Michael "Kramer" Richards - a racist?

Wow. That's pretty creepy to watch.

The N word is so powerful. I recently came off of a jury trial that involved lots of wire taps of the Defendant's phone conversations. They used the N word constantly and affectionately in their private discussions with each other - they were all black men and close friends.

At one point during deliberations, we were reading transcripts of some of the phone conversations and I had to read aloud in front of other black jurors these conversations with the N word in it. I felt very uncomfortable even though I knew my fellow jurors knew I was just reading someone else's words.

I can't remember the first time I heard that word, but I knew right away that it was vile.

I don't have any problem that many black people today have taken it back over for themselves - I find that empowering.

But certainly, in this video, it was crazy and unnecessary. I think he was flustered by being heckled and wanted to hurt his hecklers - which most stand-up comedians abhor. I don't know if he is a racist or was just going for the jugular and thought it might turn out funny. Either way, it's not a choice I would have made.

WoW, is all I can really say at the moment.

I read lots of the commments too some of those were pretty scary to read.

Well, I'm a Seinfeld nut, or used to be--we don't watch the reruns anymore too much---Well, this looks more inexcusable behavior, more racist comments from another rich entertainer--He needs to publicly apologize and then enter rehab...any kind of rehab lol

The jerks a racist pig. I don't have patience for this nonsense.

I was happyto see so many people walking out. Guess that will be the end of Richard's career.

Jacobi said:
http://www.tmz.com/2006/11/20/kramers-racist-tirade-caught-on-tape/

I'm a Seinfeld fan, but this will taint the show forever. What a shame...

i agree 100%. mr. izzyB and i adored this show, but how can we ever look at it in the same light knowing what we now know about michael richards?

jerry seinfeld is to be on one of the late night talk shows tonite, monday...maybe letterman??? i wonder if this will be mentioned?!

what a complete shame. if this is really how he feels i hope show biz is through with him b/c he contributes nothing to society with that type of attitude.

izzyB said:
i agree 100%. mr. izzyB and i adored this show, but how can we ever look at it in the same light knowing what we now know about michael richards?

jerry seinfeld is to be on one of the late night talk shows tonite, monday...maybe letterman??? i wonder if this will be mentioned?!

what a complete shame. if this is really how he feels i hope show biz is through with him b/c he contributes nothing to society with that type of attitude.
Jerry Seinfeld has already responded:

http://www.tmz.com/2006/11/20/seinfeld-on-kramer-tirade-im-sick/

He used very poor judgement in trying to shut a heckler up, certainly.

HOWEVER - The heckler can't talk anymore - he shouted racist names back.

If you're going to claim to be offended by a behavior, you can't do it yourself.

That said: Everyone ELSE in the audience that was TRUELY offended - who simply got up and left - who never heckled to begin with - I feel terrible for them and their evening being ruined.

GlitchWizard said:
He used very poor judgement in trying to shut a heckler up, certainly.

HOWEVER - The heckler can't talk anymore - he shouted racist names back.

If you're going to claim to be offended by a behavior, you can't do it yourself.

That said: Everyone ELSE in the audience that was TRUELY offended - who simply got up and left - who never heckled to begin with - I feel terrible for them and their evening being ruined.

Amen!

Mabel said:
I can't get the video to load. Maybe that's a good thing.
Short version:

Heckler being rude.
Kramer guy over reacting - handles it poorly.
He tries to impromptu make it funny by handling it even more poorly.
Uses the "N" word. The heckler continues to heckle. Becomes a shouting match between the two. The "N" word is spouted, the word "Cracker" is spouted, and then the heckler starts to use the "F" word. Back and Forth - just like the fights you saw back in high school, only without the shoulder to shoulder circling.

It's clear the show is over. Some people leave. Kramer dude leaves.

michelle said:
He went off the deep end, what a pig!
I remember the time I was stressed out and blew it in front of a classroom of 5th graders. They were treating the "real" teacher SO BADLY and were great for me. It made the teacher become jealous and horrid to ME - so I confronted the class and said (and I quote) "You are treating her like POND SCUM" (in the middle of my tirade about their poor behavior.)

One kid goes back and says "Miss Barbara called us Pond Scum."

I felt like the Kramer dude does now. "Oh Crap! I lost it."

(That doesn't mean he wasn't a pig. I guess I was saying I was once a pig too.) :)

GlitchWizard said:
I remember the time I was stressed out and blew it in front of a classroom of 5th graders. They were treating the "real" teacher SO BADLY and were great for me. It made the teacher become jealous and horrid to ME - so I confronted the class and said (and I quote) "You are treating her like POND SCUM" (in the middle of my tirade about their poor behavior.)

One kid goes back and says "Miss Barbara called us Pond Scum."

I felt like the Kramer dude does now. "Oh Crap! I lost it."

(That doesn't mean he wasn't a pig. I guess I was saying I was once a pig too.) :)
Well screaming the "N" word is clearly being a pig, lol...I dont think you qualify. :D

Well...pond scum and the "N" word are two different things, that produce two different images in my head.

2luvmy said:
Well...pond scum and the "N" word are two different things, that produce two different images in my head.
Exactly, what was "kramer" thinking. I mean clearly it wasnt funny at all! I would demand my money back. I would have been so mad if I was there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back