1168 users online (256 members and 912 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

An amazing case of mistaken identity

This is really amazing.....I cannot believe the similarities!

NORTH PLATTE, Neb. -- A 17-year-old girl who was wrongly locked in jail for seven days might be feeling terribly lucky. But anyone who sees the pictures that freed her would understand.

http://www.post-trib.com/news/crime/...mazing.article

That poor girl, but I'm sure even she understood after seeing the pictures side by side.

Wrong!

Apart from colouring, she does NOT, IMO, look like the perp. and she was NOT listened to by those who incarcerated her.

thank god this was sorted out.

she is very, very nice to be so 'understanding'.

Gee, thanks for putting me in my place. Perhaps a bigger font next time? I meant she understood that they looked alike, not understood how terribly she was treated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2threestooges
    Gee, thanks for putting me in my place. Perhaps a bigger font next time? I meant she understood that they looked alike, not understood how terribly she was treated.

'Gee', i'm not 'putting you in your place' at all. i'm screaming 'wrong' at them for incarcerating the young woman.

it was a terrible, terrible thing to do.

and her 'understanding' is giving into them and letting them get away with it.

i do not attack posters. i'm sorry you took it that way. sorry you lost your temper.

#p.s. i couldn't make it a bigger font, otherwise i would have!

Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    Wrong!

Apart from colouring, she does NOT, IMO, look like the perp. and she was NOT listened to by those who incarcerated her.

thank god this was sorted out.

she is very, very nice to be so 'understanding'.
    I think aside from their noses that they could be twins- these girls look so much alike. They even have the identical hair style.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2threestooges
    This is really amazing.....I cannot believe the similarities!

NORTH PLATTE, Neb. -- A 17-year-old girl who was wrongly locked in jail for seven days might be feeling terribly lucky. But anyone who sees the pictures that freed her would understand.

http://www.post-trib.com/news/crime/...mazing.article

That poor girl, but I'm sure even she understood after seeing the pictures side by side.
    You're absolutely right, Mom2threestooges, the similarites in these two girls are amazing! Wow.

A lot of people who get thrown in jail say "You've got the wrong person!" The fact that they didn't listen to her is because it's a typical statment made the person incarcerated.

They could be twins! Thanks for posting this.

Eyes: Amanda Sylvester - close together.

Eyes: Kayce Schildhauer- wider apart.

Ears: Amanda Sylvester - normal.

Ears: Kayce Schildhauer - pronounced.

JMO.

well maybe they were separated at birth?

I think it happened because people named her as the suspect, due to similarities. The police grabbed the "name" not just the "look". Good thing they found the other girl or this one may have been locked up for a long time!

I think they look very much alike (even the earrings). You know what they say, "We all have a twin." Well, this girl's met hers and I bet she doesn't like her much!!

Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    Eyes: Amanda Sylvester - close together.

Eyes: Kayce Schildhauer- wider apart.

Ears: Amanda Sylvester - normal.

Ears: Kayce Schildhauer - pronounced.

JMO.

well maybe they were separated at birth?
    Looking at the two photos together their slight differences can be noticed. But to have one without the other, or just looking at a photo of just one of them, it's pretty hard to distinguish them. I can see how the mistake was made.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae
    Looking at the two photos together their slight differences can be noticed. But to have one without the other, or just looking at a photo of just one of them, it's pretty hard to distinguish them. I can see how the mistake was made.
    I agree SadieMae....it's easy to distinguish the subtle differences when viewing the photos next to each other. Even then, the differences are extremely subtle. I can certainly see how the mistake was made, too.

Quote Originally Posted by LisainWV
    I think they look very much alike (even the earrings). You know what they say, "We all have a twin." Well, this girl's met hers and I bet she doesn't like her much!!
    I'll bet you're right! I thought having someone in my town with my name who bounces checks all over the place was bad enough. I'll put it in perspective now. I'd rather have a bit of difficulty writing a check for some Chinese Take Out than be in jail for this person!
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    wow! These girls look sooo alike! That poor kid having to spend time in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by julianne
    I agree SadieMae....it's easy to distinguish the subtle differences when viewing the photos next to each other. Even then, the differences are extremely subtle. I can certainly see how the mistake was made, too.
    I know I'd be ready to swear on a stack of Bibles SHE was the one I saw if I were an eye witness to the crime. Makes me re-think all the cases where the perps were sent to prison based on eye witnesses alone...
    If I were ever on a jury where that's all there is to go on, I'd have a lot of doubt.

The girls definitely resemble each other and a mistake could be made. I still feel the misidentified girl would not be tooooooo pleased.

A case of mistaken identity took place in my family many years ago, and once the FBI visited our home, things came together quickly. Eyewitness accounts are usually not that accurate. After seeing this, I would be hesitant to identify a person too, yet I would still try my best.

Gozgals

http://www.post-trib.com/news/crime...Amazing.article

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast