FL FL - Trenton Duckett, 2, Leesburg, 27 Aug 2006

CW

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lake County's Sheriff Chris Daniels died Saturday night during an accident at a charity event in Volusia County.

Sheriff Chris DanielsSheriff Chris Daniels was killed at the New Smyrna Speedway Saturday night during the 5th annual Battle of the Badges event.

In the event, top law enforcement officers from Central Florida race school buses to raise money for the Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches, hosted by Volusia County Sheriff Ben Johnson.

Daniels was celebrating his 47th birthday and competing with other area sheriffs in the event
http://www.cfnews13.com/StoryHeadline.aspx?id=19418

Oh, MY....this is awful. That poor man and his poor family. :(

Terrible news and on his birthday...very sad for his family.

This is sad news indeed :( .. Prayers for this man's family and loved ones

How awful. It says he was just remarried in July and leaves 3 children and a stepdaughter. It also says he was a very compassionate sheriff.

Very sad indeed; BUT I can't help but feel that it was an incredibly STUPID event to start with and am surprised a Sherrif's Department would be participating in such a dangerous event to start with. Aren't they well aware of the dangers of racing?!!! Don't they see enough accidents without setting up events likely to cause more? Shame on the school district as well!

Sheromom....I thought the exact same thing! It was and IS an incredibly stupid event!!! A reporter got injured in the same event just last year, and they STILL think it's a good idea to put this thing on??? Honestly, for the life of me, I cannot even fathom LE or rescue personnel in my state staging and participating in such a ridiculous production! What were they thinking!!!! STUPID STUPID STUPID!

luvbeaches said:
I've looked around here, but I don't see a thread mentioning this. If there is one, please delete this.

I heard that she's being sued by Melinda Duckett's family. I think this is nuts. Don't they think that the police asked the same questions? Melinda went on Nancy's show...and she didn't tell the truth. It's too bad she killed herself before telling someone what she did with Trenton.

It's always about suing someone and money. So it's Nancy's fault that Melinda killed herself. Right. How about the grandparents and the loaded gun. In the end, it was Melinda's decision to kill herself. I am sick of people jumping on the "suing" bandwagon. But I am not at all surprised. I hope they toss this out. And I only wish that the ones that filed the suit would have to pay Nancy's attorney fees. Maybe if there was some accountability like this, we'd see less and less of these lawsuits.

I'd say (from what I've read) Melinda had a lot of issues. Did we ever hear anything at all from her mom and dad? So this is all Nancy's fault...brother what's this world coming to?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,230843,00.html

I' m happy to see Nancy Grace get some backlash for her big mouth. She is judge, juror and jailer. She may not be the cause of the suicide but as an alleged reporter, she goes way too far.

Sally said:
I' m happy to see Nancy Grace get some backlash for her big mouth. She is judge, juror and jailer. She may not be the cause of the suicide but as an alleged reporter, she goes way too far.

She's entitled to her opinion.

The whole lawsuit is a joke--and will be thrown out---Nancy Grace gets on my nerves these days but to think she had anything to do with whatsername's suicide is ludicrous---and I hope Nancy counter-sues for malicious prosecution

I am not intimately familiar with the exact circumstances, and situation, of the boy's disappearance/murder, and didn't see Nancy Grace's show, or read the transcript of it, so I can't offer up a knowledgeable opinion, but it has been alluded that the mother was/is LE's prime suspect. I don't think Nancy Grace could be successfully sued in this instance, and not necessarily only because the mother was the prime suspect. There are many points of law that would have to be proven, in a case, such as this one, and the fact is, none of them can be proven.

in this particular case a "planned suicide" would be just as easy to prove. NG did a special last week with "crime scene" photo and results of the dumpster-dive LE did the day after the boy was reported abducted.

from the photos of the boy's bedroom the night the mother called (with 2 friends...actually i think one of them might have made the call) it would be impossible for a perp to reach all the way into the bedroom standing outside the window and take the child out the window as melinda alleged. physically not possible. plus the bed was made, so it did not look like a child had been put to bed, let alone snatched from it.

the very next day LE found all kind of baby items thrown out of melinda's apartment into the dumpster including NEW never used items. boxed diapers untouched, little re-usable food containers with his name on them that he took to day-care. why are these items in the trash found less than 24 hours after the call came to LE that he was "taken".

so many think she gave trenton to someone and her eventual intention was to commit suicide....i heard a cop state this i think to NG when she made her on-site visit to Fla last week.

all of this is to say there is no way to prove NG had a thing to do with the suicide. melinda was also on several local radio shows and instead of wanting to talk about trenton, wanted to talk about her ex.

i do not like NG, but support her in this. she and CNN are targets in this lawsuit only b/c she is hi-profile and CNN has deep pockets, the parents are hoping.

Boyzmomee said:
Sooo, you should get sued?
Well it could happen, but in N.G's position she has more liablility for what she says.

Sally said:
Yes, she is. As am I.
What if Nancy Grace killed herself a day after your comments? Would you deserve to be sued, too?

Nikki 01 said:
What if Nancy Grace killed herself a day after your comments? Would you deserve to be sued, too?
Please refer to my prior post.

Melinda was an unstable woman who probably would have committed suicide whether she had gone on Nancys show or not.. I dont think Nancy is liable for her death.

All Nancy did was ask her a few questions about where she had been the day before and the day of her son disappearance, she had gone on the show voluntarily of her own free will, she was a call-in and could have hung up the phone at any time. The only person that caused Melindas suicide was Melinda.

Also, Melinda Duckett called in to another talk show - a local radio show in the Orlando area - AFTER the taping of the Nancy Grace show. The radio personality is a man named "Doc" and he was on the Nancy Grace show and described Melinda's call.

So why is he not being sued also? Pockets not deep enough?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back