Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 161

Thread: NJ - Atlantic City Murders, 4 Women Found Dead behind Motel, Egg Harbor Twp, Nov 2006

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17

    NJ - Atlantic City Murders, 4 Women Found Dead behind Motel, Egg Harbor Twp, Nov 2006

    horrible!

    (CBS/AP) EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, N.J. The bodies of four dead women were found Monday afternoon behind a motel outside Atlantic City, authorities said.

    The bodies were found face down in several inches of water in a ditch, said Janet Niedosik, a spokeswoman for the Atlantic County prosecutor's office.

    <modsnip>
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/05/ny...anted=all&_r=0

    http://crime.about.com/b/2006/11/27/...antic-city.htm

    http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs...nclick_check=1
    Last edited by bessie; 08-13-2013 at 12:19 AM. Reason: added working links

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to detecto For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    808
    Wow! That is horrible. Is there any other information about this?
    The article was VERY vague.
    Justice for Jonbenet!

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,694
    Probably the victim's relatives have not even been found and notified yet.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In a crazy world
    Posts
    2,950
    O....M....G. This is really bad news: shocking ... Lord, assuming these 4 may have known one another: it's even scarier to think we 'travel in numbers for safety purposes'. Thoughts to family and relatives.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Posts
    14,557
    This sounds like an execution. I wonder if this is casino related.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Beyond Belief For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief
    This sounds like an execution. I wonder if this is casino related.

    Most likely prostitution and/or drugs. The neighborhood is very, very seedy.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to luthersmama For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    1,702
    Strangulation Indicated In Atlantic City Women's Murders



    POSTED: 8:19 pm EST November 20, 2006
    UPDATED: 4:07 pm EST November 21, 2006

    Atlantic County Prosecutor Jeffrey Blitz said examinations on the other three women are under way, with no cause of death issued

    Blitz said all four women were placed in the ditch, facing east.


    He said that a ligature was used in the strangulation death. The woman strangled in the case had been in the ditch for several days.


    All four women in the ditch were white, investigators said.


    There are indications the women may have been placed in the ditch at different times, but investigators were waiting for examinations to be completed.


    Also, the women in the ditch were not bound, officials said. The three others had been in the ditch longer that the first victim, based on evidence of decomposition.


    Two of the women were in there 20s, investigators said.
    More at link below............................................. ....................
    http://www.nbc10.com/news/10366575/detail.html

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In a crazy world
    Posts
    2,950
    Quote Originally Posted by opme
    Strangulation Indicated In Atlantic City Women's Murders



    POSTED: 8:19 pm EST November 20, 2006
    UPDATED: 4:07 pm EST November 21, 2006

    Atlantic County Prosecutor Jeffrey Blitz said examinations on the other three women are under way, with no cause of death issued

    Blitz said all four women were placed in the ditch, facing east.


    He said that a ligature was used in the strangulation death. The woman strangled in the case had been in the ditch for several days.


    All four women in the ditch were white, investigators said.


    There are indications the women may have been placed in the ditch at different times, but investigators were waiting for examinations to be completed.


    Also, the women in the ditch were not bound, officials said. The three others had been in the ditch longer that the first victim, based on evidence of decomposition.


    Two of the women were in there 20s, investigators said.
    More at link below............................................. ....................
    http://www.nbc10.com/news/10366575/detail.html
    Facing EAST? Could it be a coincidence - or were all 4 actually POSITIONED (post death) to specifically face east?

    Please note the following: I stress, with utmost respect, that this post is definitely not political or racial or discriminatory in any way: I am merely posting an opinion in accordance to experience and knowledge of certain religious burials.

    Also, the 'facing east" could ALSO be pointing in the direction/location of a different clue altogether.

  12. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Posts
    14,557
    East would be sunrise.

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,403
    Sounds like a serial killer's burying place.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to southcitymom For This Useful Post:


  15. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom
    Sounds like a serial killer's burying place.
    That is what im thinking now the information of strangulation has come out and the fact that they were murdered at different times. The murderer/s could have stayed at the motel for several days.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to detecto For This Useful Post:


  17. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In a crazy world
    Posts
    2,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief
    East would be sunrise.
    True, BB.... and .... There is one faith that place every head facing east. The body remains straight ... only the face is turned toward the east...

  18. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by PolkSaladAnnie
    True, BB.... and .... There is one faith that place every head facing east. The body remains straight ... only the face is turned toward the east...
    This is the only thing I found about east-west positioning....

    Slaves were buried east to west, with the head facing east and their feet to the west. This positioning represented the ability to rise without having to turn around at the call of Gabrielís trumpet. Gabrielís trumpet would be blown in the eastern sunrise. East-west positioning also was the direction of home, Africa.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burial

    What religion does this facing east thing???
    "Life ain't hard, just get a job and don't kill anybody." by richandfamous

    "Even my moderation is excessive." by richandfamous

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to richandfamous For This Useful Post:


  20. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,348
    Mohamud Atta's last will and testament

    He wanted to be buried facing east.

    (after reading that...wow, that guy really didn't like women at all.)
    "Life ain't hard, just get a job and don't kill anybody." by richandfamous

    "Even my moderation is excessive." by richandfamous

  21. #15
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Posts
    14,557
    Maybe that's his pick up line...........let's watch the sun come up. I agree he probably frequents the motel. I hope they move quickly on this. If they were local gals, why aren't they reported missing? Where is he picking them up at? when their identified it will help with the pattern of his movements.

  22. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    Wouldn't he have had to have them lined up or as LE might say posed for them to make a connection that the way they were laid was deliberate? I do know of a middle eastern guest at a hotel I was at one time requesting a room that faced east as it had something to do with his religion he said. I also wondered why they made it a point to state that all four women were white?

  23. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,403
    Quote Originally Posted by detecto
    That is what im thinking now the information of strangulation has come out and the fact that they were murdered at different times. The murderer/s could have stayed at the motel for several days.
    I'm very interested to find out the estimated time of death for each woman.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

  24. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,286

    Angry

    It is so sad that someone can be dead for days and nobody is even aware they are missing. Such a tragedy and hopefully they can find the scumbag that did this to these women. Nobody deserves to be done this way regardless of their lifestyle.
    Save the Earth! It is the only planet with chocolate.

    Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet.
    ~ Unknown

  25. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    A more recent report with more info on the victims:
    http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_324214931.html

  26. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,239
    Quote Originally Posted by richandfamous
    This is the only thing I found about east-west positioning....

    Slaves were buried east to west, with the head facing east and their feet to the west. This positioning represented the ability to rise without having to turn around at the call of Gabriel’s trumpet. Gabriel’s trumpet would be blown in the eastern sunrise. East-west positioning also was the direction of home, Africa.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burial

    What religion does this facing east thing???

    The Lord (Jesus) is supposed to return and we'll see him in the East. I thought that most cemetaries in the U.S. bury people facing the East.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to txsvicki For This Useful Post:


  28. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,772
    Today's paper points out that "facing east" ends up with them facing Atlantic City. It is probably just coincidence. If he was carrying them over his shoulder with their heads hanging down his back and flopped them each into the ditch they would all end up pointing pretty much the same way.

    As to their race, it appears to me that the police are just hoping to get id's so they are putting out race, height, weight, hair color and clothing info. They only have one positive id so far.

  29. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,860
    They were all found face down, in the mud, heads pointing east............weird

    I really hope the media & LE stays on this and people remain concerned. All to often, they don't seem to care much about dead whores.

  30. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    They were all found face down, in the mud, heads pointing east............weird

    I really hope the media & LE stays on this and people remain concerned. All to often, they don't seem to care much about dead whores.
    Have they actually confirmed that these are prostitutes?

  31. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,860
    Quote Originally Posted by opme
    Have they actually confirmed that these are prostitutes?
    No, but that's the impression they're putting out there based on the preliminary evidence.

  32. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    5,605
    There has been a string of disappearances and killings in Harford County, Md. of similar type victims. There's a 2 hour distance between belair, md. and egg harbor, nj. The bodies found in Md. were oddly enough placed same location at different times. I know they have a suspect for one of those and six sexual assaults however the living witnesses are all said to be prostitutes who claimed the suspect went beyond what was agreed to. That is just crazy and being from the area I know how LE are there and that area of Harford County would be screaming for LE to solve this. I see a lot of similarities though and serial killers will move around so I hope they check this possibility.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 08-08-2014, 09:24 PM
  2. Atlantic City Man, woman found dead in room at Revel
    By Eileen730 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-11-2013, 11:54 PM
  3. NJ Two Canadian Women Stabbed To Death In Atlantic City
    By Filly in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-11-2013, 05:42 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 01:38 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •