991 users online (205 members and 786 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Not Of This World
    Posts
    21,642

    Bush's daughter robbed in Argentina


    Bush's daughter robbed in Argentina


    U.S. and Argentine media reported that one of President Bush's 24-year-old twin daughters had her purse stolen while being guarded by the Secret Service during a visit here.


    ABC News, citing unidentified law enforcement reports, reported on its Web site Tuesday that Barbara Bush's purse and cell phone were taken while she was dining in a Buenos Aires restaurant.

    La Nacion newspaper, citing anonymous government sources, said in its online edition early Wednesday that one of Bush's daughters had her purse taken Sunday afternoon in the popular tourist district of San Telmo.

    More at link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061122/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/argentina_bush_daughter_purse&printer=1




    Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

    Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

    10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

    Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

    Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,682
    I wonder if Bush et al are now going to invade Argentina......or a whole "planeload" of FBI agents are going to go to Argentina to find the thief.

    Or maybe a meeting with the President of Argentina with Bush et al, to "address" the issue of his daughters purse being taken.

    Hummmmm.........

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,749
    It makes one wonder how good 'security' really is for the Bush twins, hmm?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,719
    She should wear a belt wallet or fanny pack. many countries like Italy and many South American or Central American are notorious for pick pockets, purse theft. I'm surprised about Argentina, thought it was a pretty safe country to travel.

    The pick-pocket probably didn't know who she was or that there were Secret Service agents there. Pretty funny that the SS was there "watching".

    Our tax dollars at work.....yeah funny, let's invade Argentina.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,682
    Marthatex: No offense was intended, it was a joke. I do not want any more men or women dying because of "yet" another war or invasion.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,719
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberLaw
    Marthatex: No offense was intended, it was a joke. I do not want any more men or women dying because of "yet" another war or invasion.
    No I got the joke; I thought it was funny.

    I noticed Barbara was down there; I had understood she was working as some kind of White House appointment. So she goes to Argentina with Jenna?

    Jenna quit her Harlem job of last year, and evidently took a job teaching in South America I had read. That article says "one month".

    I don't really know what they are doing for sure, but I have a feeling our tax dollars are not being used for the best purposes, is what I'm saying.

    Are we paying secret service to guard them as they "party on"... or to do legitimate activities? They're really pretty hush hush always about what Barbara and Jenna are doing.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberLaw
    I wonder if Bush et al are now going to invade Argentina......or a whole "planeload" of FBI agents are going to go to Argentina to find the thief.

    Or maybe a meeting with the President of Argentina with Bush et al, to "address" the issue of his daughters purse being taken.

    Hummmmm.........
    I had the same thought---oh dear. Must be a holdover from Bush's Iraq follow up on Daddy's war.

    I am sorry young Ms Bush had this experience. I always wear a money belt when I travel.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Not Of This World
    Posts
    21,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex
    No I got the joke; I thought it was funny.

    I noticed Barbara was down there; I had understood she was working as some kind of White House appointment. So she goes to Argentina with Jenna?

    Jenna quit her Harlem job of last year, and evidently took a job teaching in South America I had read. That article says "one month".

    I don't really know what they are doing for sure, but I have a feeling our tax dollars are not being used for the best purposes, is what I'm saying.

    Are we paying secret service to guard them as they "party on"... or to do legitimate activities? They're really pretty hush hush always about what Barbara and Jenna are doing.
    The children of sitting Presidents are always guarded by Secret Service regardless of what they do...party, save the world, whatever. It's standard while the President is in office.


    Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

    Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

    10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

    Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

    Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

  9. #9
    Heckuva job brownie.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,648
    In the story it said that at no time were they in danger. But it also says two men got the purse from under the table.

    That sounds too close for comfort to me. Seems to me they were not being protected very well if they got that close.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,682
    Most people if not all, get a money belt, which includes document and money.

    I wonder why this "bright" daughter thought it was just fine to put her purse on the floor, as an "invitation" to theft in a tourist area.

    Heck I don't even do that in my City, in North America, lest someone steal the purse when I am chattting and eatting and ordering from the waiter.

    Seem like This daughter "has the same intelligence" or similar intelligence as dear old Dad.
    Last edited by CyberLaw; 11-23-2006 at 12:04 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    The children of sitting Presidents are always guarded by Secret Service regardless of what they do...party, save the world, whatever. It's standard while the President is in office.
    But it costs more to go to Argentina to party than to New York City.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,682
    Well it is not like the press in Argentina is going to report the "party" behavior of the daughter, she only made the news when her purse was stolen.

    Most people would not care, nor pay any attention to the daughter of the US president in Argentina party hardy behavior, they would most likely report on news that "interests" Argentine residents, like crime, politics etc.

    But in New York, you can bet that her behavior would be "in the media" especially if she was partying with "others" who make the news.

    Besides who is paying for the daughter, I can theorize a guess, the US taxpayers. So I am sure she is not concerned if it cost more, or not.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2014, 06:04 PM
  2. Argentina - Man charged w/ incest - fathered 10 children with own daughter
    By Texas Mist in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-26-2010, 10:13 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 11:59 PM