GUILTY NY - Peggy Perez-Olivo, 55, shot to death, Millwood, 18 Nov 2006

Wow, I remember a case that sounded like these same "circumstances". They made a TV movie out of it. The husband and wife were driving off some desolate part of the road when they thought they had a flat tire or something. And the husband got out of a car. He had gotten hit over the head with a tire iron and the wife was shot and died.

Turned out the husband had mounting debt and a mistress, and hired someone to kill her.

Two of their sons stood by their dad while one was sure he had her murdered. Eventually, the oldest son came around and also thought the dad was guilty, but the youngest son still believes he is innocent. I know the father was convicted, but I don't remember if he got the death penalty or life in prison?

The two situations sound a little bit similar but I guess it's too early to tell.

So he just happen to be driving on an isolated, unlit, forested area of a extremely deserted area of road, and his wife just happen to be shot in the head, and he was only shot in the stomach. She died, and he lived. Well if he was the target, it would be the other way around, or they both would have died.

He just happens to be a disbarred and disgraced lawyer, he just happen to be taking a less direct route home.

Gee, I wonder why.

Let me think, no witnessess............I think he hired someone and told them where he would be and when. Then they "just happen" to come across him and just happen to kill his wife.

CyberLaw said:
So he just happen to be driving on an isolated, unlit, forested area of a extremely deserted area of road, and his wife just happen to be shot in the head, and he was only shot in the stomach. She died, and he lived. Well if he was the target, it would be the other way around, or they both would have died.

He just happens to be a disbarred and disgraced lawyer, he just happen to be taking a less direct route home.

Gee, I wonder why.

Let me think, no witnessess............I think he hired someone and told them where he would be and when. Then they "just happen" to come across him and just happen to kill his wife.
Just read this blurb in the Rocky Mountain News. We have these little short items that appear for News around the World and Around the Nation. Same thing went through my mind too. Also they are looking for survelience tapes at a nearby gas station. Something smells funny. But, given his disbarment because of refusing to return clients money, then it's possible it's an angry former client. Or, then again, made to look like one. Mmmmmmm....

Before I answer, I would like to know if the husband was in debt, if he had a life insurance policy on his wife and/or if he had a mistress.

I would also like to know why he was driving in the area that he was in and if the wife lives or dies.

If the husband were the target, you'd think that the husband would have been shot in the head. Also, why shoot the wife at all??

If you want someone to die shoot them in the head. If you dont shoot elsewhere , I would think. I think the hubby is guilty or hired a hitman.

cynpat2000 said:
If you want someone to die shoot them in the head. If you dont shoot elsewhere , I would think. I think the hubby is guilty or hired a hitman.
I've heard that a wound to the stomach is often fatal, too. Many people might not know this, though.

It's really sad how this forum jades us... we suspect/expect the worst of people before any or all of the facts come to light... :(

It's really sad how this forum jades us... we suspect/expect the worst of people before any or all of the facts come to light...
frown.gif
I thought it was a discussion board?

Isn't this what LE does, or detective's, private eyes, whatever when trying to solve a case?

just asking!

Class-z said:
I thought it was a discussion board?

Isn't this what LE does, or detective's, private eyes, whatever when trying to solve a case?

just asking!
I never said it wasn't a discussion board... discuss away...

But it really is sad to come into a thread and see people immediately start to place the blame on the husband. The facts are not out about this case. There is, I'm sure, more to be discovered.

I too am guilty of "rushing to judgment". But this forum jades us (And I'm including myself here...) into thinking the worse about spouses/SOs before the facts are in.

They live in an upscale neighborhood, so they possible are driving a new or newer SUV. My Explorer doors lock automatically when you start driving. So if they had been driving and this "perp" entered through the door in the back seat, well....someone in the driver seat had to hit the unlock button.
Smells like rotting fish to me.

wow, I remember a case that sounded like these same "circumstances". They made a TV movie out of it. The husband and wife were driving off some desolate part of the road when they thought they had a flat tire or something. And the husband got out of a car. He had gotten hit over the head with a tire iron and the wife was shot and died.

Turned out the husband had mounting debt and a mistress, and hired someone to kill her.

Two of their sons stood by their dad while one was sure he had her murdered. Eventually, the oldest son came around and also thought the dad was guilty, but the youngest son still believes he is innocent. I know the father was convicted, but I don't remember if he got the death penalty or life in prison?

You are referring to the Marshall case in Tom's River NJ. I believe he was sentenced to life. She was killed coming home from Atlantic City. Joe McGinnis wrote a book about it, it is called "Blind Faith." One of the son's, Robbie I think, is married to Tracey Gold the TV actress.

The two situations sound a little bit similar but I guess it's too early to tell.[/QUOTE]

Momto3 said:
wow, I remember a case that sounded like these same "circumstances". They made a TV movie out of it. The husband and wife were driving off some desolate part of the road when they thought they had a flat tire or something. And the husband got out of a car. He had gotten hit over the head with a tire iron and the wife was shot and died.

You are referring to the Marshall case in Tom's River NJ. I believe he was sentenced to life. She was killed coming home from Atlantic City. Joe McGinnis wrote a book about it, it is called "Blind Faith." One of the son's, Robbie I think, is married to Tracey Gold the TV actress.

The two situations sound a little bit similar but I guess it's too early to tell.
[/QUOTE]
yep, that's the movie!! I couldn't remember the name! Thank you.

Momto3 said:

[/QUOTE]

Robert Urich and Joanna Kerns starred in the TV movie.

I don't think that I am jaded, I look at all available facts.

You look at all information shared by LE.

When I read an update today the police said that it was unusual sounding...

The disbarred lawyer has not implemented any "security" at this home also. If one would think that some one killed my spouse, shot me, you bet your bottom dollar that I would have "extra ordinary" security at my home, and take all necessary steps "because the killer is still out there".

Also the vehicle that he was driving, is "believed" to have a feature that enables it to automatically lock its doors when the vehicle is in gear, that would make it impossible for someone to open up the back door and he told investigators that is what happened.

Before he was disbarred in Puerto Rico before he was disbarred in New York, in Puerto Rico he "mishandled" 25K in payment from a client.

So he was disbarred in New York for not returning money that did not belong to him, and charging for work not done.

Does anyone see a theme here, about money...........I wonder what her life insurance policy was worth........

nanandjim said:
I've heard that a wound to the stomach is often fatal, too. Many people might not know this, though.
Thank you ! I didnt know that, I still vote he had something to do with it though..

I agree with Cynpat, I vote that in some way shape or form, that yes he did have something to with the murder also.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back