The Hudood Ordinance

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
Every day of my life, it often crosses my mind to be grateful i was born in the Western World. on this day, i have read about "the Hudood ordinance". my gratitude is extreme today:

The law that lets women be raped changes... a little

One woman is raped every two hours and one gang-raped every eight hours, according to the country’s independent Human Rights Commission. But under the ordinance introduced in 1979 by the dictator General Zia ul-Haq as part of an Islamisation campaign, rape cases have to be dealt with in sharia courts. Victims need four male witnesses to the crime — or face prosecution for adultery.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2471862,00.html

I have every respect for religious ideals - until those ideals encroach on the lives of others. where is the protection and sanctuary? where is the human love?

[I'm really not sure in which forum to post this. these are crimes in the news. maybe not in the West, but they are crimes.]

Thanks Floh. I know we have a thread here already about that probably in the up to the minute forum. Doesn't hurt to have it here also in the crime forum. Could be where the other one was posted as well, it was from a few days ago before Thanksgiving.

strach304 said:
Thanks Floh. I know we have a thread here already about that probably in the up to the minute forum. Doesn't hurt to have it here also in the crime forum. Could be where the other one was posted as well, it was from a few days ago before Thanksgiving.

Ah. i'm at a loss as to finding the other thread you mention about the the Hudood ordinance. a search doesn't bring anything either - could you link it for me, please?

thanks. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back