Hubby to pay alimony to 'man-wife'

Gozgals

Reaction score
Hubby to pay alimony to 'man-wife'

Asian News International
London, October 6, 2006

Often in divorce, it's the man who pays for his wife's maintenance, as men are usually the bread earners, entrusted with the job of taking care of the family's needs.

But what if the wife goes for a sex-change, and starts living like a man after few months of her divorce? Should she be allowed to receive alimony payments, or should the law be a bit considerate towards the poor husband.

A similar case happened in Florida, where a man is fighting to stop paying maintenance to his ex-wife, because she's now a man.;)

Lawrence Roach, of Seminole, claims his ex-wife has had a sex swap op and is now living as a man, insisting that he should now be allowed to stop paying his 650 pounds monthly alimony payments.
"This isn't right. It's humiliating to me and degrading," Ananova quoted him, as telling, reports ABay News 9.
"You know, I'm a man and I don't want to be paying alimony to a man. If you can't be married to a man legally, how can you legally pay alimony to a man?" he added.
Roach and his ex-wife, who chose to remain anonymous, divorced 18 months ago after being married for more than 17 years.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/7242_1814381,00180021.htm

Interesting....I guess it will come down the the courts and what the final provisions in the Divorce Agreement were.

This story is beyond bizarre. How does a woman turn into a man anyway? Nevermind I dont want to know.:crazy:

Well I can "weigh" in on this from a legal standpoint.

The man was "married" to the women for 17 years before she had her sex change operation and if the "agreement" does not include that he will cease all support payments in the event that she receives a sex change operation, I really don't see what "basis" he has to cease the payments.

The Judge can also "consider" that this is "sexual" discrimination based on gender and not need. Support payments are based on circumstances and need and I don't know about this particular country, but support payments are taken into consideration based on age, medical history, employment history, education, the ability to get a job to support yourself based on "the past lifestyle" etc.

But in in England who knows..........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back