1286 users online (299 members and 987 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Mariesa Weber, 38, New Port Richey, 28 Oct 2006

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/25/boo....ap/index.html

A woman's body was found wedged upside-down behind a bookcase in the home she shared with relatives who had spent nearly two weeks looking for her.
    A spokesman for the Pasco County Sheriff's Office said Mariesa Weber's death was not suspicious. Family members said they believe she fell over as she tried to adjust the plug of a television behind the bookshelf.

more at link

What a bizarre way to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterj
    What a bizarre way to die.
    No kidding. I am sitting here with a few of my boys and we were trying to imagine this.

WOW, that is bizzare.. how sad..

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

how horrible!!...if true. i will be anxious to read about what is found at autopsy. how long did it take her to die. could she have been able to cry out. i guess no one heard anything.

this will make me think twice when i put myself in a "tight spot". you never imagine the un-imaginable will happen. i really hope this woman did not suffer.

I thought I read in an article that she had been there unnoticed for 11 days, with her mother in the apartment.

Got me to wondering, as nasty as this is, how they didn't smell her before then??

Quote Originally Posted by amandab
    I thought I read in an article that she had been there unnoticed for 11 days, with her mother in the apartment.

Got me to wondering, as nasty as this is, how they didn't smell her before then??
    You are right about that. I didn't even think about that aspect. I too wonder if she struggled or died immediately. I sort of doubt the latter situation. How horrible.

Something like this just happened to me tonight. I was loading up the van from a party at my brother's home and I ran into a cobweb in the darkness. It freaked me out so much I lost my balance, lost the dishes I was holding and fell into the bushes knocking my head into the brick wall just slightly. (I feel so stupid telling this!)

Anyway, my first thought (after getting that sticky web off my face and out of my hair!) was that I wondered how long I would have stayed out there, if I had truly been knocked out, before someone found me! Nobody really knew I was loading up the van, as there were lots of family members and it's a big home, and I was taking the back way to the van. Fortunately I was ok and didn't mention anything to anyone because it was embarrassing. (Still is.) Just a little sore.

I hope this poor woman didn't have to suffer.

This is so bothersome. I hope she didn't suffer back there for long. Prayers to her family who tried to find her but didn't know where to look.

I live alone, and I often wonder how long it would take for people to find me if I had an accident that incapacitated me. The thought is rather disconcerting.

I also wonder how the smell didn't lead family to her much sooner. I also wonder how it is possible to fit an entire adut body behind a bookcase without it being visible. I can barely squeeze my hand and lower arm behind my cases!

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    How awful!

This is very tragic and very very bizzare. So bizzare in fact that I have to be honest and
    say I hope a througho autopsy is done on this lady. I have to admitt I have
    trouble invisioning this scenerio as described

mjak

Quote Originally Posted by mjak
    This is very tragic and very very bizzare. So bizzare in fact that I have to be honest and
    say I hope a througho autopsy is done on this lady. I have to admitt I have
    trouble invisioning this scenerio as described

mjak
    I agree. This is too bizarre to be believeable.

Unhappy

It's bizarre, and horrible but plausible. She probably died within a minute or two of falling.

Quote Originally Posted by CNN news story
    Both Weber and her sister previously had adjusted the television plug by standing on a bureau next to the shelf and leaning over the top. Her family believes Weber, who was 5-foot-3 and barely 100 pounds, may have fallen headfirst into the space.

"She's a little thing," her mother said. "And the bookcase is 6 feet tall and solid. And she couldn't get out."

The sheriff's office said Weber appeared to have died because she was unable to breathe in the position she was in.

I don't understand this. Would there have been a horrible smell right away?

This is terrible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast