Rape Law Reform Angers Pakistan Islamists

Details

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/11/17/world/main2192884.shtmlSimply unbelievable. The Islamists are mad that a woman can now say she was raped with less than 4 male direct witnesses. Without this law, if she alleges rape without 4 male witnesses backing her story up, she's considered an adulterer, and punished. The Islamists think this is the right thing to do. Even with the sop of an added ban on premarital sex, they're still furious that this law passed.

Can people with beliefs like this really coexist with civilized society? I'm very discouraged. :banghead:

Rape is already a common tool of revenge and settling tribal scores in Pakistan. The independent Human Rights Commission of Pakistan estimated in 2002 that a woman is raped every two hours and gang-raped every eight hours.

Too bad the radical extremist, tribal people are now winning over the moderate reformists. Musarraf (sp) is falling back on his promises; I suspect he is worried about being assassinated. The afghan/pakistan border tribal problems have gotten worse; these simply are people that have not wanted or been made to be "civilized".

I can't imagine the horror of women living that way; I guess they just stay home and don't go out at all. Beat the towels on the rocks, build the fire, cook the goat.

Of course we gave Musaref nuclear concessions for the promise to cooperate after 9-11. They have nukes now, they can eventually threaten India with. Border Taliban training problems of youth still a huge problem; that is what is feeding the decline in Afghanistan.

Terrible shame IMO.

You have to have 4 male witnesses? I would presume that if 4 men were witnessing something like that,then the rape would not be occurring? Wouldn't they be stopping it instead?
I truelly don't understand how Muslam women rally around this religion that surpresses them. Women's groups from around the world should unite in outrage.

hockeymom said:
You have to have 4 male witnesses? I would presume that if 4 men were witnessing something like that,then the rape would not be occurring? Wouldn't they be stopping it instead?
I truelly don't understand how Muslam women rally around this religion that surpresses them. Women's groups from around the world should unite in outrage.

What women rally? If they're stuck in the tribal system, how can they change it or leave?

Oh you mean "outside Muslim women, more fortunate"? I totally agree with your last statement; women's groups from around the world.......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back