Bush's daughter robbed in Argentina

Dark Knight

Reaction score
ap_small.gif

Bush's daughter robbed in Argentina

U.S. and Argentine media reported that one of President Bush's 24-year-old twin daughters had her purse stolen while being guarded by the Secret Service during a visit here.

ABC News, citing unidentified law enforcement reports, reported on its Web site Tuesday that Barbara Bush's purse and cell phone were taken while she was dining in a Buenos Aires restaurant.

La Nacion newspaper, citing anonymous government sources, said in its online edition early Wednesday that one of Bush's daughters had her purse taken Sunday afternoon in the popular tourist district of San Telmo.

More at link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061122/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/argentina_bush_daughter_purse&printer=1

I wonder if Bush et al are now going to invade Argentina......or a whole "planeload" of FBI agents are going to go to Argentina to find the thief.

Or maybe a meeting with the President of Argentina with Bush et al, to "address" the issue of his daughters purse being taken.

Hummmmm.........

It makes one wonder how good 'security' really is for the Bush twins, hmm?

She should wear a belt wallet or fanny pack. many countries like Italy and many South American or Central American are notorious for pick pockets, purse theft. I'm surprised about Argentina, thought it was a pretty safe country to travel.

The pick-pocket probably didn't know who she was or that there were Secret Service agents there. Pretty funny that the SS was there "watching".

Our tax dollars at work.....yeah funny, let's invade Argentina.

Marthatex: No offense was intended, it was a joke. I do not want any more men or women dying because of "yet" another war or invasion.

CyberLaw said:
Marthatex: No offense was intended, it was a joke. I do not want any more men or women dying because of "yet" another war or invasion.

No I got the joke; I thought it was funny.

I noticed Barbara was down there; I had understood she was working as some kind of White House appointment. So she goes to Argentina with Jenna?

Jenna quit her Harlem job of last year, and evidently took a job teaching in South America I had read. That article says "one month".

I don't really know what they are doing for sure, but I have a feeling our tax dollars are not being used for the best purposes, is what I'm saying.

Are we paying secret service to guard them as they "party on"... or to do legitimate activities? They're really pretty hush hush always about what Barbara and Jenna are doing.

CyberLaw said:
I wonder if Bush et al are now going to invade Argentina......or a whole "planeload" of FBI agents are going to go to Argentina to find the thief.

Or maybe a meeting with the President of Argentina with Bush et al, to "address" the issue of his daughters purse being taken.

Hummmmm.........
I had the same thought---oh dear. Must be a holdover from Bush's Iraq follow up on Daddy's war.

I am sorry young Ms Bush had this experience. I always wear a money belt when I travel.

Marthatex said:
No I got the joke; I thought it was funny.

I noticed Barbara was down there; I had understood she was working as some kind of White House appointment. So she goes to Argentina with Jenna?

Jenna quit her Harlem job of last year, and evidently took a job teaching in South America I had read. That article says "one month".

I don't really know what they are doing for sure, but I have a feeling our tax dollars are not being used for the best purposes, is what I'm saying.

Are we paying secret service to guard them as they "party on"... or to do legitimate activities? They're really pretty hush hush always about what Barbara and Jenna are doing.
The children of sitting Presidents are always guarded by Secret Service regardless of what they do...party, save the world, whatever. It's standard while the President is in office.

In the story it said that at no time were they in danger. But it also says two men got the purse from under the table.

That sounds too close for comfort to me. Seems to me they were not being protected very well if they got that close.

Most people if not all, get a money belt, which includes document and money.

I wonder why this "bright" daughter thought it was just fine to put her purse on the floor, as an "invitation" to theft in a tourist area.

Heck I don't even do that in my City, in North America, lest someone steal the purse when I am chattting and eatting and ordering from the waiter.

Seem like This daughter "has the same intelligence" or similar intelligence as dear old Dad.

Dark Knight said:
The children of sitting Presidents are always guarded by Secret Service regardless of what they do...party, save the world, whatever. It's standard while the President is in office.

But it costs more to go to Argentina to party than to New York City. :)

Well it is not like the press in Argentina is going to report the "party" behavior of the daughter, she only made the news when her purse was stolen.

Most people would not care, nor pay any attention to the daughter of the US president in Argentina party hardy behavior, they would most likely report on news that "interests" Argentine residents, like crime, politics etc.

But in New York, you can bet that her behavior would be "in the media" especially if she was partying with "others" who make the news.

Besides who is paying for the daughter, I can theorize a guess, the US taxpayers. So I am sure she is not concerned if it cost more, or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back