Cat mates with dog...pics at link

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
:confused: http://www.nypost.com/seven/11172006/news/nationalnews/its_mating_cats_and_dogs_nationalnews_.htm

November 17, 2006 -- Here's the offspring of the world's strangest mixed marriage - a cat that allegedly had sex with a dog and produced a litter of, well, pittens. Or is that kuppies?

Brazilian teen Cassia Aparecida de Souza claims that kitty Mimi had six babies three months after her liaison with a dog named Dog. The three babies that looked more like dogs survived, while the ones that looked more like cats died at birth. A geneticist from Brazil's Passo Fundo University plans to test the "pups" to see if they are really related to the cat.

I am not buying it:razz:

I didn't think this was biologically possible............

Looks like they put a puppy up next to the cat. The other thing I can't see well enough to tell what kind of animal it is.

It is a hoax. But a fun one.:) I enjoyed looking at the pics. Just went to Ripley's last week and I enjoy things like this, even when they aren't true.

Are they sure the dog isn't not really a he but a she and it had the puppies and maybe the cat is mothering them?

I really don't believe this to be possible or we would have all sorts of intersting little creatures running around.

amandab said:
I didn't think this was biologically possible............

:waitasec: The pictures sure are cute, but it's a hoax, not buying into it either. I'm positive we would see a bunch of these little fella's running around by now, or a couple mixes of other animals......

Wonder what my rabbit and cat would look like?:eek:

Gozgals

Gozgals said:
:waitasec: The pictures sure are cute, but it's a hoax, not buying into it either. I'm positive we would see a bunch of these little fella's running around by now, or a couple mixes of other animals......

Gozgals
Bet they would be soft, furry and way tooooo cute!!! I'd buy one for sure :D

ISPTRAX said:
Speculation is the cat had the kittens in a field, the kittens died, and the cat is nursing some female dog's puppies for her for some reason. I wish they'd announce the DNA results!!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/NEWS/World/Rest_of_World/Brazilians_get_caught_in_cat__puppy_catch/articleshow/496910.cms
Uh Oh, did the cat abduct some poor dogs babies? Maybe we should move this thread to the missing forum and see if anyone can idenitfy some missing puppies, lol.

mjak

:laugh: :laugh:
good one !

mjak said:
Uh Oh, did the cat abduct some poor dogs babies? Maybe we should move this thread to the missing forum and see if anyone can idenitfy some missing puppies, lol.

mjak

Gozgals said:

Gozgals
Cats and Rabbits actually can mate, or so my bio prof has said...they are called cabbits, hehe

hahaha I want one, here is a cabbit

cabbit04a.jpg

coldcasedetective said:
Cats and Rabbits actually can mate, or so my bio prof has said...they are called cabbits, hehe
Thanks for the information Coldcasedetective. They sure are cute and I won't try to do any experiments MYSELF at home!

BAD_BUTTERFLY--- That looks like my rabbit! He's a rather large animal, never expected him to get sooooo big.;)

I want a cabbit now too.

Gozgals

mjak said:

mjak
The woman was trying to pull a scam; they did blood tests and the puppies and cat are not related.

Cats and rabbits can't mate. No such thing as Cabbits.....
but if there was ..... I bet they would taste like chicken....if you could catch them...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back