LA LA - Vicki Carriere, 18, Waggaman, 12 July 1987

Richard

Reaction score
Vicki Carriere
Missing since July 12, 1987 from Waggaman, Jefferson Parish, Louisiana.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: September 28, 1968
Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5; 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Curly blonde hair; green eyes. Fair complexion. Petite build.
Marks, Scars, Tattoos: Carriere has a tattoo of a small, yellow rose on her right ankle. She has a crippled finger on her left hand.
Clothing: She was last seen wearing a white maternity shirt with "Baby" imprinted in black lettering and dark blue shorts.
Medical Conditions: Carriere was 9 months pregnant at the time of her disappearance. Her child was due on August 7.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Carriere was last seen at approximately 5:00 PM on July 12, 1987. She was with her boyfriend at the Time Saver on River Road in their hometown of Waggaman, Louisiana at the time. The boyfriend went into the store while she waited in the car.

He later told authorities he was gone only a few minutes. When he returned, the car was there but she was gone. So was a bundle of her clothes she was taking to her parents home from her boyfriend's place. Carriere planned to return to her home on Azalea Drive, but she never arrived and has not been seen again.

Carriere worked as a clerk at Avondale Shipyard.

Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Carriere's whereabouts, please contact:
Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office
Sergeant Lisa Lunsford
504-832-2300
E-Mail missingperson@jpso.com

All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

Agency Case Number: G-18620-87
NCIC Number: M-143521712
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office
The Times-Picayune 8/25/87
The Doe Network: Case File 307DFLA

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/307dfla.html

Bumping and adding a couple of links

h6td.jpg

Vicki Carriere, missing from Waggaman, LA, since July 12, 1987

Namus

The Charley Project

I hope her parents soon get the closure they seek. I saw her picture on our news today her dad broke my heart, it must be so hard not knowing even after this long :( Anyway my hubby used to date her, he had no idea she was missing only found out when they showed her on the news today, actually he heard the name and looked up, and was like I used to date her! He knew her up until about a year or two before she disappeared.... Here is the news story they showed today:

Parents hope new spotlight on daughter missing over 20 years brings answers

Vicki Carriere was 18 years old and 8 1/2 months pregnant when she went missing in the summer of 1987. Her body was never found and no one was ever charged in her disappearance.

The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office said her boyfriend, Joseph Phillips, was a suspect but refused to take a polygraph.

He said Carriere disappeared from a store parking lot in Waggaman. Phillips died in 2002.

There is a video at the link: http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/new-orleans/parents-hope-new-spotlight-on-daughter-missing-over-20-years-brings-answers/25181874

Age last seen: 18
Age now: 47
Race: White female
Hair color: Blond/strawberry
Eyes Color: Green
Height: 65.0
Weight: 120.0
Scars and Marks: yellow rose on unknown ankle

CLOTHING: white maternity top with "baby" printed in black letters;
dark blue shorts.

Vickie Carriere was last seen at convenience store in Waggaman, LA.

Anyone that has seen or may know the whereabouts of Carriere is asked to contact Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office

Namus https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4904/71

Hi everyone, I'm new here, so please let me know if my posting this question is against the rules!

Does anyone know if Vickie is related to Vernon J. Carriere Sr. and Vernon J. Carriere Jr.? If not then I'm sorry for posting this, they are actually two doctors that I see in Jefferson Parish and when I found out about Vickie's case it struck me that they could be related. My dad also recalls knowing a girl named Vickie back then, and Waggeman is a small area and he visited there a lot. He can't remember if he knew her, though. He's only a year younger than she is, so I'm sure they had crossed paths before she went missing.

Hi everyone, I'm new here, so please let me know if my posting this question is against the rules!

Does anyone know if Vickie is related to Vernon J. Carriere Sr. and Vernon J. Carriere Jr.? If not then I'm sorry for posting this, they are actually two doctors that I see in Jefferson Parish and when I found out about Vickie's case it struck me that they could be related. My dad also recalls knowing a girl named Vickie back then, and Waggeman is a small area and he visited there a lot. He can't remember if he knew her, though. He's only a year younger than she is, so I'm sure they had crossed paths before she went missing.
Not sure if they are related to us. Could’ve been my grandpas dad. Vickie is my aunt, my dads sister. They could’ve possibly crossed paths. She was also dating Joseph Phillips whenever she went missing.

Not sure if they are related to us. Could’ve been my grandpas dad. Vickie is my aunt, my dads sister. They could’ve possibly crossed paths. She was also dating Joseph Phillips whenever she went missing.

2bd87073_welcomeflowerpots.gif
Brittany

This case has always haunted me live across the river from Waggaman

Wasn't her BF a suspect at one time ?

Had spoken to someone that lives in the area a few years ago believe their were some inconsistences in his statement

Last edited:
Vicki Carriere – The Charley Project
Vicki Carriere

• vicki_carriere_1.jpg
Carriere, circa 1987

• Missing Since07/12/1987
  • Missing FromWaggaman, Louisiana
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth09/28/1968 (50)
  • Age18 years old
  • Height and Weight5'5, 120 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA white maternity shirt with the word "Baby" imprinted in black lettering and dark blue shorts.
  • Medical ConditionsCarriere was eight and a half months pregnant at the time of her July 1987 disappearance.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Blonde hair, green eyes. Carriere has a yellow rose tattoo on her right ankle. One of her left fingers is disabled. Her name may be spelled "Vickie."
Details of Disappearance
Carriere was last seen in her hometown of Waggaman, Louisiana on July 12, 1987 at approximately 5:00 p.m. She was with her boyfriend at the Time Saver (now the EZ Serve) on River Road at that time.

Carriere was supposed to return to her home on Azalea Drive shortly thereafter, but she never arrived. She has not been seen again.

Her boyfriend, Joseph Phillips, is considered a suspect in her disappearance and he refused to take a polygraph test. He was never charged in her case, however, and he died in 2002. Carriere's disappearance remains unsolved.

2bd87073_welcomeflowerpots.gif
Brittany

This case has always haunted me live across the river from Waggaman

Wasn't her BF a suspect at one time ?

Had spoken to someone that lives in the area a few years ago believe their were some inconsistences in his statement
I’m sorry this is so many years later. I forgot I joined this website. He was a suspect at the time and is still suspected by our family. He is dead though so not much can happen there. What kind of inconsistencies? Any information would be helpful to my family!

Vickie and Elaine
Vicki Carriere, age 18 (left) and her mother Elaine Carriere (right)

From a 2022 article:

In March of 2014, Elaine Carriere told WDSU-TV, “It never gets easier. Every day is harder after you lose a child.”

Journalists first interviewed Elaine in August of 1987 when she told The Times-Picayune newspaper her 18-year-old daughter had vanished one month earlier.

In both interviews, Elaine, and her husband, Scott, begged for news of their missing daughter. “Please, anyone watching, just some input,” Elaine pleaded, “That’s all we ask. Somebody must know something.”

Vickie Lynn Carriere, a petite 18-year-old from Waggaman, Louisiana, expected to have a baby the day reporter Jonathan Eig interviewed her parents. They told him Vickie’s doctor described the mother-to-be and her baby boy as healthy. Scott and Elaine, excited, looking forward to the day they would hold their grandson, paid the hospital bills in advance.

However, that day never came.

According to Joseph Phillips, the father of Vickie’s child, near five in the evening on July 12, 1987, he and Vickie stopped at a Time Saver convenience store at 8692 River Road in Westwego, less than a half mile from Elaine and Scott’s home. Joseph Phillips told police Vickie wanted a Coke, and he wanted chocolate milk.

He went into the store while she waited in the car. He returned to the car minutes later to find his fiancé, along with her bundle of clothes, gone.

After the couple had stayed at the Phillips family’s fishing camp on Bayou Villars Road in Laffite, Joseph Phillips said he was taking Vickie back to her parents’ home.

Scott and Elaine’s small house at 382 Azalea Drive was well-kept. Outside, dogs ran on a green lawn. Inside, four children routinely watched television and prepared their homework for school. After Vickie’s disappearance, visiting reporters found the home decorated with family pictures, including a large photograph of Vickie on the living room wall, her face beaming from a frame of long golden hair...

LINK:

I have the impression that the boyfriend has a lot to do with here... I don't think he disappeared directly from her, I think someone followed them or maybe she was waiting for him at the time saver store... if they had kidnapped her at random They would not have taken the clothes or the bundle of clothes they were carrying... beautiful young and pretty teenager... perhaps the boyfriend's infidelity or he no longer wanted to become a father...
either way
rest in peace

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member