1306 users online (293 members and 1013 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

ceramic box need help

i got a ceramic antique looking box from the church rummage sale is red rose color with a rose and two green ceramic leaves on the cover of the box on the bottom it says Maschan's Creations i did a google search and ebay search with no luck. i found out my grandma also has the same one but in yellow and has had it for ages but does not remember where she got it from. does anyone know what im talking about?

No, but it sounds cool! You could always ask the director of the rumage sale if she remembers who donated it. Maybe you could find out more about it that way.

Scandi

i did but things came in boxes a few weeks in advance and she had no way of knowing who donated it

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

almost the flower is the same concept but the box is square and its shinny they used a glooss on the paint ill take some pictures and post them up

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Ceramic-...QQcmdZViewItem

I think you may have a cigarette box. Yes?

sorta like that but not quite the edges on the box have a fancy shape to them ill take pictures and post them up for everyone

Here's a suggestion since you have the company name stamp on it. I have seen several major newspapers that have a columnist that responds to readers about antiques by identifying them and even gives values. They're usually in the lifestyle section. Good luck.

Do you have a lot of russion immigrants in your area? Maschan is a common russian surname and it is possible that this is a piece made as someone's "craft project" and given as a gift. I know that it probably does not look handmande but you would be amazed at the kits and products available. I took a ceramics class about two years and the things the crafty people could make looked like they came straight from the factory. Maybe try looking up the last name "Maschan" in your local yellow pages and a few surrounding suburbs or cities. Just a thought...

It's sounds like you have a vintage 1940's-1950's cigarette box, made by one of the California pottery companies.