PA - Teens Arrested On Child Abuse Charges

ajc2804

Reaction score
For the second time in two weeks, charges have been filed against parents for allegedly brutally abusing their infant.

Police said Jennifer Mayes and Daniel Brehm, both 18, told police they dropped their 5-month-old daughter Daniella several times, sometimes catching the infant by her ribs and arm. Brehm also told police there were times he didn't feed the baby for eight or more hours

Both were arraigned on several charges and were released on unsecured bond.

Mayes' mother said Mayes suffered from severe post-partum depression. The infant was subsequently placed in the care of Brehm, who is the infant's father and Mayes' fiancee.

In August, Daniella was taken to Memorial Medical Center for hemorrhaging in her eyes. Three weeks later, the infant was taken to Windber Hospital for right arm and rib fractures. She was subsequently transferred to Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh.

**more at link and Picture*

http://www.wjactv.com/news/10327587/detail.html

ajc2804 said:
For the second time in two weeks, charges have been filed against parents for allegedly brutally abusing their infant.

Police said Jennifer Mayes and Daniel Brehm, both 18, told police they dropped their 5-month-old daughter Daniella several times, sometimes catching the infant by her ribs and arm. Brehm also told police there were times he didn't feed the baby for eight or more hours

Both were arraigned on several charges and were released on unsecured bond.

Mayes' mother said Mayes suffered from severe post-partum depression. The infant was subsequently placed in the care of Brehm, who is the infant's father and Mayes' fiancee.

In August, Daniella was taken to Memorial Medical Center for hemorrhaging in her eyes. Three weeks later, the infant was taken to Windber Hospital for right arm and rib fractures. She was subsequently transferred to Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh.

**more at link and Picture*

http://www.wjactv.com/news/10327587/detail.html
Here's a visual...stand them up against a wall , and blow their freaking good for nothing brains out. I'm so sick of these so called parents doing this stuff to their kids.

bakerprune64 said:
Here's a visual...stand them up against a wall , and blow their freaking good for nothing brains out. I'm so sick of these so called parents doing this stuff to their kids.
I am gonna load my gun! :mad: I am too so sick & tired of these a-holes myself. People (I really don't consider anyone who hurts a child or animal human) like these 2 worthless pieces of crap should be given the same treatment their baby endured. Remember "an eye for an eye & a tooth for a tooth"...

More from the article...this part I especially like!

Mayes' mother said her daughter and Brehm are living in a Hollsopple apartment. She said the infant did not deserve the abuse, and said Mayes and Brehm "deserve what they get."

Apparently I am naive.:doh: I still cannot fathom anyone harming a child. How could anyone bring themselves to do this??

ajc2804 said:
Here's what I really can't wrap my mind around. I've survived severe post-partum depression (I say survived, because that's all it was...apparently in 1990, assessing for PPD didnt exist, or if it existed, teenage welfare single mothers didn't "deserve" such consideration, but I digress). In the hospital, when I just laid curled up in the bed with my back to the door, the curtain drawn around my bed (in my private room), lights out, door shut, not eating, the only thought (if that's what it can be called) was that I wanted out of my own skin. There was never an urge or inkling to hurt my baby....I did feel very sorry for him for being stuck with me for a mother, but to want to harm him? Never.

Now that he's 16, I'm sure he feels very sorry for himself for being stuck with me for a mother, lol.

Anyway, my point being that all of my experience with PPD (dealt with it with DD also), and with depression during pregnancy (during my pregnancy with DD, I had planned my suicide and was patiently waiting till after DD was born and safe before I did it), all the harmful thoughts and "badness" were toward ME. And honestly, I thought that was the "norm" with PPD.....that if a PPD mother were to harm anyone but herself, it would be the father (because she'd perceive him as a threat to the baby).

I just don't get it :(

I don't understand, after they admit to dropping the baby and the guy admits he sometimes didn't feed the baby for up to 8 hours.....THEY GAVE THE BABY TO HIM!!!! Am I missing something???

kayceebee said:
I don't understand, after they admit to dropping the baby and the guy admits he sometimes didn't feed the baby for up to 8 hours.....THEY GAVE THE BABY TO HIM!!!! Am I missing something???
Thats what ive been sitting here trying to figure out...

kayceebee said:

You're not missing anything but somebody is!

I think it basically boils down to these jerks being self-centered, "it's all about me" jerks who don't deserve to walk on the planet with decent people. They are angry at the attention the child requires and ultimately take out their anger at having to share the world with the child, who is now the center of attention. I wish them a hotter shade of Hell.

Daniel Evan Brehm

Dispostion Date: 12/31/2007

Charge 1: 3 counts Simple Assault - Dismissed
Charge 2: 3 counts Aggravated Assault - Dismissed
Charge 3: Reckless Endangerment - Guilty Plea - 3 years PROBATION
Charge 4: Endangering the Welfare of a Child - Guilty Please - 2 years PROBATION

Probation is concurrent, so even that is only 3 years.

Jennifer Lee Mayes

Disposition Date: 01/02/2008

Charge 1: Simple Assault - Dismissed
Charge 2: Aggravated Assault - Dismissed
Charge 3: Reckless Endangerment - Dismissed
Charge 4: Endangering the Welfare of a Child - Guilty Plea - 2 years PROBATION

I have to stop for the day now, because I am going to go blow a fuse somewhere.

wow what the heck? they abused her...they got her back, and they abused her again.

and they get nothing. probation and the rest is dismissed.

i hope the district attorney got destroyed when he ran for re electionl.

I am sorry-what? What's with the plea deal? Now they can do it again?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back