1128 users online (224 members and 904 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,749

    Coping with the Holidays when Someone You Love is Missing

    Coping with the Holidays when Someone You Love is Missing

    For help with coping with the holiday season, please read our blog entries here:

    Part I: Project Jason-Voice for the Missing: 11/18/06 Coping with the Holidays When Someone You Love is Missing, Part I

    Part II: Project Jason-Voice for the Missing: 11/18/06 Coping with the Holidays When Someone You Love is Missing, Part II

    (These entries will also be helpful for someone who has lost a loved one through death.)

    Kelly Jolkowski,
    Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
    President and Founder, Project Jason
    Project Jason - Assistance for families of the missing
    Read our Voice for the Missing Blog
    Project Jason-Voice for the Missing

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,186

    What you guys have written is excellent and so thoughtful...

    ...It really resonates with me, as I am sure it does with everyone who reads it...This is some of the best material I have seen on the most difficult of topics. Truly, everyone should read this. Thank you for everything you do!

    Thank you for sharing this with us, and peace to you this holiday season,

    cappuccina

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,330
    Thanks Kelly. For some odd reason I lose relatives around Thanksgiving. It seems they try to hang on for the holidays, but can't quite make it.

    Bless all of you who are still waiting this holiday season.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,749
    Thank you.

    Again, we can thank TEAM Hope for allowing me to share it. It's helped me, too, and I know it will be helpful to many more.

    Kelly

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly
    Thank you.

    Again, we can thank TEAM Hope for allowing me to share it. It's helped me, too, and I know it will be helpful to many more.

    Kelly
    -------------
    Kelly it does help.My husband just passed on Aug.31,we lost our daughter years ago on Nov. 15th,or family also has suffered so many losses at holidays.One friend actually asked me once why so many of our family died at holidays!! The woman is a dear sweet person but dense~like how would I know! We have a 6 year old boy so Granddaughter,her husband, and I will make it a happy one for him.When my cousin and I were growing up (like sisters) we wondered why Christmas at our house was never quite as it was at other houses,my cousin was being raised by our grandmom~well when cousin was 3 months old her mom died and grandmmom took her,one of twins.The father wanted the boy but not the girl!grandmom and my mom never got over it...(neglected to say Aunt Norma died on Dec. 23,funeral day after Christmas).
    My Buffy. He lives in Heaven now
    with my loved ones..xoxox

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Nore
    -------------
    Kelly it does help.My husband just passed on Aug.31,we lost our daughter years ago on Nov. 15th,or family also has suffered so many losses at holidays.One friend actually asked me once why so many of our family died at holidays!! The woman is a dear sweet person but dense~like how would I know! We have a 6 year old boy so Granddaughter,her husband, and I will make it a happy one for him.When my cousin and I were growing up (like sisters) we wondered why Christmas at our house was never quite as it was at other houses,my cousin was being raised by our grandmom~well when cousin was 3 months old her mom died and grandmmom took her,one of twins.The father wanted the boy but not the girl!grandmom and my mom never got over it...(neglected to say Aunt Norma died on Dec. 23,funeral day after Christmas).
    You definetely have had your share of losses, holiday, and otherwise. I'm so sorry!

    Kelly

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    970
    Dear Kelly,

    I pray God Blesses you and your family and gives you strength through the holiday's. You do so much to help others, you are truly an amazing person in my eyes..

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,749
    Thanks, Straitfan.

    The transcript from our last family member chat, Coping with the Holidays, is now posted on the Project Jason blog.

    As with the 2 blog entries on the same topic, the transcript may also provide useful insight for families with deceased loved ones.

    http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com...ly-member.html

    Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
    President and Founder,
    Project Jason
    http://www.projectjason.org
    Read our Voice for the Missing Blog
    http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Armpit, AR
    Posts
    5,350

    Post

    Kelly, I plan on reading the articles posted. Last year's holidays were terrible after my BIL died. There are still many questions about what really happened, but this year's Thanksgiving wasn't near as bad. We actually shared good memories of him this year.

    Thank you for everything you do!!!!

    tezi
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

    The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,749
    That's good, tezi. It sounds like the family is taking appropriate steps to cope with the loss.

    Many blessings,
    Kelly


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Armpit, AR
    Posts
    5,350

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly
    That's good, tezi. It sounds like the family is taking appropriate steps to cope with the loss.

    Many blessings,
    Kelly
    Kelly,

    It would be so much easier if his girlfriend would just tell the truth about what really happened, then maybe there would be more closure. I'm not sure closure is the proper word, but I think you understand what I mean.

    Christmas is going to be tough, it was always his favorite holiday. But, I am hoping things will be easier than last year.

    My daughter is expecting her first baby, and if the baby is a boy, she plans on giving the baby if it's a boy the middle name William, after her Uncle Billy. Even my husband said tonight, if the baby is a boy, we probably will just call him Billy after Billy. And there were no tears. So, my husband is doing much better. Last year at this time, I had real fear he was going to kill himself. He and his brother were so close. It seems he's made it through the worst part though.
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

    The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.



Similar Threads

  1. Coping with the Holidays When Someone you Love is Missing
    By believe09 in forum Families of the Missing-Resources, helps, tips
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 10:38 AM