993 users online (168 members and 825 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59
  1. #1

    Mel Gibson makes the Frigid 50

    LOS ANGELES (AP) - Two decades after being chosen as People magazine's sexiest man alive, Mel Gibson now tops a very different kind of list - Film Threat's annual "Frigid 50: The Coldest People in Hollywood."
    The independent film website on Friday named Gibson No. 1 among the "least-powerful, least-inspiring, least-intriguing people in all of Tinseltown," following the anti-Semitic remarks he made during his arrest on suspicion of drunken driving

    http://www.canada.com/topics/enterta...0b5463&k=67216

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    On the bank of Lake Pontchartrain
    Posts
    1,777
    Ya know, I wish they'd let it go. It really doesn't do anyone any good to keep rubbing it his face or ours.

    He's not the first idiot on the planet, nor will he be the last. I know lots of racist and anti-semitic fools, I ignore them too. To keep harping on it gives it more weight than it deserves, it's not like he's ever professed to be a scholar or an idol for others to look up to. They are acting like he's something special or something.

    We (as in the world we) have our priorities all screwed if THIS is news worthy for longer than 2 secs.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,594
    He's still HOT in my book.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,778
    Mel needs to visit the Museum of Tolerance in LA. That might change his tune.

    I was there a couple of weeks ago, and believe me it is a very eye-opening experience.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    19,111
    Quote Originally Posted by BhamMama
    Ya know, I wish they'd let it go. It really doesn't do anyone any good to keep rubbing it his face or ours.

    He's not the first idiot on the planet, nor will he be the last. I know lots of racist and anti-semitic fools, I ignore them too. To keep harping on it gives it more weight than it deserves, it's not like he's ever professed to be a scholar or an idol for others to look up to. They are acting like he's something special or something.

    We (as in the world we) have our priorities all screwed if THIS is news worthy for longer than 2 secs.
    In an ideal world, I would agree with you. But Gibson has gotten a free ride with his nonsense for many years now. He's mega rich and not in danger of going hungry; if he is made an example for awhile, so be it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,195
    I think it's sad. Once a powerful, great, (good looking) man now reduced to "Frigid 50." I always thought he was great. One of my favorites. And, in my heart I just can't say mean things about him or against him. He did wrong and spoke wrong but I think I'll always feel the same toward him. I just can't seem to help myself.

  7. #7
    Mel Gibson had the great good fortune to get caught driving under the influence. He got caught before he could kill himself or anyone else.

    Alcoholism is a disease of denial. When you get busted for a DUI and you are a Hollywood star its hard to deny your problem.

    Anti-semitism is a problem of ignorance. Ignorance means that we are ignoring something. We literally do not see our problem. Mel Gibson was recorded saying anti-semitic remarks while intoxicated. He has the great good fortune for all the world to have heard his remarks. It will be difficult for him to stay in ignorance.

    He is quite lucky.

    I do not feel sad for him at all.

    He has the opportunity to wake up. Since he fashions himself a leader of religious movie making it is all the more fortunate for him that he was caught and will be getting reminders like this "award".

    I have never found anti-semitism, homophobia and misogynism particularly attractive whatever his "physical attribute" myself. He has a long history of foot in his mouth disease.

    I hope he gets cured one day.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,374
    Windovervocalcords and Nova: quite agree--I still see him as an absolute disgrace, poisoned in part by his father---He definitely does need to visit that Museum Of Tolerance....but it still won't help his public image much---What he said will haunt his career forever

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hamilton
    Windovervocalcords and Nova: quite agree--I still see him as an absolute disgrace, poisoned in part by his father---He definitely does need to visit that Museum Of Tolerance....but it still won't help his public image much---What he said will haunt his career forever
    I have always liked mel but I am disgusted by the horrible things he has said and you are right, he was poisoned in part by his father. Not to mention the drinking and driving that could have took out an innocent family or person.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,374
    Michelle, yes I've always liked him too--He's made a lot of good movies and his 1984 film The Bounty is one of my all-time favorites---just still can't figure out why he couldn't keep his mouth shut


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,139
    He's apologized repeatedly for his drunken behavior. He's getting help for his alcoholism.

    And the crowd shouted: Crucify him!!!!!!!!!!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrity
    He's apologized repeatedly for his drunken behavior. He's getting help for his alcoholism.

    And the crowd shouted: Crucify him!!!!!!!!!!
    That is ridiculous. Mel is hardly Jesus.

    Have many times have you watched Passion of the Christ? The blood and gore has gone to your head.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrity
    He's apologized repeatedly for his drunken behavior. He's getting help for his alcoholism.

    And the crowd shouted: Crucify him!!!!!!!!!!
    GIMME A BREAK!!!
    The man's an antisemitic drunken fool, who acted as if he is more pious than the rest of us mere mortals. He knows how to talk the talk. Now let's see if he can walk the walk.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,139
    Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords
    Mel is hardly Jesus.
    You don't say??
    I'm glad you acknowledge he's a mere mortal -- just like the rest of us.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,594
    Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords
    That is ridiculous. Mel is hardly Jesus.

    Have many times have you watched Passion of the Christ? The blood and gore has gone to your head.
    I believe the analogy Ntegrity makes is between the "crowd" and not the "crucified" and she's spot on. IMO

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Onlookers pull 3 children from car in frigid Utah river
    By rabidstoat in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 11:01 PM
  2. Mel Gibson
    By Floh in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 346
    Last Post: 09-28-2006, 09:09 PM
  3. Cat survives three frigid days in snowbank
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2005, 10:29 PM