FL - Robert 'Scotty' Thomas, 16, shot to death, Port St Lucie, 25 Nov 2006

Shadow205

Reaction score
PORT ST. LUCIE —</B> A 16-year-old boy remained in critical condition Friday night after his friend accidentally shot him in the head with a gun stolen from a Martin County sheriff's deputy, police said.

Robert Scott Thomas Jr. was shot in the forehead with a .380 Colt pistol about 1 a.m. Friday and flown to St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach, police said. Thomas was hanging out in the bedroom of his best friend Dustin Williams, 17, in the 300 block of Southeast Fallon Drive, with a third teenager, Azahel Millan Jr., 16, police said.

Williams was showing off the gun, which he and some friends reportedly had stolen Wednesday night from a nearby vehicle belonging to Martin County sheriff's Deputy George Primm, Sgt. Rod Dobler said.

Williams took out the magazine, which fell to the floor, but there was still a bullet in the chamber that the teens apparently didn't know about, Officer Michelle Steele said. Williams pulled the trigger and hit Thomas in the forehead, causing him to fall off the end of the bed.

more at the link http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_5167108,00.html

The links for Williams and Thomas go to the same profile? :confused: I hope the guy pulls through, and recovers fullly. The shooter must be feeling microscopic right now. I hope it scares them all straight. :banghead: :mad:

KatK said:
The links for Williams and Thomas go to the same profile? :confused: I hope the guy pulls through, and recovers fullly. The shooter must be feeling microscopic right now. I hope it scares them all straight. :banghead: :mad:
Sorry about that, I copied the same link twice, I have fixed it now. :doh:

PORT ST. LUCIE — A 16-year-old Port St. Lucie High School student accidentally shot in the head died Saturday, and now his best friend who pulled the trigger faces manslaughter charges.

Robert Scott Thomas Jr. was pronounced dead at 12:40 p.m. Saturday after remaining on life support since Friday at St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach.

more at the link http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_5169996,00.html

PORT ST. LUCIE — The family of a teenager who was accidentally killed by his best friend is suing a Martin County deputy whose handgun was stolen and used in the shooting.
Robert Scott Thomas Jr., 16, was shot on Nov. 24 at the Port St. Lucie home of his friend Dustin Williams, 17, who was charged with manslaughter and grand theft of a firearm in the death. Police said Williams stole the gun — a Colt Mustang .380 — from the patrol car of Martin County Sheriff's Office Deputy George Primm while it was parked in Primm's driveway.
Thomas' parents, Robert and Denise Thomas, filed a lawsuit Monday against Primm. The suit claims he was negligent for leaving the loaded gun in his car.
The suit claims the gun was stolen from the unlocked car sometime after Nov. 21. While Williams and Thomas were hanging out in Williams' bedroom, Williams took the magazine out of the gun — not realizing there was still a bullet in the chamber — and shot Thomas, police said. He died a day later.

more at the link http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_5536550,00.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back