John's prostate

halycon said:
Didn't he have prostate cancer? He looks awful!
Not that I'm aware of, halycon. I do believe he had gone to the Mayo Clinic to have some tests done for this sometime between 1994 and 1996, however the results were negative.

-Tea

Yes I believe he did have prostrate cancer - years ago. As to him looking awful, I disagree. I think he looks years younger and has probably had some cosmetic surgery.

Edited to add - I can't find a source for him having prostate cancer. I do distinctly remember reading that he had either been diagnosed and treated for the disease OR that he'd had some kind of scare. I *thought* it had been in DOI, but I can't see it in ACR's index. My memory is that Patsy had been talking about a run of bad luck they'd had with Beth's death, her cancer and John's prostate. However, as long as I can't source it, please don't take it as gospel.

Jayelles said:
Yes I believe he did have prostrate cancer - years ago. As to him looking awful, I disagree. I think he looks years younger and has probably had some cosmetic surgery.

Edited to add - I can't find a source for him having prostate cancer. I do distinctly remember reading that he had either been diagnosed and treated for the disease OR that he'd had some kind of scare. I *thought* it had been in DOI, but I can't see it in ACR's index. My memory is that Patsy had been talking about a run of bad luck they'd had with Beth's death, her cancer and John's prostate. However, as long as I can't source it, please don't take it as gospel.
I thought so too! Also looks like he has dropped a bit of weight in the face (could just be that he's had a lift and a nip/tuck....) oh well, I ended up changing the channel after 15 minutes...

That's funny that you all thought he looked like he had plastic surgery. Could he really be that vain? I bet he could!

I thought his liverspots were really on display, but I guess the guy must be 70 now, so. Something I can look forward to in 30 years. :-(

Jayelles, thanks for looking that up in the book. I swear I thought I heard he had prostate trouble.

Looks like he hasn't sold Miss America, the yacht.

Jayelles said:

You are perhaps thinking of the following exchange in Patsy's 1997 interview with Tom Trujillo.

TT: You know John uh, John had some problems, kind of was in the hospital (inaudible) when you were going through cancer (inaudible due to background noise) treatments. How did that turn out?

PR: He had pericarditis.

TT: Um hum.

PR: (Inaudible)

TT: Kind of an inflammation around the heart?

PR: Right. And he had been to Mexico and I will always believe he got something nasty in Mexico . . .

PR: Um, but he, one evening he was grabbing his chest, you know, and I said what’s the matter and he said, oh I have this little chest pain and I said well it must just be indigestion they said that if you're having a heart attack your arms hurt and he said well, my arms kind of hurt.

TT: (Chuckle)

PR: In the car. So we took off to the hospital.

TT: Now was that here in Boulder or was that down in (inaudible).

PR: That was Boulder.

TT: That was in Boulder? Okay. How many days did he, did he spend overnight in the hospital.

PR: Uh huh. Yeah.

TT: Just one day in the hospital.

PR: Um, (paper rustling causing Patsy’s voice to be inaudible) one or two.

TT: Nothing permanent though.

PR: No. He took some kind of medication for it and that was (inaudible) . . .

TT: Strong antibiotics and all that and . . .

PR: Yeah. I can’t remember what the name of it was.

TT: Does John have any other major medical problems at all?

PR: No. Well, he had uh, he goes to Mayo Clinic regularly and uh, this past fall he had some prostate tests. . .

PR: Um, but those were all fine.

I also note that according to public flight records, John did fly to Rochester, Minnesota on November 8th of this year, and Rochester is home to the famous Mayo Clinic, so he still, for whatever reason, makes those visits Patsy referenced.

Did I hear that John has remarried? I can't find anythiing on this but I know I read it somewhere.

Rhett said:
Did I hear that John has remarried? I can't find anythiing on this but I know I read it somewhere.
I have heard nothing on this. Please if you find the proof of that share it. That would be something wouldn't it. CK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back