Boy Dragged By Truck After Backpack Gets Snagged

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A 7-year-old boy was in extremely critical condition Thursday after he was hit and dragged by a semi truck on his way to school. The truck's driver wasn't at fault and troopers called it a terrible accident.

Troopers said, for some reason, the little boy tried to cross the street at Clarcona Ocoee Road and 15th Street in Apopka as a semi was passing through. He had a book bag and, they said, the straps of his bag got entangled in the truck and he was dragged for several feet.

Family members call 7-year-old Keionderea Martin "Day-Day." He's known for his love of football and school, but Thursday morning he didn't make it to class.

"I heard the little kids hollering and stuff, like, 'He got hit, he got hit,'" said eyewitness JeJuan Hugley.
http://www.wftv.com/news/10282020/detail.html

Oh how sad. :( I'll be praying for this child and also for the truck driver. I know this was in no way his fault also.

These stories hurt my heart. Too many times kids have been dragged to death or seriously maimed due to circumstances like this. :(

This reminds of Jake Robel and that sweet little boy whose backpack got caught in the school bus door. He tried to run alongside the bus, but couldn't keep up and died. :(

UGH. My heart goes out to this sweet boy and his family. :(

He's at an excellent hospital. They will take good care of him. I was there with my daughter several years ago. I slept in the waiting for the first couple of nights and then they got me a room in the very nice Ronald McDonald house.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back