Jack Palance is Dead

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Our local news just reported that Jack Palance has died in California.

RIP Jack! You'll be missed.

Oh dear! Doesn't seem that long ago since he was doing push ups at the Oscars or some award show.

Mabel said:
Maybe he'll come back as his brother.

RIP Jack

Ha! Got it. We'll miss you Curly (wasn't that his character name?)

I love Jack Palance. Sad day.

He was great as Curly in City Slickers, but I think his best part was a crazy old coot in Baghdad Cafe.

RIP Jack!

Curly was my husband's hero cuz he was the man who ate bacon with every meal! RIP Jack.

He had a great career---Always remembered him in Barabbas(1961), an epic film set in ancient Rome,where he played an evil chariot rider, trying to kill Anthony Quinn in the arena---also memorable in Shane(1953)-- and Attack(1955),with Lee Marvin ,a brutal anti-war film---His unusual face,with those high cheekbones,made him a natural to play heavies--his daughter was in the business too,on TV I think---luckily,she looked nothing like her father,tho---RIP Jack

Great obit in LA Times today---Like Charles Bronson, Palance grew up in a coal--mining town in Pennsylvania--Palance ,went to college on a football scholarship,dropped out and become a boxer--had 12-2 record--served in WW!! in the Air Force--but his plane crashed, and he was injured so severely, he had to undergo facial reconstruction--tried to become a journalist,then got into acting on the stage,eventually becoming Marlon Brando's understudy.....and the rest is history---Palance had a 1000 acre ranch in California but his true home was a heavily forested 500 acre farm in Pennsylvania---A painter,poet,and he had a great love for trees---Palance was married and had three children

A shame.One of the last of the'old' school actors. I think he would have been a really interesting guy. RIP Jack.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back