1151 users online (220 members and 931 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?

UK - Why you should clean under your child's bed

Unbelievable!! http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif

Man hid under girl's bed for 3 months

Fugitive, 22, created secret den in 12-year-old’s room to abuse her after a chance meeting on bus

A man on the run from police seduced a 12-year-old girl and then hid under her bed for three months before eventually running away with her. Scott Jennings, 22, constructed a secret hiding place in the bottom of the child’s divan bed and lived there undiscovered by her mother.

After drawing the child into his web of deceit, he is said to have systematically abused her.

He persuaded his victim, a high school pupil, to take him home where she was able to sneak him into the house unnoticed. She was always aware of his real age, say police.

He converted the child’s bed into a hiding place by removing wooden slats under the mattress and then cutting a large enough hole in the canvas support.

He would then disappear into his secret den whenever he heard the child’s mother approaching. The court was told that the girl’s mother was oblivious to his shadowy existence under the same roof.

Police believe that the child raided the family larder to feed the man she regarded as her secret live-in boyfriend.

Detective Constable David Donlan, of Ashton CID, said: “The victim herself has basically been hiding him there. He somehow brought her on to his side.”

At one point the child confided in her 10-year-old sister but it was not until she disappeared in January that her mother raised the alarm.

She contacted police after finding a note from her daughter explaining that she had run away but would be fine and her mother was not to worry. At that stage the child’s mother had no idea that she was in the company of an adult. Subsequently, the girl’s sister confessed to officers about the man in the house.

Link to 9 Articles

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Omg!!!

Absolutely creepy!

That IS really creepy.

I am sorry, but how the hell do you not notice a man living in your 12 yr olds bedroom? There had to be signs that something was not right. And I know that I have to clean under my kids beds quite frequently!

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess
    I am sorry, but how the hell do you not notice a man living in your 12 yr olds bedroom? There had to be signs that something was not right. And I know that I have to clean under my kids beds quite frequently!
    I agree- My daughter and I clean her room every weekend, that includes under the bed. Very weird. Can't imagine the parents not suspecting something!

I wanted to post something similar the minute I read this. But, I don't have kids and thought, OK maybe this is possible.

This guy couldn't have hid out under the bed 24/7. did he dig a latrine, put in a wetbar for snacks and drinks, install a doggy door to go out and play??

I have a feeling mom knew something about this relationship but because of the age difference was afraid of some legality issues?? Just my honest thoughts.

"Mommy, he followed me home! Can I keep him?"
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard
    "Mommy, he followed me home! Can I keep him?"
    Ok honey but he must stay under your bed and if he's pees in the floor even once, he's outta here!!

Quote Originally Posted by LisainWV
    Ok honey but he must stay under your bed and if he's pees in the floor even once, he's outta here!!
    So, three months with no job and he wants to take on the support of a pre-teen? He will return her just as soon as his cellphone bill comes in.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

I'm wondering what the rest of her house looked like.
    She apparently didn't have great housekeeping skills not to notice a grown man in her home on cleaning day.

The Bed

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006520347,00.html

The link above contains a photo of the bed. There is also one of Scott Jennings.

Thank you for posting the articles Marie.

Regards,

Montana

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006520347,00.html

The link above contains a photo of the bed. There is also one of Scott Jennings.

Thank you for posting the articles Marie.

Regards,

Montana
    Thanks for the link to the bed picture. It's so tall! Easier to understand how the mother didn't notice, but I'm left wondering how in the heck he got under there?!! Out and then back in?

My husband and I have a high king-sized bed. The underside of the bed is completely enclosed with drawers on each site. We store a few blankets in this space, but hardly ever open the doors unless we have a vistor who might need an extra blanket. Quite frankly, someone could easily hide under there without us knowing it. And, we're not dirty people. It's carpeted and enclosed.

Looking at this young girl's bed, I can see why he was able to hide there. If the mom worked and the girls were at school, he had access to food, a TV, shower, washing machine/dryer. At night, he had access to the daughter. Such a deal!

I can see how he got away with it.....soo creepy.
    Above is my opinion only

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast