An amazing case of mistaken identity

Reaction score
Website
www.jrbuilders.com
This is really amazing.....I cannot believe the similarities!

NORTH PLATTE, Neb. -- A 17-year-old girl who was wrongly locked in jail for seven days might be feeling terribly lucky. But anyone who sees the pictures that freed her would understand.

http://www.post-trib.com/news/crime/130967,Amazing.article

That poor girl, but I'm sure even she understood after seeing the pictures side by side.

Wrong!

Apart from colouring, she does NOT, IMO, look like the perp. and she was NOT listened to by those who incarcerated her.

thank god this was sorted out.

she is very, very nice to be so 'understanding'.

Gee, thanks for putting me in my place. Perhaps a bigger font next time? I meant she understood that they looked alike, not understood how terribly she was treated.

Mom2threestooges said:
Gee, thanks for putting me in my place. Perhaps a bigger font next time? I meant she understood that they looked alike, not understood how terribly she was treated.

'Gee', i'm not 'putting you in your place' at all. i'm screaming 'wrong' at them for incarcerating the young woman.

it was a terrible, terrible thing to do.

and her 'understanding' is giving into them and letting them get away with it.

i do not attack posters. i'm sorry you took it that way. sorry you lost your temper. :(

#p.s. i couldn't make it a bigger font, otherwise i would have! :)

Floh said:
Wrong!

Apart from colouring, she does NOT, IMO, look like the perp. and she was NOT listened to by those who incarcerated her.

thank god this was sorted out.

she is very, very nice to be so 'understanding'.
I think aside from their noses that they could be twins- these girls look so much alike. They even have the identical hair style.

Mom2threestooges said:
This is really amazing.....I cannot believe the similarities!

NORTH PLATTE, Neb. -- A 17-year-old girl who was wrongly locked in jail for seven days might be feeling terribly lucky. But anyone who sees the pictures that freed her would understand.

http://www.post-trib.com/news/crime/130967,Amazing.article

That poor girl, but I'm sure even she understood after seeing the pictures side by side.
You're absolutely right, Mom2threestooges, the similarites in these two girls are amazing! Wow.

A lot of people who get thrown in jail say "You've got the wrong person!" The fact that they didn't listen to her is because it's a typical statment made the person incarcerated.

They could be twins! Thanks for posting this.

Eyes: Amanda Sylvester - close together.

Eyes: Kayce Schildhauer- wider apart.

Ears: Amanda Sylvester - normal.

Ears: Kayce Schildhauer - pronounced.

JMO. :)

well maybe they were separated at birth? :dance:

I think it happened because people named her as the suspect, due to similarities. The police grabbed the "name" not just the "look". Good thing they found the other girl or this one may have been locked up for a long time!

I think they look very much alike (even the earrings). You know what they say, "We all have a twin." Well, this girl's met hers and I bet she doesn't like her much!!

Floh said:
Eyes: Amanda Sylvester - close together.

Eyes: Kayce Schildhauer- wider apart.

Ears: Amanda Sylvester - normal.

Ears: Kayce Schildhauer - pronounced.

JMO. :)

well maybe they were separated at birth? :dance:
Looking at the two photos together their slight differences can be noticed. But to have one without the other, or just looking at a photo of just one of them, it's pretty hard to distinguish them. I can see how the mistake was made.

SadieMae said:
Looking at the two photos together their slight differences can be noticed. But to have one without the other, or just looking at a photo of just one of them, it's pretty hard to distinguish them. I can see how the mistake was made.
I agree SadieMae....it's easy to distinguish the subtle differences when viewing the photos next to each other. Even then, the differences are extremely subtle. I can certainly see how the mistake was made, too.

LisainWV said:
I think they look very much alike (even the earrings). You know what they say, "We all have a twin." Well, this girl's met hers and I bet she doesn't like her much!!
I'll bet you're right! I thought having someone in my town with my name who bounces checks all over the place was bad enough. I'll put it in perspective now. I'd rather have a bit of difficulty writing a check for some Chinese Take Out than be in jail for this person!

wow! These girls look sooo alike! That poor kid having to spend time in jail.

julianne said:
I agree SadieMae....it's easy to distinguish the subtle differences when viewing the photos next to each other. Even then, the differences are extremely subtle. I can certainly see how the mistake was made, too.
I know I'd be ready to swear on a stack of Bibles SHE was the one I saw if I were an eye witness to the crime. Makes me re-think all the cases where the perps were sent to prison based on eye witnesses alone...
If I were ever on a jury where that's all there is to go on, I'd have a lot of doubt.

The girls definitely resemble each other and a mistake could be made. I still feel the misidentified girl would not be tooooooo pleased.:twocents:

A case of mistaken identity took place in my family many years ago, and once the FBI visited our home, things came together quickly. Eyewitness accounts are usually not that accurate. After seeing this, I would be hesitant to identify a person too, yet I would still try my best.

Gozgals

http://www.post-trib.com/news/crime...Amazing.article

I thought there was quite a similarity in their looks too- enough similarities that I can understand the mistaken identity. Thankfully the innocent one was freed! (I hope my "twin" lives very, very far away- especially if she is prone to criminal activity! LOL!)

SadieMae said:

I have seen identical twins with as many slight differences as these two have. I wonder what their birthdates are.

SewingDeb said:
I have seen identical twins with as many slight differences as these two have. I wonder what their birthdates are.
I was thinking this, too!

I once found my "twin" looking at me from the front of a brochure in a store. I did a double take when I saw a picture of myself looking back at me. This woman even had the same haircut as me. I was shocked. I picked up the brochure and took it home. When placed side by side with photos of me, anyone would have identified us as the same person. I showed it to co-workers and family, everyone agreed that this woman was identical, at least in this photo. Years later I found another photo of her in an article about the same company, she and I looked completely different.

Uncorroborated testimony of eyewitnesses who are not actually acquainted with the person they identify should be taken as just another piece of evidence. I would be very reluctant to convict based solely on that testimony.

TheShadow said:
I once found my "twin" looking at me from the front of a brochure in a store. I did a double take when I saw a picture of myself looking back at me. This woman even had the same haircut as me. I was shocked. I picked up the brochure and took it home. When placed side by side with photos of me, anyone would have identified us as the same person. I showed it to co-workers and family, everyone agreed that this woman was identical, at least in this photo. Years later I found another photo of her in an article about the same company, she and I looked completely different.

Uncorroborated testimony of eyewitnesses who are not actually acquainted with the person they identify should be taken as just another piece of evidence. I would be very reluctant to convict based solely on that testimony.
I once saw my twin in a photo up at the Del Mar Fair, unfortunately I never got to meet her, but she looked identical to me. Most people who tell me I look like someone, I look nothing like...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog
Back