NJ NJ - Charlotte Loomis, 14, Eatontown, 1 Sept 1972

Sounds like her sister and BIL may have something to do with her never showing up. Maybe they checked her luggage in so it would look like she disappeared at that point??

I agree completely. It just seems crazy that this case is not solved. I also wonder why she was living with her sister to begin with.

Knowing why she was living with her sister may offer a clue as well. Maybe she didn't want to go home??

I googled her and found next to nothing. Is she listed anywhere other than Doenetwork?

I can't finder her on any other missing persons website. I think that is strange too. She is not even listed on the state of New Jersey's missing persons website.

It's also strange that they list her SS# on the website. You think they'd want to keep that private in case somebody might try to use it for nefarious purposes. I wonder, too, what the family situation was.

there should be some info as to how she was getting to the airport. If someone took her, who was it? what time?

Strange case - it's almost like absolutely no one (including family) cared what happened to this little girl.

her eyes look so dark in the picture, but they list them as blue.

What purpose would it serve to list her SS#?

I'm guessing they assumed her to be a runaway and thought she wouldn't take great pains to hide it - meaning, she would eventually get a job and use her real ss#. Maybe someone would recognize it?

I don't know. LE could have kept an eye on it and it doesn't seem to be a reason for actually making it public?

Maybe she did run away. Makes me wonder how many people run away forever.

maybe if we get enugh people involved in her case we can send a letter over or contact the le in charge of her case and see if they can offer us additional info. maybe she checked her luggage at the port and then walked off the flight? or did she even get on the flight?

bumping up post.

So either she got on the flight and got off and went elsewhere or her luggage was checked but something happened to her at the airport?

35 years ago...

Here is an updated link.
---------------------------------
Charlotte Jean Loomis
Missing since September 1, 1972 from Eatontown, Monmouth County, New Jersey.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: March 26, 1958
Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0 - 5'3"; 105 - 115 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes. She is left-handed.
Marks, Scars: She has a previous fracture to one arm. She also has a scar on her forehead.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Loomis had been living with an older sister and her husband who was stationed at the army base in Eatontown, New Jersey. Loomis was expected to arrive on a flight to Detroit, Michigan where her parents lived. All that arrived was her luggage. She has not been seen or heard from since.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
The Doe Network
E-MailL doenetadminteam@gmail.com

NCMEC #: NCMC972345
NCIC Number: Not listed
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source:
The Doe Network: Case File 1206DFNJ

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1206dfnj.html

I would really like to get more information on this case. I happen to be friends with a relative of hers, sounds like there were some family issues. I know that she has been ruled out on a couple of other DOES but I am not sure where to go from there.

This puts me in mind of something that happened years ago. On a flight to Paris, our plane landed in Amsterdam for refueling. Two girls got off the plane for whatever reason. When the flight took off again, these two girls were not on the plane; left behind were their passports, purses, everything. And I might add, the flight attendants didn't seem to care. I wonder if the Loomis girl checked her luggage, then accidently missed her flight. Was her ticket even used that day? Or ever? Wasn't there a passenger list for LE to check if she boarded or not?

I really wish more information was available for this case.

I have spoke with the PD about this case as well as tried to get information from the airport. I was unsucessful, and told that no one really keeps anything that old. I was also hoping that someone could tell me what happend to her luggage. I think my friend told me that her mom and step father left the luggage at the airport. I will have to check. All I know is that last time my friend started asking questions she was discreetly asked not to drag the past back into the present. I personally thought that it was the step father. He was the reason that she orginally went to stay with her sister in the first place. He is now deceased, but I would sure like to look at the old farm that she used to live at. I will see if I can get more info.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back