IL IL - Jesse Ross, 20, Chicago, 21 Nov 2006

JustUsJones

Reaction score
Sorry for the multiple links--the only one with a photograph had a few basic lines, the more detailed articles didn't include any visuals.

In general:
A UMKC student on a group trip to Chicago was reported missing Saturday night. Jesse Ross, 20, of Belton Missouri hasn't been seen since Tuesday morning. ...

Article:
http://www.kwqc.com/Global/story.asp?S=5729483&nav=menu83_3

Article AND Photographs:

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_330183224.html

*Am I slow, or do I read that he was very outgoing and friendly (family/friends descriptors) and in the same breath realize that he was not seen since the early hours of Tuesday but not reported missing until SATURDAY? If the descriptors are accurate, the assumption that he was not missed (thus reported) for as many as four days isn't logical. Am I reading that correctly?*

JUJ

I don't know what to think about that either. I wonder how long he was supposed to stay in Chicago. Maybe his family didn't find it odd that he didn't call or anything if they thought he was busy in Chicago, but when he didn't come home when he was supposed to, they reported him missing. Also, his phone and credit card have not been used. It doesn't look good with him missing this long.

In the little over a month that 19-year-old Jesse Ross has been missing, his family has never lost hope.

"They've been amazing, as far as having suffered something like this so close to the holidays," said Ken Albers, a deacon at St. John Frances Regis in Kansas City, the Rosses' parish. "They’ve relied very much on their faith."

The University of Missouri-Kansas City sophomore disappeared on Nov. 21 -- two days before Thanksgiving -- while attending a mock United Nations conference at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers

http://www.nbc5.com/news/10616518/detail.html

I wonder if a group of the kids went out partying at the bars in the evening? There have been so many college boys disappear and end up in rivers after they leave a bar alone. I just read an article about that and how LE is finally starting to put it all together and are now questioning if they don't have a serial killer on their hands even though it has happened in different cities.
Even tho this didn't happen around a college he was at a function to do with college and there were probably a lot of college kids attending. Any thoughts?

i believe this airs tonite:

“America’s Most Wanted” will shine a national spotlight on the case of Jesse Ross, a University of Missouri-Kansas City student who disappeared in Chicago in November.
The Belton native was visiting town for the American Model United Nations International conference. He was last seen Nov. 21 leaving his downtown hotel.

Since Ross vanished, his family and friends have worked to publicize his disappearance. Family members flew to Chicago in December to hand out fliers and hold a news conference. UMKC students have helped raise reward money.

Now “America’s Most Wanted,” which appears on the Fox television network, will bring his case to a national audience. The show featuring Ross will start at 8 p.m. Saturday on local affiliate WDAF-TV.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/16538980.htm

Surveillance video last captured images of the University of Missouri-Kansas City sophomore at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers, 301 E. North Water St., where he was attending two conference events, including a dance. Chicago police have said some other attendees said Ross appeared drunk shortly before his disappearance.

Police divers have scoured the Chicago River and Lake Michigan shore, but they found nothing, spokeswoman Monique Bond said. Police most recently have searched the lakefront by helicopter during training missions and consider the investigation ongoing, she said.

more:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chicago/chi-0701250034jan25,1,6461538.story?coll=chi-newslocalchicago-hed

Nothing new on Jesse? I wonder if he is another victim that has ended up in a river but just hasn't been found yet. His poor parents.

CHICAGO — The family members of a missing 20-year-old Missouri college student are now offering a ten-thousand dollar reward for tips leading to his return.

Jesse Ross — a sophomore at the University of Missouri-Kansas City — vanished on November 21st. He was at a model United Nations conference at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel.

Ross is from Belton.

His family was initially offering a five-thousand dollar reward but say the announcement hasn't generated much of a response.

His father Don Ross says the family's goal is to bring the 20-year-old home safely.

Police divers have used sonar to search the waters around the Michigan Avenue Bridge where Ross was last seen.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,250850,00.html

JustUsJones said:
Sorry for the multiple links--the only one with a photograph had a few basic lines, the more detailed articles didn't include any visuals.

In general:
A UMKC student on a group trip to Chicago was reported missing Saturday night. Jesse Ross, 20, of Belton Missouri hasn't been seen since Tuesday morning. ...

Article:
http://www.kwqc.com/Global/story.asp?S=5729483&nav=menu83_3

Article AND Photographs:

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_330183224.html

*Am I slow, or do I read that he was very outgoing and friendly (family/friends descriptors) and in the same breath realize that he was not seen since the early hours of Tuesday but not reported missing until SATURDAY? If the descriptors are accurate, the assumption that he was not missed (thus reported) for as many as four days isn't logical. Am I reading that correctly?*

JUJ
Hello JustUsJones,:)
Thank-you for posting this.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Bobbisangel said:
Nothing new on Jesse? I wonder if he is another victim that has ended up in a river but just hasn't been found yet. His poor parents.
unfortunately that's is what I think happened, hope not.

Enrique Sparta said:
unfortunately that's is what I think happened, hope not.
Hello Enrique Sparta,:)
It is very nice to meet you. I posted an article about a boy missing in Chicago (Richard Delgado) and he was later found safe. I am hoping that the same is true of Jesse.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

hi dark_shadows, nice to meet you too.

that would be ideal if everyone was found safe! it was amazing when those two boys from Missouri were found and brought back to their families

i do believe the midwest college men who have been drowning is not just accidents. one of them i think has already been re-opened as a homicide.

hope JR isn't gonna be found in any river or lake!

Enrique Sparta said:
hi dark_shadows, nice to meet you too.

that would be ideal if everyone was found safe! it was amazing when those two boys from Missouri were found and brought back to their families

i do believe the midwest college men who have been drowning is not just accidents. one of them i think has already been re-opened as a homicide.

hope JR isn't gonna be found in any river or lake!
Hello Enrique,:)
Thank-you for being here. I did not give up hope in hearing that Richard would be found safe. I hope and pray that Jesse is found safe also.

Again Enrique, it is very nice to meet you and I am looking forward to your posts.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

I hope that Jesse is found safe too but so many college age boys have become victimes of the water in the last year or so. I heard on TV that LE is finally looking at the drownings as seriel crimes because there have been so many of them. It seems that there is a killer that goes from place to place and runs into a college boy that has had to much to drink and he kills him and dumps him into the water. Until lately LE has refused to connect all of these college boys and had said their deaths were accidential. I'm glad that they are looking at them as murders because that is how it has looked to me right from the start. I hope that Jesse just decided to take some time out and that he is alright though. My heart goes out to his family. This has to be a nightmare for them.

Bobbisangel said:
I hope that Jesse is found safe too but so many college age boys have become victimes of the water in the last year or so. I heard on TV that LE is finally looking at the drownings as seriel crimes because there have been so many of them. It seems that there is a killer that goes from place to place and runs into a college boy that has had to much to drink and he kills him and dumps him into the water. Until lately LE has refused to connect all of these college boys and had said their deaths were accidential. I'm glad that they are looking at them as murders because that is how it has looked to me right from the start. I hope that Jesse just decided to take some time out and that he is alright though. My heart goes out to his family. This has to be a nightmare for them.
Hi Bobbisangel,:)

My heart goes out to Jesse's family also.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

a commenter on the site lives there and says they walked the perimiter of the sheraton and there is absolutely no way someone can not be on camera. Even if they went into the river, it would be caught by a camera.

jodierenee said:
a commenter on the site lives there and says they walked the perimiter of the sheraton and there is absolutely no way someone can not be on camera. Even if they went into the river, it would be caught by a camera.

I wonder where Jesse is then? I hope he is just away because he wanted to take a little break for some reason.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back