know exactly who is responsible for Angela. JMHO.

Angela's NamUs entry

She is also listed on the Polk County Sheriff's Office website:

LAKELAND | A human skull and other bones were found Tuesday inside a plastic container in the woods off North Wabash Avenue, slightly south of Crutchfield Road in Lakeland.

The bones appear to be those of an adult, deputies say. They will be taken to the Medical Examiner's Office to hopefully identify the deceased person and determine his or her cause of death.
    The gender of the remains could not be determined today.

Clearwater, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by KateB View Post
    I saw this the other day on tbo.com. Had no idea where to share this o websleuths my mind races to the women I think it could be