Ed Bradley, CBS News, dies age 65

Pepper

Former Member
Reaction score
Just heard that Ed Bradley from 60 Minutes on CBS died of leukemia.

Hi Pepper! :)

Wow, I didn't even know he was sick. 65, so young...

Hi DD :blowkiss:

Yes, this is a shock, though I guess insiders knew he was not well. But I don't think he told anyone the exact nature of his illness.

So sad! I liked him very much.

I did notice that he had been looking very thin over the past few months. I thought it was just because he was getting older, I didn't realize he was sick.

maima said:
So sad! I liked him very much.

I did notice that he had been looking very thin over the past few months. I thought it was just because he was getting older, I didn't realize he was sick.
I had read somewhere a while back that he was diagnosed with lukemia. The last few times I saw him he looked very thin. I really liked his style also.

Always liked him. Could report the news/interview without either acting "bitchy" or getting a swelled head like so many of the big news folk do these days. A man who "just told the story". Prayers to his family & loved ones.

I had no idea he had Leukemia. I don't watch TV that much though, or 60 minutes anymore.

sorry to hear this--used to watch him on 60 minutes for many years--RIP Ed Bradley,World Without End Amen

How sad. 65 is too young. I used to watch 60 minutes religiously and Ed was one of my favorites. He came across as a really cool guy -- cool AND very smart. We need more like him in today's media.

i agree with those who say he looked thin recently. at times he looked downright BAD. while we do not watch 60 minutes much we did happen to catch his last story on the duke lacrosse team. it was a good piece. and while i know this was filmed a few weeks before it aired last month there was nothing indicating he was so ill.

he will be missed by many.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back